Chapter One: Why?

Chapter One: Why?

A Chapter by Ki-chan
"

No spoilers~

"
A young girl, around the age of fifteen, stands in the moonlight. She sighs softly, and turns back to the younger child on the ground. She took his hand and helped him up. "Come, we must go now, Yuki," Was a soft murmur that escaped her pale lips. Yuki stared up at her with his magnificent violet eyes, eyes that could peer straight into your soul. The girl recoiled at his sharp gaze.

The boy got up from the soft grass and took in his surroundings. Where was he again? He felt the place was familiar. The giant mansion behind them, the iron-locked gates far from their reach, the fountain --hand-carved and simply delightful-- standing in the middle of the spacious yard. The most haunting was the tree that was bare. It had long, thick branches that seemed to be reaching out to you; seemed to be calling you. He shuddered.

Yuki remembered. He had taken a nap outside while his older sister, Yuma, had been reading her book. Honestly, it always seemed as if her nose was dug in a book. She was an anti-social freak, as far as Yuki was concerned. He took in her appearance. Her long, silver hair was tied up in a high tail with a black laced ribbon. As always. Yuki rolled his eyes. Yuma's icy blue eyes were intensified by her glasses. She only wore dresses, so it was natural that she would have one on now. This one was a black summer dress with an intricate design of flowers sneaking their way up in white.

The twelve year old looked down at his own clothes. Dirtied gray shorts and a off-white T-shirt. Yuma wrinkled her nose in protest to his unruly image. He smirked in return. They headed towards the over-sized abode they called 'home.' Yuki's black hair fell into his eyes. Time for a haircut.

Inside, the two siblings' parents were waiting for them in a nicely furnished living room. Their mother, Elizabeth, had the violet eyes and silver hair. She was a beautiful woman, thin, but not skinny, and she had a senseful taste in fashion as well, knowing that she is a top fashion designer. Their father, Kyo, had black hair and electric blue eyes. He was a tall, lean man, an image consultant for a company that their neighbors ran. They welcomed their two children.

"I need to go on a business trip to London, I have a wealthy client that is in need for more... Designs. I will be leaving in the morning, and I will be sending you two to a private school away from here. The reason being is that your father can simply not take care of you two and manage his job at the same time I am away," Mrs. Raine said. Yuki's eyes hardened and he glared daggers at the honey-colored carpet. Why? Why did mother have to send them away? Couldn't she deny?

Yuma's soft voice piped up. "Yes, mother. We understand. Yuki and I will be prepared to leave by dawn." Mr. and Mrs. Raine looked satisfied. They quickly went back to their usual chatter, things that the children had no idea about. Yuma grabbed Yuki's hand and pulled him up the stairs. They packed their bags without exchanging a single word; not a single glance.

Yuki flopped into his bed. He didn't bother to get changed, didn't even bother to brush his hair. He curled up, fetal position on his king-sized bed and thought. It wasn't fair. His and Yuma's parents always seemed to be pushing them, further and further away. Yuki let himself fall over. His head was spinning. He didn't even know what the school was called. How could they possibly do this to him and his sister?

That was the last thought he had before he closed his eyes and fell into a deep sleep.


© 2013 Ki-chan


Author's Note

Ki-chan
Please help correct any mistakes you may find. Thanks.

~Ki-chan

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

There is too much appearance description of everyone all at once. This story is a good set for a school manga or anime, but that also makes it a good book.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Ki-chan

11 Years Ago

Thank you very much for reviewing, I really appreciate it! I will take your advice and do a little l.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

125 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on April 19, 2013
Last Updated on April 19, 2013


Author

Ki-chan
Ki-chan

Toms River, NJ



About
I am Kiku, well at least, that is my pen name. Call me Ki-chan. I am fourteen years of age. I've had a tough life so far, and because of my social anxiety disorder, I am learning how to cope with othe.. more..

Writing
Foolish Foolish

A Poem by Ki-chan