Chapter 8: Pain, Pain, and More Pain

Chapter 8: Pain, Pain, and More Pain

A Chapter by Kaena Blaise
"

It's called a Doctor...

"

Tears Left Uncried

 

Raye: …I really hate you.

KB: What?

Raye: What do you mean by 'what'? What kind of entrance was that?

KB: At least you got one.

Raye: That was NOT an entrance. That was just me speaking to the toothpick.

Lee: I am not a toothpick.

Raye: *Stares at her* Have you looked in a mirror lately?

Lee: *Face starts to turn red*

KB: And that's my cue to say: Let the story commence! PLEASE!

 

-KB

 

 

Tears Left Uncried

Chapter 8:

Pain, Pain, and More Pain

 

Lee doesn't know how to explain what the vibrating pain in her body feels like; only that it's painful beyond anything she's ever felt before in her life. Like fire and ice going to war through her blood, it eats her alive from the inside out-clawing at her heart, her throat, her skin. It's like hell is being born within her.

 

Just stop this now. Please, whatever god is listening, just stop this. I can't handle this, Lee screams deep within the darkest recesses of her mind. One minute she had been in her body, the next she had been pulled back away from the bodily pain and into a swirling vortex of heat and power that was unknown to her. And then, just as suddenly, whatever had taken her place in her own body, came hurling back into the vortex with her, a place not made for two souls, and she was forced back into her body where even more pain waited her. Now, she's left to float between consciousness and darkness as the agony knocks her about on the edge of the shadow world.

 

Why me?!

 

Listen, that voice, the one from deep inside her, whispers soothingly to her. If Lee doesn't know any better it almost sounds like the voice is trying to…help her.

 

Listen? To what?

 

They call to you.

 

Huh? Lee dares to face the pain head on and pushes herself out of the limbo she's retreated to and the pain worsens. But there's more than that. Just faintly, she can hear humming. Voices, besides the one inside her, so familiar it's scary.

 

They start out as simple murmurs, but then slowly Lee is able to break through the wall of shrieking torture throbbing in her physical essence frame and pull the voices towards her. She begins to feel then-what remains of her damaged body.

 

Everything is numb and yet heavy at the same time. Her head is throbbing from where she hit the ground, the whole one side of her body is aching from the impact against the hard dirt, and just faintly she can feel the sting of numerous cuts and gashes across her whole form.

 

What else is new? She's always been a clutz. Bad luck made her awkward and clumsy.

Ever since coming here, it's like everything in this strange time period wants to kill her. It's like she's got a target on her forehead saying 'hey, here I am! A fleshy, weakling, human ripe for the killing!'

 

Yeah, her life is funny that way.

 

Just listen.

 

Lee is startled by the inner voice again. This time the voice is a bit stronger, echoing with a wave of warmth that she recognizes from the vortex she had been held in. Whoever it is must be pretty weak from whatever happened. She wants to ask the voice what's wrong, but her better judgment stops her.

 

You idiot! Once you start talking to the voices in your head, then you'll really go insane. Just ignore them.

 

She swears she can hear a sarcastic scoff from the voice, but it settles back into its quiet state within her as if on command. Lee sighs in relief.

 

Wait, Lee thinks. I just sighed. I'm still breathing!

 

The knowledge makes her head spin in reprieve. Finally some good luck.

 

"….Lord…maru…"

 

Huh? Lee snaps out of her thoughts. The new voice is small, like a child's, and so close to her. Lee identifies Rin's worried tone easily and almost smiles.

 

"Look! She moved!" Rin's voice exclaims merrily.

 

"Shut up, child!"

 

Jaken. Lee wants to roll her eyes.

 

"Lord Sesshomaru! Come see!" Rin ignores him.

 

Steps approach, first far off as if they're outside, and then coming towards her at a leisurely pace. They stop just at her head and there's a moment of absolute silence.

 

Yep, that's him, Lee almost groans.

 

Then more steps approach. "Is she awake?"

 

Kagome! Lee fights to wake up, but something holds her into place.

 

Stop.

 

What? No!

 

Just wait…

 

Wait? Wait for what? Lee can feel her annoyance at the inner voice growing. This is her body. Not anyone else's. There's no way she's going to listen to an imaginary voice.

 

Imaginary, huh?

 

Stop listening in on my thoughts!

 

Kinda hard to when you're practically screaming them.

 

Would you-? No! Stop, Lee. You are not crazy. You are you and no one else. Even to Lee the words sound oddly false.

 

"Lee? Lee, can you hear me?" Kagome calls out to her.

 

Lee tries again to wake up, but there's something holding her down, keeping her in her unconscious state of being. Struggling against invisible chains, Lee tries to cry out. How can one be imprisoned in their own body? It's impossible.

 

This is my body! Let me go, Lee screams inwardly. Something snaps and she can feel herself suddenly floating to the surface, finally free.

 

It feels like she's moving up through the floor, merging into her body; one body part at a time. First she finds her eyelids and pries them open. They flutter heavily as if they haven't been moved in a hundred years.

 

"Lee!" Rin is leaning over her with tears in her eyes.

 

"Welcome back to the living world." Kagome smiles down at her.

 

Next she finds her mouth and pulls it open to speak. Her lips stick together a bit, but they comply and her voice chokes out. "W..what…hap..pened?"

 

"A demon attacked!" Rin up and spills out. Over in another part of the room, Lee can just hear Jaken huff in irritation.

 

"Sesshomaru raced you here where we were. It's amazing how he picked up Inuyasha's scent from so far away." Kagome laughs. "How do you feel?"

 

With a few inaudible cracks of her neck, Lee moves her head slowly so that she can look straight up into his face. He stands at her head, face blank, and his silver hair flowing down his back like a white waterfall. Those golden eyes gaze down at her coolly, but she can just make out a glint of relief behind them. Her imagination perhaps? Lee swallows the dryness in her throat.

 

"I'm fine." She answers without looking away from him.

 

"Glad to hear, but I still want to make sure. I'll be right back with my medicine." Kagome stands up and leaves the room via a reed door and Lee moves her eyes away to get a good look around. They're in a small room, with a fire going in the fire pit in the center of the room. The warmth from the flame beats against her skin, but instead of simply just warming her, she can feel something pull the heat into her body.

 

How strange.

 

The heat then melts, literally, through every fiber of her being until she feels it disappear deep within her to that place of power, the vortex, that's so foreign to her. The vortex swallows the heat greedily and Lee can feel its light strengthen a bit. Bizarrely, she wants to smile.

 

When Kagome returns, Sesshomaru and Jaken both leave while they redress the wounds across Lee's body. She finally gets a full scale view of how badly she'd been hit. There's a massive bump on the back of her head, but Kagome said it wasn't life threatening, two gashes that resembled claw marks on her right calf, bruises lining the length of the side of her rib cage, and a bruise on her cheek. Other than that, Lee feels like crap.

 

I hate my life, she sighs.

 

"Well," Kagome claps her hands when she finishes, "I think it's safe to say that you're going to live."

 

"Yay." Lee tries to sound happy, but the sound comes out flat and sarcastic instead.

 

Kagome pats her shoulder gently as if the young girl might break if she were to hit her too hard. "Don't sound so sad. You'll be better in no time. Kaede will take care of you when you reach her village, but make sure to tell her to give you plenty of rest. That you definitely need most of all."

 

Kagome grabs the box with the red cross on the side and leaves again, this time letting out a loud, "Sesshomaru! Did you hear me? Make sure Lee gets rest while you travel. You got that?!"

 

Lee shakes her head. The girl is wasting her breath on the demon; he listens to no one, especially a human. There's no way she's getting rest any time soon as long as she's with this company.

 

Rin grabs Lee's hand with a sniffle. "Are you sure you're feeling better?"

 

Lee stares at the young child's worried expression and the tears glistening at the corners of her eyes. Her heart leaps into the back of her throat. How can anyone not love this kid? Lee wraps her up in a tight hug, or one that her sore body will allow without breaking out into another painful attack, and kisses her head. "Yes, sister, I'm just fine. Better now that I know you're okay."

 

"Of course I'm okay! You saved me." Rin sniffles again, rubbing her face into Lee's shoulder and curling up against her uninjured side. "If I didn't have you and Lord Sesshomaru, I would've been killed along with my family a long time ago."

 

Lee smiles and just hugs that girl against her. She never thought she'd adopt a kid as her sibling, but she loved Rin just as much as she loved her little sister back home. They'd get along great, Lee ponders silently.

 

It's then that Lee opens her eyes again, the day dream vanishing instantly. It's not like her two sisters could ever meet. They're both from different time periods. Can Lee really claim two sisters in those conditions? Does she have the right?

 

It wouldn't be fair.

 

If she kept one, she'd have to give up the other.

 

The thought sickens her and Lee squeezes her eyes shut tightly against the flood of guilt that rushes onto her heart. How could she give up someone she loves?



© 2014 Kaena Blaise


Author's Note

Kaena Blaise
Author’s Note:
I started this story a long time ago on the Fanfiction site, but wasn’t getting any feedback on it what so ever. I didn’t know what was good or what was bad on the story at all. I didn’t even know if readers were liking the story either. Very few people were answering my pleas for help, so I decided to just delete the story.
Then a reader on Fanfiction decided to help me and I figured it was time to go back and redo the story chapter by chapter. The helpful reader asked if they could so a version of my story and sadly I agreed to it. Now, the reader isn’t crediting me for the work except when I say something about it and they refuse to answer my messages at all.
So here I am, forced to come to another fanfiction site and look for fresh new readers.
PLEASE let me know if there are any screw ups in the story. I really love the Inuyasha anime (PROPS TO THE ARTIST/WRITER WHO CREATED IT BECAUSE I DO NOT OWN INUYASHA) and I have always wanted to do a fanfiction on it.
There are nearly 40 chapters in this story and they can all be read on Fanfiction.net if you wish to skip forward a bit, but I’ll be uploading the newly rewritten chapters here.
I’m also on DeviantArt under Kizyoi if you’d like to check out my art.

-KB

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

112 Views
Added on September 20, 2014
Last Updated on September 20, 2014
Tags: Inuyasha


Author

Kaena Blaise
Kaena Blaise

About
Writing, Reading, and Drawing are my favorite past-times, but writer's and artist's block are my constant companions so I can't really promise any on time updates. I'll try my best though. Current.. more..

Writing