Vagabond likes Peanuts

Vagabond likes Peanuts

A Poem by KWP
"

a mental traipse

"

my mind is 

a vagabond

roaming 

unsettled


a stout refusal

to breathe idle --

instead bounds

onwards


I observe 

I ask 

‘please come 

back to centre


rest a while

calm 

stop the flow

of thought’


the vagabond 

smirks, replies

without pause

of motion


‘you wish for no

thought

no clutter 

no jumping


consider perhaps

once this vagabond 

stops his thought

you, yourself will be dead’


my mind

the vagabond 

wanders off in thought

thinks of peanuts

 where peanuts grow 

what does a peanut tree look like? 

getting hungry 

is this hunger or just the vagabond 

thinks of skydiving

oh to be free falling

he thinks of …..

© 2015 KWP


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
~
i want to keep being a vagrant vagabond - says my mind too :) and free falling is a perfect ending for this poem of nut-hunting :)
xxx

Posted 9 Years Ago


Ooooo, I like this! Reminds me of how my own mind is constantly going, going, going. Awesome job!

Posted 9 Years Ago


The mind never stops thinking does it? Sometimes it gets frightening and i say to mind please stop, but it never does. Loved the part about peanuts, where do peanuts grow?
Great work, could totally relate to it.

Posted 9 Years Ago


I can relate.. my mind runs faster than my fingers and I can just shake my head, smiling, and say, " There, there, dear fellow! You need to breathe and let me too. As much fun you are, my realities are knocking on my back. Time to face them!"

Your vagabond seems a fine partner for you. I cannot help but enjoy this tidbit. I know, now, what you meant by mincing the unnecessary words, redress and keep the flow as it should be- less, more.. changing.

When I read ' peanuts', funny how it reminded me of my skit back in school when I was a kid of 9 or 10.. I don't remember but that's not important.. I played the character where the girl loves peanuts and walking down a road, she finds one lying there and pops it in her mouth ( I know.. I know.. picking peanuts from the road and eating.. what was she thinking except ' oh great! a tiny packet of goodness to explode in my mouth.. geez! By the way, that was some poem or a rhyme). So, after a bit of dancing, she has a tummy ache ( surprise, surprise!) and my cousin enters who played the doc. She lays me down, reprimands me and shows this big syringe where I bolt away from her and saying my tummy was fine and I learned my lesson. I still love peanuts :D ( funny how this reminded me of that and sorry for making you read all that... :/ :)

Hey! I learned a new word and here I use it.

Here I traipse from loon to loon in this godforsaken place of delirium reading, wondering, picturing their scrawls of their pens and fingers, realizing that I'm not alone.

Cheers xx Beth!




Posted 9 Years Ago


As always love reading your poem...thanks for sharing!

Posted 9 Years Ago


If there were no vagabond minds All that is written would be just a bunch of boring words. Stepping outside of the box brings excitement. Valentine

Posted 9 Years Ago


I really like this one!
Well done!

Posted 9 Years Ago


Very nice. I imagine the leisurely pace of the poem matches that of the vagabond.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Strange how we form an immortal bond and give ourselves entirely to some who do confound us because they do not reciprocate but pour hot and cold water over our love. At times they are indifferent, at times they hurt us. A traipse indeed!

Posted 9 Years Ago


:) brings big smile across my face KWP! meditations Nemesis .. the Vagabond .. down boy down i say!! be gone .. whats that?? is that the nothing? is it black? i see black. are those edges? is it suppose to have edges? arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh! away with you ...the Vagabond!
E.

Posted 9 Years Ago


KWP

9 Years Ago

hahaha I laugh because that black scenario plays over in my head all the time - is it black, am i in.. read more
Einstein Noodle

9 Years Ago

making me chuckle again KWP ... the suns not up yet but the morn is already brighter ;)

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

504 Views
16 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 3, 2015
Last Updated on April 4, 2015

Author

KWP
KWP

Sydney, NSW, Australia



About
'The kernel, the soul — let us go further and say the substance, the bulk, the actual and valuable material of all human utterances — is plagiarism. For substantially all ideas are sec.. more..

Writing
Lisa & Kal Lisa & Kal

A Poem by KWP



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..