Chapter 5 - The Qi is Strong

Chapter 5 - The Qi is Strong

A Chapter by JulieZee
"

This portion of our tale comes to an end.

"

The Ten Warriors, Ronnie The Guy and myself looked at each other with dread in our eyes. We ran as fast as our tired legs could carry us. We had to wake him. There is one mountain on our world. Sitting at the very top is a temple that house one lone monk. He had been meditating for the last 30 years, undisturbed. Now was the time to wake him.

We climbed to the top of the mountain. Our hands bleed from the journey and froze in the high altitudes. No one had seen the monk Qi in years and our hearts raced with anticipation as we stood gazing upon the large wooden door. He must have sensed us standing so unsure at his threshold, for the door swung open and there levitating before us was Qi. He began to chant softly. A bright light surrounded his body and as he continued to chant it enveloped our small group of weary warriors. Qi chanted louder and louder as the light seeped into our bodies making us stronger than ever before.

“Now go,” he said. “Nothing can harm you as long as the energy flows through you. I can sense David very close. You must gather all who remain and bring them here. We will be able to board the ship and leave this ruined place.”

“We cannot leave our home.” I argued.

“It is no longer our home, it is an empty shell. We will start again somewhere better. A place called Earth. Now go, there is not much time. David will be here soon.” With that he closed his eyes and began his chant again. His body floated back into the temple and the doors closed behind him. We could still hear his chants as we left and his voice carried all the way to the valleys below as if the syllables were in our minds and not the outside world.

So many people had died that gathering them was not very hard. I could see the glow of David’s ship as it broke the clouds above the mountain. I dared to look back to see the beasts swarming up to meet us on the rocks. We hurried our people along. We lost so many on that climb. The Ten Warriors flanks either side of our diminishing group, I headed the front and Ronnie The Guy, broad sword in hand, bravely took the rear.

Waiting for us at the temple was Qi, David and his pilot Colonel Kim Strauss. I had the pleasure of meeting the Colonel during his last visit when he taught me the art of flying their massive ship.

“Colonel Strauss.” I said and saluted him.

“Captain Zee.” He said as he returned my salute. The men embraced us happy to see that a few of their dear friends still remained.

I looked up at the large ship that hovered several stories above our heads. The bay door is open and a few crew members’ heads are seen peering over the ledge. They signal to us and we begin gathering small groups to be transported to the ship above. The transport can only handle a total of 20 people at a time. I look around panicked. This was going to take a lot long than we may be able to deal with.

I canvased the scene before me. I counted people and readied them for the transport as the Ten Warrior and Ronnie The Guy fought off the demons. Ronnie The Guy was covered in yellow slime. With a ferocious roar he ran down the mountain. I frantically looked to where he was running. Anger, the large bear was galloping towards him. Ronnie The Guy was fearlessly racing towards Anger with his broad sword high above his head. He hacked repeated at Anger. Slice after slice of the broad sword connected with the bear’s hide and blood began to rush from the numerous wounds. I gaped in wonder at his determination.

We transported the last group of fatigued citizens. I looked back with a tinge of sadness. Such wonderful memories we created on that beautiful planet. Qi lays a knowing hand on my shoulder and guides me towards the area for transport. I look around in panic.

“Where is Ronnie The Guy?” I yell. “Where is he?” He was not with us. I ran forward to where I last saw him battling Anger. The bloodied body of the bear is slumped against the side of the mountain. My heart jumped with joy. I expected to see his big smiling face climbing to the top of the mountain any second.

An evil laugh filled the air and my skin crawled.

 “Ronnie The Guy.” A deep voice filled the air. A hand closed around my neck. The heat from the hand felt as if it would burn my skin off. “Oh, Ronnie? Where are you?” Satan squeeze my neck tighter and lifted me off the ground. Just then a hand reached the top rock on the mountain. I smiled and spit I at Satan. Ronnie The Guy hoisted his body up. He held his sword in front of him and lunged towards us.

The shock of Ronnie The Guy’s actions caused Satan to release his grip on me. I pulled out my fighting stick and ready myself for the attack.

“Go!” Ronnie The Guy shouted.

I looked down the mountain at the uncountable demons that were rising up to fight us. In front of me was the most horrible of them all, Satan himself, locked in battle with Ronnie The Guy.

“I can’t leave you behind.” I screamed. Ronnie The Guy shoved me towards the transport area where our tired warriors waited anxiously for me.

“Go. Go with David. Take our people to safety.” He shouted.

I didn’t want to, but to save the many we sacrificed the one. It was what he wanted and I reluctantly obeyed. We transported to the ship and stared down at Ronnie The Guy trying to determine who had the upper hand. David pulled me back from the bay door.

“We’ll come back for him. Just wait. We’ll come back and he will be standing triumphant on top of this here rock. His Qi is Strong.” David said with confidence. He had seen some of the feats Ronnie The Guy was capable of. Deep down I knew he was right.

We are going into warp drive in a few minutes. That is our story. For now, it ends here. To make the journey I have to join the rest of the passengers of this ship in deep freeze. David has promised that once we land on Earth and unload the survivors we will come back for Ronnie The Guy and he has reminded me that he always keeps his promises.



© 2011 JulieZee


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

177 Views
Added on July 21, 2011
Last Updated on July 21, 2011


Author

JulieZee
JulieZee

CA



About
I find the most interesting part about a person is the thoughts and feelings that go unsaid and unnoticed. So many people say they are straight forward and an open book. However, there are always thou.. more..

Writing
Nervous Nervous

A Poem by JulieZee