My Dear Eric

My Dear Eric

A Chapter by Kia
"

A young woman holds an affair with a dying man.

"

My Dear Eric

 

 

            I was entering the living room when the phone rang; my husband unaware of this and my presence as a whole as he lay asleep on the couch. The voice on the phone was a familiar one. Not the kind of familiar voice of someone you’ve currently met or even that of a best friend, but it was the kind of a familiar voice that sent a tingle through your veins and an ache in your bones. The kind of a familiar voice that made your heart feel as if it had were bleeding yet it gave you a sensation that would cause your soul to sing and make you beg to have that single moment of your life last for an eternity.  As the angelic voice whispered to me on the phone, I knew I had know right replying, especially as my husband lye next asleep on the couch, but there was no denying the power whom the voice belonged to had over me. Although I told myself I had no love for him, or at least not in that sense, I wasn’t strong enough to hang up the phone.

“Hello,” I said, praying that he would inform me of good news and not the same adverse information I’d been receiving from him lately. “Eric, are you there? Is everything alright?” I knew it would take him a while to reply. He had been severally ill with a disease that made him the lovable, amazing man I’d become best friends with, but it was also killing him; his heart was too big. By miracle, he had survived to become twenty years old, but doctors told him he probably wouldn’t live past that.

With a silent voice, he replied, “Yeah…er, what are you doing right now?”

“I’m over here with my husband…well, he’s asleep but…”

“Do you think you can stop by?”

I contemplated this question asking myself if I really wanted to leave without my husband’s consent. I had an affair before with Eric, although I swore to myself that I didn’t love him in that way. And I knew that there was a chance that I could be unfaithful again, but being around Eric was too irresistible and his presence had  a way of easing my oppressions. I scratched my head still hesitating, but hearing him breath on the phone seemed to be persuading me.

“Alright,” I replied. “I’ll be right over, just give me a second.” And with that being said, I grabbed my keys and left the house.



© 2011 Kia


Author's Note

Kia
This is only the first chapter. I will upload the next chapter another time if there is enough viewers and reviews.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I chuckled little bit at the beginning(The kind of a familiar voice that made your heart feel as if it had were bleeding yet it gave you a sensation that would cause your soul to sing and make you beg to have that single moment of your life last for an eternity.) but then it started to get me interested. I got a little curious about Eric at the end.

Expect the poemish part at the begin i think it was interesting enough and i would like to see more.


Posted 11 Years Ago


I like your descriptive tone, how the reader can sense the anticipation of the voice on the other end of the line and the importance of this person to the main character.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

421 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 15, 2011
Last Updated on February 15, 2011
Tags: love, sad, romance, affairs, death


Author

Kia
Kia

About
I've been writing poems for a very long time, most of my life, but anything that I write or have ever written has come purely from my heart. I've never written a poem just for the sake of writing a po.. more..

Writing
Scarlet Scarlet

A Poem by Kia


The Ugly Maiden The Ugly Maiden

A Story by Kia


He Is Beautiful He Is Beautiful

A Poem by Kia