Chapter 1: Too Weird For Words

Chapter 1: Too Weird For Words

A Chapter by Kaena Blaise
"

She's called Lee Fumetsu...

"
                             Tears Left Uncried

“Lee Fumetsu was a very plain and much too ordinary girl who spent most of her time just trying to fade into the back ground and away from wandering eyes. All that changed on the day her class took a trip to Higurashi Shrine and she's pulled back in time to the Feudal Era, getting possessed by a nine-tailed fox-demon along the way. Then she’s chased through a strange new world, off the edge of a cliff, and into a freezing cold river. Could her day get any worse?!”

Raye: Yes, we know. They read that on the way into this story. That’s why clicked on it in the first place. Can we get on with it now?
KB: You’re very impatient.
Raye: I’m not the one repeating myself over and over again about the same crap. These readers are here to read about me not to listen to you ramble on about no-thin-g. *Stomps away and slams the door*
KB: Did she just slam my mental door?
Lee: Yes. That she did. But then again, you’re the one having a discussion with two figments of your imagination instead of starting your story. Readers are getting bored.
KB: Ugh! Fine! I try to do one thing right and you two ruin it for me.
Lee: ….
KB: Alright! I’m going already!

-KB
 
 
                         Tears Left Uncried
                                Chapter 1:
                        Too Weird For Words

Lee Fumetsu.

That’s her name. Some name, huh? Fumetsu. It sounds like a perfume or something. She’s hated it since the first time she was ever teased. Sure her lack of fashion sense, self-confidence, and grace only add to the fact, but for some reason, she’s always blamed most of it on her name.

Fumetsu. Meaning: never dies.

Yeah, as in the teasing ‘never dies’ or the laughter ‘never dies’ or the name-calling ‘never dies’. It’s a wonder she’s ‘never died’ from all the constant mockery. It has helped her get stronger though…in a sense.

She’s never cried once.

Well, yeah, she cried at her grandmother’s funeral and when her pet goldfish had to get flushed down the toilet but outside of all that. She’s never cried since starting middle school. After so much, a person starts building up a callous against it and it doesn’t bother them so much.

But, in Lee’s case, it’s made her that much more socially awkward. She ducks through the school halls, pressed as close to the lockers as she can get, clutching her books to her chest and hunkering in on herself until she’s practically a walking ball. On lunch hours, instead of braving the cafeteria, she pulls out an apple that she packed from home and hides in the library. And during gym she strays at the very back of the pack when running the mile or stands gawkily at the back of the tennis court, clutching the tennis racket like it’s a life line, and prays that the ball won’t find her.

Yeah, she’s a social butterfly. (Sarcasm.) Only to add to her list of numerable problems, Lee wears glasses. She doesn’t really need them except to read, but they’ve formed a permanent place on her nose as if she can hide behind them from the world. She could use her long, softly curled, brown hair to hide behind but she fears that too will only add to her clumsiness, so she keeps it pinned up in a tight bun at the back of her head.

So this is Lee. Lee Fumetsu. The awkward, clumsy, shy girl you can always find in the front of the room closest to the door, ready to bolt at the first sign of focus on her. Some chick, isn’t she?

“LEE! Get up or you’ll be late!” A woman shouts from down the hall of the small apartment.

Lee is already in the bathroom of course; moving like a silent ghost has become second nature to her. She quickly fumbles to put away her tooth brush and then begins the task of twisting her hair back into its bun and pinning it down with about twenty pins. Brushing through her long bangs, she tries to make them look somewhat decent, but with her glasses in the way there’s not a chance of that.
 
As if I could take them off, She thinks. Lee drops her hands with an exasperated sigh and stares at her reflection in the mirror. “Give it up, Lee. This is as good as it’s ever going to get and you know it. Just give it up.”

A small snicker from the doorway to the bathroom catches her attention and Lee glances down at her little sister out of the corner of her eye. “Still talking to yourself, Lee? I always knew you’d crack one day.”

“Get out, brat.” Lee tries to sound mean, but the emotion has never been in her arsenal of emotions. She’s too soft for anger. Instead, it comes out sounding like a squishy request.

Her little sister, Rini, burst into laughter as she slips away down the hallway. “Mom, Lee’s already up and talking to ghosts again.”

“I am not.” Lee wants to shout, but her voice dies again. With one last exhausted look in the mirror, she shuts off the light and hurries to the kitchen where her mother is just setting down a plate of eggs and bacon on the table. “Mom, did you remember to sign my permission slip? I have to have it ready at the bus or I won’t be able to go.”

The short haired, slender woman known as Fuu nods and picks up a slip of paper from the counter to give to Lee. “Yes, and I made sure to attach a note to your teacher to remind her of your aichmophobia (fear of sharp object…mainly swords).”

“Mom,” Lee rolls her eyes, “I don’t have a…aic…uh…”

“She’s a chicken of sharp stuff.” Rini helps around a mouthful of food.

“Rini.” Lee sighs. “Mom, please take off that note. I’m not afraid of sharp stuff. That was one time, way back in grade school.”

Fuu Fumetsu lifts an eyebrow, not having to say a word. Lee locks her jaw, giving up yet again, and grabs an apple from the basket on the table. She races for the door. “Lee, you need to eat!”

“I’ll be fine! I’m already out the door!” She calls back, shutting the door harder than needed to emphasis her words. She’s always run to school, so the distance doesn’t bother her. In fact, she’s rather good at running; it helps in escaping all the snickers and gossip people say about her.

The bus is already loading as she enters the school gate and she quickly rushes up to her teacher who waits at the bus doors. Lee groans. Now, she’ll have to walk past all the people already on the bus. Great.

“Fumetsu, you’re late.” Her teacher glares down at her. Even the teachers spoke about her sometimes when they thought she couldn’t hear, but she’s walked past the teacher’s lounge plenty of times to hear them snicker. Lee tears off her mother’s ‘note’ behind her back and then hands over the permission slip by itself.

“I’m sorry, Sensei.” Lee bows and then hurries onto the bus as she stuffs her mother’s ‘note’ into her bag and swings it onto her back. At the top of the steps, she stumbles to a quick stop as she realizes that not just a few people have arrived-everyone has. Her eyes bulge out her head and she quickly glues them to the stick floor of the bus.
 
Invisible. You are invisible. No one can see you, Lee chants in her mind over and over. With one hand clutching the strap of her bag and the other fiddling with the folds of her green skirt, Lee carefully inches her way towards the back of the bus, careful not to touch anyone or look at anyone. One mistake would mean another week of new gossip and new names to call her.  You are invisible. You are air. You are a ninja-.

BAM!

“Agh!” And down she goes. A foot pops out just as she’s about to make it to an empty seat at the back and it catches her on her right ankle. Laughter explodes in the bus, echoing loudly. Lee quickly climbs to her feet and scrambles into the seat. Gum had gotten stuck to her hand when she had tried to catch herself so now she stuck trying to pick it off. Her face burns in embarrassment and her knees are shaking uncontrollably.

“How was the view down there Fumetsu?” Someone jokes.

“Nice legs, four eyes.” Someone else adds.

Even the newest student at their school, a majorly gorgeous boy with strikingly beautiful green eyes and blonde hair laughs with them. Lee’s had a crush on him since he came here and somehow everyone knew.

“Hey, Shinjo-san, how’s that for your future wife? Hope you like them clumsy and covered in gum.” A girl laughs.

Shinjo-san laughs harder. “No way!”

Lee’s face burns hotter. Of course he wouldn’t want a clumsy wife. He’d go for a graceful one with a beautiful face and perfect body. All boys do. Pulling out her text book and opening it to a random page, Lee pulls out a smaller book and reads it behind the larger one. Secretly, she’ll sometimes pick up a romance book just to make her feel better, skipping over the more graphic parts, of course. She’s too squeamish to even peek at them.

The bus starts up with a rumble and jerks into gear as it pulls out of the parking lot. The ride down the streets is bumpy and loud, filled with the new jokes and gossip that she had dreaded. Even her book can’t seem to pull her free from the horrible world around her. She feared nothing ever could.

But she can’t imagine the fate waiting for her at the Higurashi Shrine. A new and wonderful adventure lies just beyond the tall tower of stone steps to the holy grounds. All she has to do is get there.


© 2014 Kaena Blaise


Author's Note

Kaena Blaise
Author’s Note:
I started this story a long time ago on the Fanfiction site, but wasn’t getting any feedback on it what so ever. I didn’t know what was good or what was bad on the story at all. I didn’t even know if readers were liking the story either. Very few people were answering my pleas for help, so I decided to just delete the story.
Then a reader on Fanfiction decided to help me and I figured it was time to go back and redo the story chapter by chapter. The helpful reader asked if they could so a version of my story and sadly I agreed to it. Now, the reader isn’t crediting me for the work except when I say something about it and they refuse to answer my messages at all.
So here I am, forced to come to another fanfiction site and look for fresh new readers.
PLEASE let me know if there are any screw ups in the story. I really love the Inuyasha anime (PROPS TO THE ARTIST/WRITER WHO CREATED IT BECAUSE I DO NOT OWN INUYASHA) and I have always wanted to do a fanfiction on it.
There are nearly 40 chapters in this story and they can all be read on Fanfiction.net if you wish to skip forward a bit, but I’ll be uploading the newly rewritten chapters here.
I’m also on DeviantArt under Kizyoi if you’d like to check out my art.
-KB

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

106 Views
Added on September 20, 2014
Last Updated on September 20, 2014
Tags: Inuyasha


Author

Kaena Blaise
Kaena Blaise

About
Writing, Reading, and Drawing are my favorite past-times, but writer's and artist's block are my constant companions so I can't really promise any on time updates. I'll try my best though. Current.. more..

Writing