The Deku Tree

The Deku Tree

A Chapter by Kire
"

Chapter 3

"

 

          The boar monsters reported to the man the morning following Taria and Link’s fall from the cliff. Mayu and Ardic could not believe that their friends were now dead.
“So we lost two, no matter, these two shall suffice.” The man said uncaringly, “Let’s get going, we have a country to conquer.”
          The monsters threw Ardic and Mayu in the back of a caged wagon which they hitched up to demonic looking horses.
“Ardic... I can’t believe they’re dead...” Mayu whispered watching as their still smouldering village became smaller and smaller as they got further and further away.
“Then don’t believe that!” Ardic whispered back, “They could have been saved by the river and not hit a rock or anything!”
          Mayu looked at Ardic and hung her head. He patted her shoulder since he did not know what to do.
“Don’t believe what those things said.” Ardic whispered, “They never found their bodies so they have no actual proof that they’re dead.”
          Mayu quickly looked up at Ardic, a smile on her face.
“That’s right!” she said happily, “No proof!”
“Be quiet back there!” yelled one of the monsters.
“I hope they’re okay.” Mayu whispered.
“If we believe I’m sure they will be.” Ardic whispered with a smile.
***
          Little footsteps and squeaky wheels were heard along with the sound of the rushing river. Link opened his eyes and sat up. He was on a small wooden wagon which was being pulled by a miniature horse. He looked around; he was still in the forest. He looked at the wagon driver who seemed to be a kid like them.
“You’re awake.” Came a small voice from behind the wagon.
Link looked back. There were three other small people on miniature horses following behind the wagon. All garbed in green.
“Who are you?” Link asked.
“We are the Kokiri.” Said a girl, “We found you by the river so we brought you with us.”
Link looked around for Taria, “Where’s Taria?”
“Who?” asked another girl.
“Was there a girl with me?” Link asked.
“A girl?” the Kokiri asked looking at each other.
“Was there or not?” Link asked.
“Sorry, there wasn’t.” Said the wagon driver.
Link’s eyes widened, “Y-You’re kidding!”
“Sorry, we’re not.” Said the boy Kokiri.
          They continued to travel through the forest. As the sound of the river got further away the trees began to get thicker and thicker.
“Where are we?” Link asked finally.
“In the Lost Woods.” Answered the wagon driver.
“Lost Woods?” Link said, “It’s not a myth?”
“Nope, the Lost Woods are quite real.” The driver said as they entered a sort of tunnel.
“Welcome, to the Kokiri Forest.” Said the driver as they exited the tunnel into a larger area.
          There were trees which looked like small houses, and little people dressed in green walking around and talking to one another. Beside every person was a fairy which seemed to dance around their heads. As the wagon drove past they looked at Link with curiosity.
“No one has seen a Hylian in many years.” The driver said before Link could ask.
“Why is that?” Link asked.
“Because of the Lost Woods.” Said one of the girl Kokiri, “They all thought they’d be cursed if they entered.”
 “Oh.” Link said then looked around, “Where are we going?”
“To see the Great Deku Tree.” The other girl Kokiri.
***
          Taria’s feeling slowly came back to her, enough to tell her she was being dragged carefully across the ground. Whoever was dragging her gently put her down.
“She’s not moving.” Said a small voice to her right.
“Is she dead?” said another to her left.
“No, she’s just unconscious.” Said the first voice.
“It’s a Hylian girl.” Said the second voice as sunlight fell upon Taria’s face.
“A Hylian?” said a larger voice, “Quickly bring her here!”
          Small hands grabbed onto her arms and quickly drug her fully into the sunlight. Taria slowly opened her eyes as the bright light hit her eyelids. She squinted at the light then looked to see who was dragging her. Two people who appeared to be children, one girl and one boy, dressed in green shirts and pants. Two fairies flew above their heads but then flew off.
          The two who were dragging her gently put her down beside a giant tree. Taria then quickly sat up, startling the two children.
“Sh-She’s up!” Said the girl.
“Where am I?” Taria asked looking around.
“You’re in the Kokiri Forest.” Said the boy, “You just washed up in the pond in the Deku Tree’s meadow a few moments ago.”
“The Deku Tree’s meadow?” Taria asked, looking confused.
“Yes, my meadow.” Said a large voice.
          Taria looked up at the tree. It had a face and was talking to her. Taria slapped herself a few times then looked up at the tree again.
“I am real, young Hylian.” Said the tree, “I am the Great Deku Tree.”
“Great... Deku... Tree?” Taria asked, “As in, the protector of the forest?”
“That is correct.” The Deku tree said, “Now, tell me, how did you end up in the river?”
Taria hung her head, “Our village was attacked...”
          Taria went on to tell the Deku Tree about her village’s turning of age ritual and how she had gotten lost. She told him about her friend finding her and them returning to find their village up in flames and how her other friends were kidnapped by an evil looking man in black armour.
“We were chased through the forest after escaping and ended up falling from the cliff after we were cornered.” She said, then looked worried, “Where is my friend?!”
“Do not worry young one, your friend is being brought here.” The Deku Tree said.
“So he’s okay?!” Taria asked with a large smile.
“He is just fine.” Came a new voice.
          Taria looked behind her to see a wagon that had just arrived. Suddenly Link jumped out of the back and ran over.
“You’re okay!” Link said happily, “When the Kokiri that saved me said they never found you I thought you had died!”
“I washed up in the Great Deku Tree’s pond.” Taria said.
“Now that you two have been reunited there is much I must tell you.” The Deku tree said, “You are both in grave danger.”
“Why us?!” Taria and Link asked in unison.
“Because you have been blessed by the goddesses of Hyrule.” The Deku tree answered.
“Doesn’t seem that way to me.” Taria said.
“You have been blessed. That is the reason your village was attacked.” The deku tree said, “That man who took your friends was called Ganon. He was once sealed in a place called the Evil Realm but two months ago he broke free of the Realm and returned here.”
“But why would he attack us?” Link asked.
“He believes that since you were blessed by the goddesses that you would be able to revive the legendary Triforce.” The Deku Tree answered, “There were four blessed ones, and I believe that your two friends whom he took were also blessed ones.”
“What will he do to them?!” Taria panicked.
“Nothing, until you are all together and the Triforce is revived.” The Deku Tree said, “Once he has his hands on the Triforce he will kill you.”
 “So once we are all together and this ‘Triforce’ is revived... he’ll kill us?” Link asked.
“Correct.” The Deku Tree said.
“What if we don’t revive it?” Taria asked.
“It is already written that you will revive the Triforce; there is no way around it.” The Deku Tree said.
“Then what do we do to stop him killing us and taking the Triforce?” asked Link.
“You must find Hyrule’s princess, she will tell you what needs to be done.” The Deku tree said, “Go to the castle. Find her, and tell her what has happened.”
“Okay.” They said.
“It’s across Hyrule field right?” Taria asked.
“Correct.” The Deku Tree answered, “The Kokiri will point you in the right direction once you are out of the forest. Be safe.”
          They turned to the Kokiri who smiled and lead them to the wagon. Once they were on the wagon the driver gave a small “Hya!” and the miniature horse started its trot out of the Deku Tree’s meadow. They rode through the Kokiri village and entered a large tunnel. They exited the tunnel onto a wooden bridge overlooking a large depression in the ground. The bridge was quite short and they reached another tunnel quickly after.
“We’re almost there.” Said the driver Kokiri as they exited the tunnel and were bathed in sunlight.
          They traveled for a short distance then stopped at the end of the forest. Taria and Link got out and waved good bye to the Kokiri and started out across Hyrule Field.


© 2008 Kire


Author's Note

Kire
?

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

141 Views
Added on August 10, 2008


Author

Kire
Kire

Prince Albert, Canada



About
I love making AMVs. I throw them on Youtube alot or Veoh depending. more..

Writing
Turning of Age Turning of Age

A Chapter by Kire