I'm Bored

I'm Bored

A Poem by KWP
"

Something light and for the children

"

 I once made the mistake of telling my grandad 'I'm bored'.
Grunting he said 'there's a whole world to be explored.
You tell me you are bored, but you plainly cannot see,
The wide world around you, sprinkled in all it's beauty.'


'Let's go and dig up some dirt, for there are many things to be found,
It is amazing to see what you will find in the ground.
Like worms, ancient relics, and precious stones,
If we are lucky we may even find dinosaur bones.'


'Come, look to the oceans, we can dive really deep,
We can see all the sea creatures and their homes where they sleep.
We can sail all the oceans traversing the see.
We can swim with the whales, whilst learning to be free.'


'If we look to the sky in the middle of the day,
Catching the colours of blue, pink gold or grey.
Looking even further we can behold the universe,
We can wonder about just how small is planet earth.'


'Not even having to leave the house for creation,
You can explore the depths of your own imagination.
For whatever you see, whatever you perceive,
Is your very own version of reality.'


'So choose wisely at what you create in your head,
For that's what will become, that's what you said.
If you say you are bored then bored you shall be. 
Not me though,' said grandad, 'I've too much still to see.'

© 2014 KWP


Author's Note

KWP
tell me what you think :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I have tried to pick my favourite part of this poem but I just totally fell in love with each and every line of it, by far your best from what I have read now, it really inspired me and I doubt I shall ever be bored again, and this one will definitely come in handy one day wen I have a few grandkids of my own. :)

Posted 9 Years Ago


KWP

9 Years Ago

aww well thank you so much ... what a lovely thought to wake up to on this lovely friday xxx
Well written, the theme that life is full of great things waiting for us to explore and enjoy. I also like nice rhyme that rare these days! I like it very much


Posted 10 Years Ago


Abdul Alsaaidi

10 Years Ago

I agree 100% a poem without a rhyme for me is like reading news.

You have taken posses.. read more
KWP

10 Years Ago

wow - I love that ... how beautiful xx
Abdul Alsaaidi

10 Years Ago

Thanks KWP.
What a very wise man your grandfather was.I think children are often bored because their worlds aren't wide enough. Nor have they learned that you can "see creation in a grain of sand..." I don't know who said that.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Well, I think that your grandad has some wise words here for our consideration....:)
There is indeed much we can explore just using our minds.....children seem to have a natural gift for this, but it's something that we lose as we grow into adults...(unless we cultivate it...)....I guess that's what keeps us poets going...a chance to use our imagination to inspire...to release emotions and to explore the beauty of words....
Thanks for sharing this great poem....uplifting, inspiring.....
BB

Posted 10 Years Ago


KWP

10 Years Ago

Hey thanks BB :) glad you enjoyed and thanks so much for reading ... cultivating it ... yes thats th.. read more
I absolutely adore this. the words used, the rhyme, the meanings, the topic. wonderful. scrumptious!

tell you the truth, I don't very much care for the so-called free verse. no rhyme. lines of unequal length, no music. I can't for the life of me understand readers who go: well penned, great poem.. (poem? looks like a text to me but arranged in a certain way!!).
Again, beautifu poem.

Posted 10 Years Ago


KWP

10 Years Ago

why thank you chick :) happy I am you enjoyed ... I like writing with rhyme ... it makes me feel as .. read more
Woody

10 Years Ago

thank YOU, KWP (your name sounds like a radio station). yeah, definitely. rhyming is the name of the.. read more
exploring the depths of our own imaginations....that is so true...

i really like this poem...and am always puzzled by those who say they are bored...i know adults like that.

that word has never really been in my vocabulary...i enjoy doing anything at all, or nothing at all...
there are times for each...but if we can keep ourselves entertained within our own minds...
how wonderful is that...granddad is quite wise. as is this poem.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Granddad was a very smart and clever man. You should know better than to tell an adult you're bored though, they usually give you something to do, like rake the leaves, or wash the dishes, I like his idea muchly better, the imagination is limitless, sometimes I wonder if kids these days use theirs at all since they're always being entertained by video games and such...what happened to refrigerator boxes and castles in the air? Great read Betty. ;-)

Posted 10 Years Ago


KWP

10 Years Ago

thanks chickky chick ... glad you liked it ... now off to work i go ... tralalalalalala x
Granddad with wisdom, what else you want more in life...another words of wisdom read in your poetry. Great job my friend

Posted 10 Years Ago


I like this a lot...and I had this very conversation with my own grandfather as a child. If you said you were bored he could come up with a long list of things to do or see. Most relating to the outdoors. Lol...

Posted 10 Years Ago


KWP

10 Years Ago

ahhh grandfathers .. they hold all the wisdoms x x x

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

236 Views
9 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on March 29, 2014
Last Updated on March 29, 2014

Author

KWP
KWP

Sydney, NSW, Australia



About
'The kernel, the soul — let us go further and say the substance, the bulk, the actual and valuable material of all human utterances — is plagiarism. For substantially all ideas are sec.. more..

Writing
Lisa & Kal Lisa & Kal

A Poem by KWP



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..