Why?

Why?

A Chapter by Kayla Marie

I feel as though I am mute, I can no longer talk until spoken to. Whenever I do not give him eye contact when he talks to me he hits me and I fall to the floor and if I don't land on the floor from the first hit, he hits me again. It is tuesday morning, good I get to go to school it is the only place where I am safe. I got out of bed and ran down the hall and peeked into my fathers room. Fewww he is asleep, what a big relief. I went back into my room grabbed my clothes and ran to the bathroom. I got ready putting my good clothes on, ones without rips in them. Then I got into my moms makeup box and grabbed her cover up and put it on all of my bruises so that people wouldn't suspect things and get my dad really angry. I brushed my teeth then walked slowly down the steps, and booked it for the front door. I almost missed the bus, I was so caught up in getting ready before dad wakes up that I didn't hear that the bus was already here. I got onto the bus and road to school. When I got to school I went into my homeroom since I don't have anything to put in my locker. I sat in my assigned seat and waited for the announcements to start. Mr. Deipre, my principal said that it was a day one. Just great, figures I have gym today. After the announcements I went to my skills class and sat in the back of the room by myself. We had to watch some movie about bullying and how it's wrong, our assignment was to write an essay about the movie. Next is of course science. When I walked into the room the teacher asked us all to partner up to create a 3D model of a playground. I waited until there was another person without a partner. Once everyone sat down the only one left was the new kid named Eli, I sorta had a crush on him.He had black hair and lightning blue eyes. He walked over to me and said "hi I guess were going to be partners." I looked at him and smiled and looked back down. "uh..ya..I guess we are." He laughed and we sat down together at the table in the back. Mr. Rogers was going on about the house having to be at least two stories high. He also said that the main idea is to build our dream house with our partner. Eli looked at me and asked me, "So......are we supposed to be married in this project?" with a small smirk. I looked at him and said "I have no clue" and we both started laughing. That was when everyone turned around and was looking at the both of us. Mr Rogers told us that if we do not be quiet that he would send us both to the office. We continued to laugh but not loud enough for anyone to hear us. At the end of the class I was walking out the door and thinking that this is the best day ever Eli actually talked to me and he seemed happy about it!! I walked down stairs to the gym room I didn't have any change up clothes so Mrs. Smith gave me a pair of shorts to wear. I changed in the girls changing room and came back out when she was saying that we are going to play baseball. When we went out side she divided us out in two groups of 8. when it was finally my turn to bat I walked up and picked up the baseball bat. Adam was pitching and threw it to me. The first try I got a strike. My second try I hit it and dropped the bat and started to run. Lauren grabbed the ball after it hit the ground an ran after me I was almost to the third base, but she went to tag me and nocked my into the ground landing into a puddle. I got up and she apologized. People started giving me dirty looks and then I realized that my mothers old coverup that I wear every day was running uncovering all of  my bruises and scars. I ran as fast as I could back into the building and went into the bathroom.  I was crying because I was soaked and covered in mud. It was all through my hair and soaked straight through my pants and shirt. I was so embarrassed, I was hoping no one saw my bruises. The next thing I knew Mrs. Smith was pounding on the door. I said "Go away!." she continued to knock and asked if I was okay. Of course I said that I was because I wanted her to leave. She asked me if I was decent and I replied saying yes. She opened the door and came in. She looked me over and sat down on the floor next to me. She sighed and said, "You know many people go through a lot of issues at home." I looked at her with my blood shot eyes and said "So whats your point?" "Well I had noticed all of the bruises on you that you seem to have been hiding from everyone, and I was wondering if there was anything you would like to tell me." ...."N..no I am not hiding anything nor do I have something to say..." She went on about her life as a child being bullied and stuff. She was continuously talking about bullies. I spoke up and at this time I was pretty mad because she wouldn't leave me alone. I said "Bullies aren't my problem, it's my dad!" I knew I said to much by the shocking look on her face. I looked back down at the floor holding my knees close to my face. When I peeked back up at her face she was still staring at me with a shocked look on her face. "D..Does your father.....abuse you..?" I didn't want to say anything, but the tears came pouring out harder than before. I jumped up and ran for the door. Mrs. Smith stopped me by grabbing my hand and pulling me into a big bear hug. At the moment I felt like I meant something, like someone actually cared about my existence in this world. I hugged her back. When she pulled away there were tears in her eyes, she got up and asked me to come with her. She walked me into the nurses room and shut the door. Mrs. Lancaster the nurse, looked at me and her jaw dropped. She said "Oh, my god what happened?" Mrs. Smith started talking to her about how I said it was my dad. I looked at her and said, "Please don't call my dad or tell anyone, he will kill me." They saw the sad look in my eyes and then assured me that they wont tell anyone today. I sighed in relief. Mrs Lancaster said "Well lets get you changed up into some warm dry clothes and you are excused for the rest of gym." I thanked her and she went into another room and came back with a baggy T-Shirt and some sweat pants. She also gave me a free pair of sneakers and socks. I was happy to be able to trust them with my secrete and feel so safe with them. When I got changed up Mrs. Lancaster told me "Amy, I think that you shouldn't use makeup on all of those scars, especially on open wounds it can cause infections and make things worse." I told her I wouldn't use anymore. The socks were not big enough, So Mrs. Smith grabbed a small bag from under the sink of some footy socks. She asked Mrs. Lancaster if I could have a pair of them instead. She said I could. They watched me as I took my old nasty ripped up socks off. Then they saw a huge burn mark on my foot from when my father put a few of his cigarettes out on me. I put the shoes on and began tying them. Mrs. Lancaster looked at me and said, "W....What happened to your foot? I looked away from her face and then she started questioning if it was my father. I started crying again, and at that point they knew It was him. They hugged me and told me that everything will be alright. When I got home I opened the door slowly and made my way in. I tried to shut it so he wouldn't hear it and then I could run to my room. But my dad already knew I was home. "AMY... GET YOUR FAT A*S IN HERE!" I ran into the kitchen where I could see him with a beer bottle in his hand. I could tell by the way he talked he was drunk. "Yes..dad?" He looked at me with a sharp streak of anger in his eyes. "I got a call from the school nurse today."


© 2012 Kayla Marie


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

long but excellent...:D

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

135 Views
1 Review
Added on November 1, 2012
Last Updated on November 13, 2012


Author

Kayla Marie
Kayla Marie

Canaan, ME



About
I was born june 9th 1999, Playing guitar and drawing is my life more..

Writing
Love <3 Love <3

A Poem by Kayla Marie