A Shattered Soul

A Shattered Soul

A Chapter by Justme0786
"

Thanks for checking this out! Here is chapter two; happy reading

"
  • “Immortality lies deep into your soul, no matter how broken it is your soul stands strong, it makes you a fighter... so fight...fight because you owe it to yourself, and because you are strong enough”


~Justme0786

  • My eyelids flutter open, and I squint as I try to adjust my eyes to the light streaming into the room. I feel a deep throb in my lower abdomen area, and I try to muffle the painful sound coming from my mouth. I wince as I move my arms, and I glance down to witness the raw skin and flesh.

  • I attempt to sit upright, and step down from the bed, but with every movement I make, even in the slightest, a wave of excruciating pain washes over me. I strain my head to look beside me for anything, and something metallic catches my eye. It’s an emergency button! I carefully bring my arm to the side, and press the button. I hear the warning alarm from outside the room, and I settle down again.

  • I hear shuffling outside of the room, and I hear the door swing open. A female nurse walks in, and I see 5 others follow her in. They quietly close the door, and they stare at me for a few moments. I squirm uncomfortably under their unwavering gazes, and they walk towards me with expressionless faces.  

  • The man on my right speaks in a flat tone with no expression;

  • “we were unable to save the child. We only had the ability to reassure your safety, and the child passed before you woke.”

  • His voice shows no sympathy. No care, or feelings. I am frozen in disbelief as I hear his words. 9 months…I waited 9 months for my child…and it’s gone? I block out the other voices as I stay there frozen willing the tears in my eyes to go away. I suddenly see a cot roll up to my bed, and I cautiously move my head to the side to view the small cot stationed by my side.

  • The feeling inside me breaks me apart. I claw at my chest willing the oxygen to go down, for the pain in my chest to leave me isolated, and just for world to end me. I firmly place my hands on the plastic cover of the cot, and I scream silently as the fresh tears cascade down my face. He can’t be gonehe can’t be….

  • I feel the doctors and nurses push me back into the bed, but I fight against them keeping my eyes firmly set on my son. I take in his whole appearance. I don’t want to forget anything about him…I stare at his loose brown curls resting on his small head. His soft and light pure skin define beauty. His eyelids rest halfway open, and I look into his iridescent and flecked blue eyes. Many shades of incandescent and striking blues that pierce right through me. The only thing wrong about him is that he is lifeless. He left this world long before I got to stare into his captivating and azure eyes.

  • The man with a once expressionless face, stands before me with anger. His eyes ablaze with rage. I helplessly fight against them but with one push of his hand I collapse back onto the bed. I struggle against them while tears blur my vision. My whimpers and cries seem unheard to them as they focus on holding me down, and preparing an injection for me. I can’t breath…

  • My head is throbbing with pain, and my chest feels as if someone is continuously stabbing me with a knife. Suddenly, the cot is wheeled away, and I let out strangled cries. I can’t find my voice. It left me the moment he died. I take in a deep breath and I scream. It’s a scream that shatters glass, pierces the soul, and tells as story with no words. It’s a tormented and torturous sound, yet so broken and shattered.

  • I feel the doctors push me down once more, and they cross my hands over to prevent me from struggling. I reach for my left wrist, and I rub the birthmark on my wrist. I seek comfort from the repetition of my thumb pushing back and forth on my skin, but the only thing it a reassures, is that this is all a reality. I am alive, while my child is dead…..

  • The doctors push the needle through my skin and I feel the liquid rush into me. Suddenly, everything is hazier, and I feel my senses dull. I hear a woman tell me “once you awaken, you won’t remember a thing….” I look at my child’s beautiful eyes one last time and then the world turns black….



© 2016 Justme0786


Author's Note

Justme0786
Hey Lovelies! I hope you all enjoyed. Let me know what you think of it so far. What is your initial thought? Send me a review to let me know!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

81 Views
Added on July 18, 2016
Last Updated on July 18, 2016


Author

Justme0786
Justme0786

ON, Thornhill, Canada



About
I am an avid reader and writer with a simple life. I write because the words flow through my blood. Its as simple as that. Writing is not just words on a paper....true writers bring the words to life... more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Justme0786