A Painful Procedure

A Painful Procedure

A Chapter by Justme0786
"

Thanks for checking this out! Here is chapter one ; happy reading

"

Sometimes control is out of your grasp, and sometimes you have to learn to survive without it.”


~Justme0786


*Flashback*


I shift uncomfortably, as they secure me with taut rope, and near serrated wire. As I fight against strong and rough cord, the rope scorches my raw flesh. The unyielding wire stays ridged, and I strain to push out of the afflictive wires. I flinch at the material rubbing on my skin, but the rope only clenches even tighter. The black screen cover is just inches above me , and I can almost taste the sweat trickling down my face. I let out strangled groans as I arch my back….I hear inaudible voices, and they seem almost too distant. I push myself upwards and I hear stifled voices.


“Her contractions are closer. She should be ready to push any minute now.” A stern male voice says.


“yes. Just give her the epidural.” I hear a calm female voice reply.


I am forced back down, and I feel something sharp insert into my lower back. I let out a loud and sharp gasp as the injection is inserted, but soon my lower body is all numb, and I can’t seem to move much of my legs. I try to get as comfortable as possible, until I hear heated voices above me. They sound urgent, frantic, and very panicked. I can feel my pulse quicken. My breathing matches the speed of my pulse; panicked, and erratic.


“Put her to sleep…we have to go in for it!” I hear the once calm female’s voice, and her tone startles me.


“ok…you! get the injection prepared. We shall be going in for the child.”


“Quickly!” there was a startling urgency to her voice.


The words splinter inside of me, and I feel my heart shatter into a million pieces. I have lost sight of myself. I tell myself “It’s alright…its alright” with tears that betray my voice. I am in such a delirious state, I don’t remember my purpose or cause. If only I could wash away the pain and hurt… I feel my heart rushing in anxiety, terror pumping through my veins. I can feel the fear clouding my vision, as I struggle against the rope.


I whimper as I feel a liquid rushing through my arm, and I can feel my body almost instantly react to the injection. I scream from the initial burn of the injection, and it has a raw quality. The pain intensifies with every slight movement, nut it doesn’t take me far away. It takes me deep inside myself where pain is a state of mind, and only a part of my conscious. My eyes start to feel heavy, but the rest of my body feels so lightweight. I try to fight it but I can’t. A feeling of serenity washes over me as I stop struggling. I hear the faint sound of buzzing, and I smell of burning just before I drift out of consciousness.


My name is Evelyn, I am 15 years old, and I am having a child….



© 2016 Justme0786


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

71 Views
Added on July 18, 2016
Last Updated on July 18, 2016


Author

Justme0786
Justme0786

ON, Thornhill, Canada



About
I am an avid reader and writer with a simple life. I write because the words flow through my blood. Its as simple as that. Writing is not just words on a paper....true writers bring the words to life... more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Justme0786