Lisa & Kal

Lisa & Kal

A Poem by KWP

LISA

Each of us lives our own lives, we have a million turning points, we have things happen which were never in our control, thousands of decisions are made, and with each decision, each thought we may act upon we may not act upon, moments pass, then, without even knowing it, our own lives trajectory change. Within a web of thought we become caught motionless awaiting life to buoy us into our next turn of the page. Then, without even knowing it, we end up nowhere near where we ultimately wished to be. 


KAL

Inhabiting human flesh, walking this earth, living. All of it will be encased with equal measure of good and bad. One day, everyone of us will experience great suffering in some form or another. Better to understand it early on Better to be able to shimmy your way past it when it decides to kick you in the stomach over and over again. Yes, better to understand the darkness. To learn the trick of plucking yourself up from nothingness and wipe the dirt from your knees to finding a new joy, that’s the key. Of course this joy will be momentary, grab it nonetheless. It’s yours to keep. 

© 2023 KWP


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

You seem like the kind of person to have read the gita or at least have heard of it.

Posted 4 Months Ago


One day, everyone of us will experience great suffering in some form or another

It's true as we count our age year after year suffering s are never ending phinomenan in our life. Good work 👍

Posted 6 Months Ago


Lifes not all sunshine and rainbows! We lose we learn, we fall we get back up. Lifes full of defining moments but its how we manage those that help shape who we are. The sad side to life is we're often left wondering what if!

Posted 9 Months Ago


KWP

8 Months Ago

We fall we get back up - very budo of you :) Thanks for the read, your words ring true.
The below lines, all of us must do.
"To learn the trick of plucking yourself up from nothingness and wipe the dirt from your knees to finding a new joy, that’s the key. Of course this joy will be momentary, grab it nonetheless. It’s yours to keep. "
I try to do the above lines. Hard to stay positive my friend. Thank you for sharing your amazing words and thoughts.
Coyote

Posted 12 Months Ago


Two sides of a coin, not quite worthless because thinking about the words means more than initially thought.

Your couple portray and pronounce their own value, their own opinions.Both make sense, both follow a route, both will achieve a goal or will not. Perhaps the sparring over opinions will help because that is a logical if not somewhat infantile way of doing things. What's there to be said and seen has its own intrinsic reason and value, however. Both to be held precious Perhaps?

Posted 1 Year Ago


KWP

1 Year Ago

Hello You :)

Nice to hear from you. the above were both products of a ribbon of cons.. read more
emmajoygreen

10 Months Ago

Come out, come out, wherever you are! Have missed you but, can still read your words and than matter.. read more
Better to understand the darkness https://vampiresurvivors.io

Posted 1 Year Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

259 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 26, 2023
Last Updated on March 26, 2023

Author

KWP
KWP

Sydney, NSW, Australia



About
'The kernel, the soul — let us go further and say the substance, the bulk, the actual and valuable material of all human utterances — is plagiarism. For substantially all ideas are sec.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..