Chapter 4: Good intentions

Chapter 4: Good intentions

A Chapter by KGrimm
"

Dinner, Desert and Deep Thought

"

Chapter 4: Good Intentions

I really am a good person.  Under all of the cloaks and disguises, under all of the snarky comments I can be someone to admire.

Someone once told me that the raw intent is the most important part of any action.  The intent of any situation or gesture can be corrupted through the serious mind f**k that is a person’s thought process.  But the initial intent never veers, never stumbles off course unless that person wills it to.  The intent is cemented into the foundation of the original thought and can only be recalled by its originator.

If that is the case than tell me why I have this overwhelming desire to harm, to maim, to dissolve every unworthy human being that I see.  If the former statement holds true, I should not be sitting on my back porch enjoying the beautiful fall weather and watching the leaves fall from the trees.  I sit and watch this beautiful transformation that nature shares with us while thinking of clever ways to dissolve the next ignorant person I set my eyes on.

If my initial thought was to carve a new smile onto the face of the inconsiderate human being that was texting behind the wheel this morning I should have acted on that intent.  Why did I not get off of my bike and calmly walk to the driver side door to knock on the window.  I can clearly imagine how a quick outreached hand and a swift draw cut could rearrange that lovely person’s body structure. 

NO… Instead I sit in a wooden rocking chair enjoying the beautiful fall temperature and asking myself what I want to make for dinner.  Last night we had pork chops and rice using a new marinade that I found at a local grocery store.  It is always nice to find something new and try it for the first time with complete satisfaction. Even my girlfriend, Caitlyn, enjoyed the change of pace and made her enthusiasm clear.

“This new marinade really adds a zing.” Caitlyn said as she rearranged the food on her plate.

“I agree. I am surprised it is so spicy.” I said as I came into the TV room with my plate in hand.

“We should pick up some more next time we go to the store.” Caitlyn added as she closed her mouth around another fork full of food. I made a note of her enjoyment and added Cajun Jerk Marinade to my mental grocery list. 

Tonight’s meal might not be a taste bud orgy but I decided to make an old favorite.  I fired up the grill and went inside to impale shrimp, green peppers, jalapenos and onions onto a handful of skewers.

Caitlyn walked through the door at 6PM this evening which is quite early for her. My girlfriend of many long years is a personal trainer at a local gym.  She usually works late nights training a surprising amount of people who evidently all have insomnia and a desire to get insanely ripped.  I could never understand how people could work out, getting all sweaty and producing large amounts of muscle building chemicals at 12AM.  It was entirely possible that they were some type of wannabe vampire that had to work out to keep up their muscle tone.  It was common knowledge nowadays with the many documentaries on the subject such as twilight and vampire diaries that once you become a vampire you get your very own set of abs. I guess it is one of the perks that are outlined in the new vampire brochure. I digress, but it was an unusually early night and a surprise to see Caitlyn during waking hours.

“How was your day?” she asked. “Don’t you look cute.” She followed with a slightly oogly tone.

“Why thank yo---“ I began to say as I turned to see Caitlyn bent down on all fours with her face 2 inches away from our cat Lzzy.

Lzzy is one third of the cat pack who also inhabits the place we call home.  Lzzy is a wonderfully fluffy 4 month old grey kitten who greets anyone that steps through the front door.  It is incredibly hard to resist that adorable face and posture when her head is slightly cocked to the right.

“Purrrrr…” responded Lzzy

“Did you do anything fun today?” Caitlyn asked with all seriousness and an expression that suggested she was waiting for a response.

Sensing that Lzzy was not preparing a response I decided I should add some dialog to this conversation. “I had a lovely day at work and even managed to stare at my computer screen for the required 8 hours.” I called out “Although, I think Lzzy’s day was filled with a much more productive schedule of butt licking, mouse chasing and sleeping.”

Caitlyn glanced up at me as I stood inside the kitchen clad in my bright orange apron holding a set of grill tongs.  Only a brief moment of recognition graced her face before her head fell back down an inch in front of Lzzy’s face.

“It sounds like you did have a very interesting day.” Caitlyn whispered into Lzzy’s ear.  “Make sure you add an extra hour of mouse chasing to your schedule for the rest of the week.”

Lzzy looked back into Caitlyn’s face as it continued to grow closer and closer with each advancing second.  “May I remind you that you are currently on a collision course with the very instrument that performs the butt licking?” I called across the room hoping that the information would process before impact was made.

“Thank you for helping me avoid that doom.” Caitlyn responded as she unfolded herself from the fetal position and assembled into a form that looked human again.

Caitlyn was wearing her typical work attire which consisted of a pair of black athletic pants, a blue dry fit shirt and a new pair of running shoes.  Her hair was pulled back into a ponytail that jutted out the back of her head like water exploding from a spigot. Over her left breast was a name tag that said, “Hello my name is Caitlyn.”  Ever since the day that I met her, Caitlyn has had a smile that cut right through me. She is a beautiful woman beyond her years but she doesn’t flaunt it.  I admire that about her. 

Caitlyn walked into the kitchen and greeted me with a warm smile and kiss.  “Whatever you are cooking smells delicious.” Caitlyn said as she un-slung the bag that was draped over her shoulder and placed it on the counter.  “What are we having tonight?”

“Shrimp on the Barbie.” I replied in the worst Australian accent.  “I just pulled the shrimp off the grill and I will be done with the salads in a moment.”

“Sounds Delicious! Let me change out of my work clothes and we can sit down together.” Caitlyn said as she hurried out of the kitchen.

I finished preparing dinner and placed our meal on the table in the dining room. With our plates set and my apron still on I sat down at the table.  Caitlyn walked into the room dressed in what could only be considered tissue paper, if tissue paper was see through and attached to elastic straps.

“I thought we could skip dinner tonight and go right to desert.” Caitlyn said in an innocent tone as she slowly approached.

Her outfit or lack thereof pressed against her skin as she moved closer.  I could see through the top that her n*****s were excited and they pressed against the fabric trying to escape. Caitlyn leaned over to bring her lips inches from my ear.  “Come with me.” She whispered.

Grabbing my hand she guided me into the hallway that led to our bedroom.  As I entered the dark hallway I glanced back to see our dinner neatly set at the table was beginning to get cold. As the thought exited my mind we entered the deep darkness of the bedroom and all other thoughts left with a rush of ecstasy. 

Until the following morning…



© 2013 KGrimm


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

118 Views
Added on August 7, 2013
Last Updated on August 7, 2013
Tags: Dark Lullabies, Dexter, Serial Killer


Author

KGrimm
KGrimm

Writing
Return Return

A Poem by KGrimm


Love Love

A Poem by KGrimm