Death Mountain

Death Mountain

A Chapter by Kire
"

Chapter 6

"

 

          Hyrule field seemed darker then it had been before. The sun was half blocked out by clouds that never seemed to move and no one was traveling besides them.
“I think Rauru wasn’t lying when he said we were forced into the future.” Taria said, “I remember it being livelier out here before.”
“Yeah.” Link said looking northwards towards Death Mountain.
“Is that where we’re going?” Taria asked.
“Yes it is.” Link said.
“Well what are we waiting for?! Let’s go!” Taria said excitedly as she ran off towards the mountain.
***
“So, they have awakened.” Ganon said smirking.
“Yes Sir!” said a boar monster, “We saw them exiting the Temple of Light!”
“So that petty old sage kept them hidden from me, just like he did the Hero of Time two hundred years ago.” Ganon laughed, “This shall be entertaining      !”
          From the shadows emerged two people clothed in black tunics. One, a girl, had a bow and quiver of arrows slung over her shoulder while the other, a boy, had a great sword in a sheath on his back.
“Are our friends here yet?” asked the girl.
“They are not your friends; they are enemies that must be killed.” Ganon said, “Go, and annihilate them!”
“Yes sir.” said the girl and she vanished.
***
          Taria and Link had climbed most of the way up the mountain when, during a rock slide, Taria fell and hurt her leg on a falling rock. Link picked her up and piggy-backed her up the mountain.
“I’m sorry.” Taria said, “I should have seen it coming.”
“It’s okay.” Link said, “I don’t think even I could have seen that rock coming.”
“Hey look!” Taria said suddenly, pointing at a cave opening lined with small flags bearing the same symbol, “It that the Goron village?”
“It might be.” Link said, walking into the cave opening.
          It was dark for a few moments then bright light hit them. Torches were lit and sun shone in through a few smartly cut holes in top of the cave. Large beings which looked like rocks were walking around and chatting, some rolling around, and some sat around watching others pass by.
“Excuse me.” Link said to one which was close by, “Is this the Goron village?”
“Why, yes it is.” said the Goron, “Have you never seen a Goron before?”
“No we haven’t.” Taria said resting her chin on Link’s head, “We lived by the Kokiri forest and never traveled here before.”
“Oh I see, forest folk, well let me show you two around.” The Goron smiled and led the way down a flight of stairs.
          The Goron village was one big open area with many stairways and levels. There were small cave houses where the Gorons lived and even a store which sold bombs and other things they made.
“So what brought you two here exactly?” the Goron asked after they were done their little tour.
“Do you know where the Rings of the Goddesses are?” Taria asked.
          The room went silent, and the Gorons began whispering to each other. Then from another room came a larger Goron with a few scars on his body.
“Who wants to know about the Rings of the Goddesses?” he asked.
“I’m sorry if I said something wrong, but we were sent to find the Ring you Gorons had.” Taria said.
“Sent by who?” the Goron asked.
“Rauru the Sage.” Taria answered.
“Rauru?” the Goron said then looked around, “Quickly in here you two.”
          The Goron ushered them into his cave home and got them sitting in chairs of rock.
“Rauru sent you two to find the rings?” the Goron asked, making sure no one was eavesdropping.
“Yes, that is right.” Link said with a nod.
“Well, I guess I could lead you to the Rings resting place...but.” the Goron paused, “You must prove that you were sent by Rauru.”
“Is that proof?” Taria asked, pointing to the Master sword on Link’s back.
“No.” The Goron said, “Anyone could forge a replica.”
“What about your sword Taria?” Link suggested.
          Taria reached back and grabbed onto the handle of her sword. She unsheathed it and showed it to the Goron.
“That’s...” He started.
“The sword of the Goddesses.” Taria finished.
“You two really were sent by old Rauru... alright I’ll lead you to the Rings resting place.” The Goron said, and then looked at Taria, “He was carrying you, are you injured?”
“A rock fell on her leg.” Link said.
“I see, well we have to heal that up first then. Stay here.” The Goron said then walked out the entrance.
          Not too long later the Goron came back with a bottle full of what appeared to be red liquid.
“Here drink this.” The Goron said, “It will almost entirely heal that leg of yours up by morning.
“Thank you...umm... What is your name?” Taria asked.
“Daruniaz.” He answered, “Now drink up, we’re heading out in the morning so be ready.”


© 2008 Kire


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

The whole plot is pretty good. The only problem seems to be speed of the story. You seem to be going into scenes a bit too fast. Some of the characters need to be fleshed out, too, to make them more interesting, and the story could stand a bit more detail.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

194 Views
1 Review
Added on August 28, 2008


Author

Kire
Kire

Prince Albert, Canada



About
I love making AMVs. I throw them on Youtube alot or Veoh depending. more..

Writing
Turning of Age Turning of Age

A Chapter by Kire