Chapter 3: Let's talk it out

Chapter 3: Let's talk it out

A Chapter by KGrimm
"

Michael takes a trip to the Dr.

"

Chapter 3: Let’s Talk It Out

After work I had my weekly session with Dr. Shelly Morrison.  I had been coming to see her once a week for the past 8 months.  It took a long time to admit to myself that I needed to talk with someone about what was going on inside of my head.  It wasn’t enough to just talk with my girlfriend or friends from work.  I need to talk with someone who would understand what I was dealing with and could help me manage it.

Dr. Shelly, as I liked to call her, worked out of her home that sat along the Elizabeth River in Chesapeake VA. Once a week I would take a detour from my normal ride home and enjoy some of the twisty back roads that lead to her house.  Today as I pulled into her driveway there was a silver Audi parked to the left of the driveway.  I dismounted my bike and walked up to the porch eyeing the car as I passed. I took a seat on the wooden bench off to the side and took in the view.  The water wisped by as the wind brushed against the trees.  It was a picture perfect moment that lasted briefly before I heard the door unlatch and swing open.  

“Great session today, Arthur.”  Dr. Shelly said as she held the door open. 

“Thank you, Dr.” The man said as he passed through the door with his head down and his shoulders rolled forward. 

“I will see you next week at the same time I hope.” Dr. Shelly added.

“Yes, yes I believe so.” The man replied in a hushed tone as he paced to the sliver Audi.

I looked over at the man as he fumbled for his keys trying his hardest to make his escape.  I stood up and walked towards Dr. Shelly, “Wow, I thought I had problems.”

Dr. Shelly snapped her head in my direction taking notice of me for the first time.  “We determined that about you during our first session.  Now I’m just trying to figure out if I need to alert the authorities.” She said with a smirk.

“Well, that probably should have been done some time ago but everyone makes mistakes.” I said as I passed through the door and into Dr. Shellys inner sanctuary.



© 2013 KGrimm


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

112 Views
Added on August 7, 2013
Last Updated on August 7, 2013
Tags: Dark Lullabies, Dexter, Serial Killer


Author

KGrimm
KGrimm

Writing
Return Return

A Poem by KGrimm


Love Love

A Poem by KGrimm