Chapter 16 Best left unsaid…

Chapter 16 Best left unsaid…

A Chapter by Dreamer

Chapter 16

 

 

Best left unsaid…

 

Selene yawned hugely as she sat up in her bed. She scratched her head and blinked in the gloom as she looked around their room. Meria and Aerica still slept peacefully and so Selene tried to be as quiet as possible as she got dressed and walked out into the corridor. Her white blouse and brown pants needed washing so she had put on a pair of black pants and a light blue blouse. She still wore her riding boots.

She didn’t really know where she was going so she just walked towards where they had stabled their horses for lack of a direction.

She was greeted by soft neighs and snorts for attention as she passed each horse to get to Starfire. Starfire greeted her friendly as Selene patted her nose.

“Hey girl, how’re you doing?” Selene asked her as she stepped into the stall to groom her.

Starfire neighed and snorted in response, as if she were actually replying. Selene smiled at the thought. She brushed her and hummed tunelessly to herself as she worked.

“What tune is that?”

Selene gasped in surprise; she turned and simultaneously gathered energy into her hand for a light spear. When she saw who it was she let the energy disperse breathing a sigh of relief.

“Lucius don’t sneak up on me like that.”

Lucius chuckled as he leaned against the stall door, “I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to be so sneaky.”

Selene laughed with him, “It’s fine. Just didn’t expect anyone else to be awake yet. What time is it anyways?”

“Near dawn. I know, it’s hard to tell time underground.” Lucius said with a smile. Selene smiled back as she continued to brush. Lucius watched her in silence, not being able to think of anything to say. He wanted desperately to tell her the truth; that he loved her, but he wasn’t willing to get in the way of her happiness, even if it meant sacrificing his own.

“So what are you doing up?” Selene asked him over her shoulder.

“Couldn’t sleep.” Lucius replied, which was half-way true. Zara’s warning had kept him tossing and turning. He had planned to go to the Water Temple to check out what was freaking Zara out.

“What’s wrong?” Selene asked him hearing the sorrow in his voice. He hadn’t meant to let that slip out.

Lucius smiled a half smile, “Nothing, just couldn’t sleep, too excited about being home I guess.”

Selene narrowed her eyes, knowing there was more, but she let it drop. She finished brushing Starfire and patted her gently and walked out of the stall shutting the door behind her. Starfire neighed goodbye as Selene and Lucius walked down the aisle to the entrance.

“Lucius, I need your advice on something.” Selene said softly as they stopped outside the entrance. Lucius nodded he motioned for her to join him in a walk down the corridor in the opposite direction of the sleeping quarters. She gave him a small smile as she started walking. He fell into step beside her and waited patiently for her to gather her thoughts.

When she didn’t say anything for awhile he spoke up, “What is it about?”

“Politics.” Selene said the word like it was distasteful in her mouth. Lucius laughed quietly.

“What about it?” He urged her on.

“In the sense of marriage.”

“Oh. You’re wondering what you should do about this new found….development…between yourself and Dahrin?” Lucius asked, trying as hard as he could to sound neutral. He so wanted desperately to tell her that she should break it off, but the only reason he had was because he wanted her.

“Yes, I thought I should write my parents and ask their opinion, since it would be beneficial politically if Dahrin and I were to get married. But, Dahrin is Ganondorf’s son. I don’t know what my father’s reaction would be to know that his only daughter fell for the son of his greatest enemy.” Selene said, she kicked at a rock and sent it scattering down the corridor.

Lucius nodded in understanding, these things happened in politics, even though they weren’t always welcomed. Lucius sighed, “The only advice I can give you, unfortunately, is probably the answer you don’t want to hear.”

Selene looked at him in confusion, “I wouldn’t have asked if I didn’t need an answer.”

Lucius chuckled, “True, I would suggest you write your father, it would be a good alliance between Hyrule kingdom and the Gerudo nation. I would mention that fact to him.”

Selene nodded as he continued, “But don’t be smug about it, gently remind him of that fact. I know it’s hard to put emotions into a letter but one does what one can.”

“And while I’m waiting for a reply?” Selene asked him.

“I can’t tell you not to fall deeper in love, cause none of us can help who we fall in love with. But…” Lucius sighed, how easy it would be to destroy any chance of Dahrin and Selene’s love blooming, but he couldn’t do that.

“Yes?” Selene asked.

“Follow your heart, but be cautious and use your head.” Lucius finished off. Selene chuckled as they continued on and finally into the market cavern. Shopkeepers were opening their stalls getting ready for another day of commerce.

“What’s on our agenda for today?” Selene asked him as they strolled along the aisles looking at the different wares. Lucius picked up an oddly shaped fruit Selene supposed it was. He paid the merchant and then deftly peeled it open. He handed Selene half of the fruit and showed her what parts to eat. Selene bit into the fruit and found it surprisingly sweet and juicy.

“Oh wow.” Selene said around a mouthful some juice ran down her chin and she tried to wipe it off with her sleeve. Lucius chuckled as he ate his own fruit.

“What is it called?” Selene asked taking another bite.

“Quashta. It’s a fruit that grows under water in Hyrule Lake.”  Lucius said, avoiding the question about their proposed agenda. Selene didn’t notice and had forgotten she had asked as they continued on through the market.

The two of them ran into G-Link and Calhan sometime later and the four of them decided to go get the others up and plan out their day. Selene entered the girls’ room to wake up Meria and Aerica while the other three went to get the rest of the guys.

Selene gently shook Aerica awake and then did the same to Meria. Both of them sat up and stretched then got dressed. Aerica moved the covers and accidently rolled Meko out of the bed. He gave a squeak as he fell then opened his wings just before he hit the floor.

“Oh, sorry Meko.” Aerica apologized as Meko flew to her eye level and glared at her. He shook his head as he waited for her to finish dressing then took his customary place on her shoulder. Meria chuckled as she put on her pants and shirt then her boots. She tied her auburn hair back out of her face and the three of them walked out into the corridor.

The guys met them in the corridor and together they followed Lucius to the throne room to meet Ruto and Vespa. As they followed Lucius the group looked around taking in the sights of the Merchant Cavern. Selene pointed out the Quashta to the rest of them and explained how it tasted. The others were fascinated with everything that they passed by. It was more toward mid-morning so the market was full of the different races buying and selling.

They finally made it to the edge of the market where a fairly large tunnel went deeper into Zora’s Domain. Lucius led the way down the tunnel nodding at the guards there who saluted him. The group came to the throne room doors and stood there patiently while Lucius knocked. The doors opened soon afterwards and the group followed him in.

There sitting on two identical coral thrones were Ruto and Vespa, Queen and King of Zora’s Domain. Saying the pair looked stunning was putting it mildly. The two of them commanded such authority with just their presence that some of the group couldn’t help but feel like a small bug.

“Father, Mother.” Lucius greeted them with a bow. The two bowed their heads back in return acknowledging his presence.

“May I present, Selene and Gerad of Hyrule Kingdom, son and daughter of Zelda and Link.” As he said this Selene and Gerad stepped forward and bowed to them. They nodded back.

“Sheik of the Sheikhas, son of Impa.”

“Link of the Gorons, son of Darunia.”

“Aerica of the Kokiri, daughter of Saria and Milo.”

“Meria of the Lon Lon family, daughter of Malon and Geoffrey.”

“Dahrin of the Gerudo Nation, son of Nabooru.”

“And Calhan, the Lore Sage. Grandson of Rauru.” Lucius finished the introductions as each one bowed after their name was said. Ruto and Vespa nodded their heads to each in return.

Once the formalities were finished Ruto stood up from her throne, her long cloak fell from her shoulders to the floor like the river waterfall in brilliant shades of blue. She descended the stairs to her son and hugged him tight.

“It’s so wonderful to have you back home, my son.” She said finally letting him go. He smiled at her as she stepped back.

“We have so much to show you of our world, please accept these gifts.” Ruto said motioning for a servant to step forward. The servant came as beckoned carrying a bunch of folded pieces of cloth. The servant handed one each to them and then bowed to Ruto as he stepped back.

Gerad unfolded it to reveal a Zora’s Tunic.

“Oh so this is what you were talking about yesterday?” Sheik asked as he slipped the tunic over his head. It was big on him to start with then Sheik gave a startled yelp as it shrunk to fit his smaller frame.

“Fascinating.” Calhan whispered as he put his on. Selene chuckled at his reaction as she donned hers. The others got their tunics on and stood there waiting for whatever was next.

G-Link had trouble with his but eventually got the thing on. Now he looked like a blue box turtle. Lucius chuckled at his closest friend who gave him a glare.

“Our son is going to take you on a tour of Zora’s Domain and then show you all what we do around here.” Ruto said with a big grin on her face. Vespa chuckled as he shook his head at something that had crossed his mind. Ruto nudged him in the side. The group was clueless as to what was going on between them, except for Lucius who was trying to keep a straight face.

“Follow me. I’ll give you the “Grand” tour.” Lucius said, at the word grand his father lost it and had to excuse him-self. Ruto chuckled as her husband left the throne room out a side entrance.

“Have fun kids.” Ruto called after them as they left following behind Lucius.

“What was that about?” Sheik asked Lucius when they were out of the throne room.

Lucius shook his head, “Inside joke of the family, has to do with a previous ruler, an esteemed guest, and an embarrassing amount of alcohol.”

 

Lucius showed them the market and bought them all Quashta to eat except for G-Link whom he bought some rocks from a Goron merchant. Then he showed them the healing ward and introduced them to the head healer, Kelith. She was a very pretty Zora, her eyes were a deep purple instead of the normal blue shades Zoras tended to have. She had a very soft voice but there was also strength behind it. She was also very pregnant.

“When is the baby due?” Selene asked as Kelith laid Selene’s hand against her stomach to feel the baby kick. Selene smiled in awe as she felt him kick.

“Oh, he isn’t due for another few months, his father is so proud, that’s all he ever talks about is our son.”  Kelith said rubbing her tummy were the baby had kicked.

“Who’s the father?” Aerica asked.

“Ferloth.” Lucius answered smiling as he touched Kelith’s stomach. His finger tips glowed slightly as did his eyes. He removed his hand and looked at Kelith.

“He is progressing very well. He has a strong heartbeat.” He said. Then he motioned for the others to file out to continue the tour. Kelith waved goodbye to them as they filed out and then turned to an aid who was trying to dress a burn.

“Ferloth was the guard at the entrance correct?” Sheik asked Lucius as they headed down the corridor again.

Lucius nodded as he answered, “Yes, he is a very good friend of mine, we grew up together. The Zora people are all relatively close to each other. Not so much anymore but back a few decades ago when we lived in relative isolation we were all each other had.”

“Hey Lucius, how did Kelith know the baby’s gender?” Meria asked.

“Well, as you may have figured out, we as a race have pretty powerful magic, it mostly centers on healing. I believe also that I have an acute rate of power due to being the Water sage if I’m not mistaken, Calhan?” Lucius answered, turning to Calhan.

Calhan thought about it for a second, digging back into the sage memories.

“Yes I believe that is correct. I figured you already knew your powers, hence the reason I didn’t push you to practice, but I do have some attacks I’m not positive you know.” Calhan replied. Lucius nodded as they continued down the corridor.

“Where are we going now?” Gerad asked as he fed some Quashta to Meko who was sitting on his shoulder.

“The workshop cavern. Zora’s Domain is basically a bunch of tunnels and caverns, all under Lake Hylia.” Lucius said; they could hear the sounds of hammers and other tools in use as they neared a bend in the corridor.

They rounded the bend and came to an archway. Through the archway they could see all kinds of activities going on. Zoras were carving wood, stone, and what looked like ice. Some were assembling pieces together into odd crafts and ordinary ones as well.

Lucius led them through the archway into the cavern, it was humongous.

“How far under Lake Hylia are we?” Gerad asked him.

“A few miles.” Lucius answered as he led the way past some wood carvers. The carvers looked up and smiled at the group as they passed. Most of the Zoras smiled as the group past, some just gave them curious glances while others completely ignored them.

Lucius stopped by the work space of an ice sculptor. The sculptor ignored them as he carved till Lucius cleared his throat to get the sculptor’s attention.

“Yes?” He asked as he turned away from the block of ice. He had a very soft high voice they thought till he turned around and they discovered he was a she. As she stepped further away from the ice, scales on her body that made her bulkier began to slide back into her skin, till she looked like a normal female Zora.

“Why did scales…?” Sheik started to ask.

Lucius chuckled, “We are able to retract and put out extra scales to keep warm, also they act as clothes, hence to reason you don’t see many Zoras wearing pants.”

The female Zora chuckled along with him as some of the group blushed, “Lucius, don’t tease them so.”

“How’re you today, Lady Sasha?” Lucius asked her. He took her hand and kissed it softly.

Sasha smiled as she nodded her head in greeting, “I’m doing well. The ice is being tricky today, I’m not sure if the sculpture will be finished in time.”

Lucius nodded his head in understanding, “Anything I can help with?”

Sasha smiled in amusement, “No, that won’t be necessary.”

“Honestly, you ruin one ice sculpture and you’re branded for life.” Lucius said rolling his eyes as Sasha started to laugh; she had a very pretty laugh.

“You seem to be busy escorting, who are the lucky victims?” Sasha asked turning to the group. Lucius chuckled as some of them exchanged nervous glances.

“These are the delegates from the other nations. Gerad and Selene, and their honor guard Calhan. Sheik of the Sheikhas. Meria from Lon Lon Ranch. Aerica of the Kokiri. Link of the Gorons, and Dahrin of the Gerudo Nation.”

Sasha shook each of their hands as their name was said, smiling the entire time.

“It is a pleasure to meet you all. Lucius has talked so much of you.”

“You are a friend of Lucius’s?” Meria asked.

Sasha laughed, “Yes, we’ve known each other for all our lives.”

“Wow, sorry Lucius has never mentioned you.” Sheik blurted out. Gerad slapped him upside the head for his rudeness, Sasha just giggled.

“Yes, Lucius is a very closed person.”

“Well we should probably let you get back to your work.” Lucius said as he shooed the others in front of him.

“What is the sculpture going to be?” Selene asked.

“I’m not sure yet.” Sasha replied rubbing her cheek in thought.

“Well, what’s it for?” Gerad asked her.

“Our wedding.” Lucius answered.



© 2014 Dreamer


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

215 Views
Added on October 4, 2014
Last Updated on October 4, 2014

Descendants 2nd Generation


Author

Dreamer
Dreamer

LA



About
I'm just a simple country girl who likes to write the (what I find cool) stories I daydream up in my head. I also have a deviantart account at http://khiramae.deviantart.com/ don't have a whole lot .. more..

Writing
Prolog Prolog

A Chapter by Dreamer


Death Death

A Book by Dreamer


Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Dreamer