Awake Again

Awake Again

A Chapter by Kire
"

Chapter 5 (kinda short-ish)

"

 

                Weightlessness and silence were all there was. No sound, no light, no feeling. It lasted only a few moments then light poured in. Bright white light. Link and Taria opened their eyes. Rauru stood there a smile across his elderly face.
“So you’ve finally awakened.” He said almost in a relieved tone.
“Wha?” Taria asked, her voice sounding distant to her.
“Seven years ago I locked your two souls away in this room so that when you were old enough you could wield the power that could lock away the evil one.” Rauru said.
“We slept... for seven years?” Link asked confused.
“That is right.” Rauru answered, “Look at yourselves.”
          Taria looked down at herself, her clothing had changed slightly. Her tunic was a little shorter and had little designs on the bottom. Her shorts were now pants and her boots remained the same, her hair was also much longer then it had been before.
          Link also looked himself over. His tunic had designs on it also and undershirt and pants were a chestnut brown and he had what appeared to be gauntlets on his hands.
“How much time passed?” Taria asked, her face turning red slightly after she found what else had grown.
“Seven years.” Rauru answered.
“So we’re...” Taria started.
“Nineteen.” Link finished.
          They looked around, same place as they were in moments ago. Nothing seemed to change at all in seven years.
“Are you sure seven years passed?” Taria asked.
“Yes, quite sure.” Rauru said with a frown, “Ganon has control of the country and everyone is suffering greatly.”
“Suffering?” Taria said.
“Yes, suffering.” Rauru said.
“Let’s go! We’re older now we can win right?!” Taria said.
“No.” Rauru’s voice boomed.
“Taria, we need more than just our age to win.” Link said, “Right Rauru?”
“Correct, you need the sacred weapons and the rings of the Goddesses.” Rauru said.
“How do we get them?” Taria asked.
          Rauru turned away and vanished momentarily. When he rematerialized he held a medium length sword in his hands.
“This is the Sword of the Goddesses. You, girl, Taria... you will wield this sword.” Rauru said handing it to Taria.
          Taria took the sword carefully and quickly slung the sheath belt around her left shoulder.
“You, boy, Link... you have passed the Master Sword’s test and now you shall wield it.” Rauru said pointing to Link.
          Link looked over his left shoulder. Instead of his usual iron sword the Master sword was in the sheath over his shoulder.
“Now you two must hurry and find the rings of the Goddesses.” Rauru said, “One calls out from the mountains just outside of Kakariko village.”
“But, how do we get to it?” Taria asked.
“Ask the Gorons when you get there.” Rauru said before vanishing.  
“I guess...we go to the mountains.” Taria sighed.
Link nodded and smiled at Taria, “Come on we can do this.” He said, “Remember who we are doing this for.”
“Right!” Taria said with a nod then they ran out the door.
          The Castle town was deserted. Though they had never been to the castle town before Link and Taria knew something wasn’t right. The buildings were in ruins and streets were cracked and the fountain in the center of the plaza was broken down the center. They walked through the town towards the southern bridge when small sounds caught Taria’s attention. She stopped and listened.
“Hear that?” she asked.
“Hear what?” Link asked stopping and looking at her.
“Faint crying.” Taria said running off down a street.
“Taria!” Link called running after her.
          Taria ran down a back alley and saw a kid sitting against a wall. Taria approached the child.
“Are you okay?” she asked.
“Mommy... Daddy...” the child kept repeating.
“Are you okay?” Taria asked again.
“Mommy... daddy...” The child said vanishing into smoke.
“It was dead Taria.” Link said walking up to her.
“They... murdered everyone here...” Taria said her eyes growing wide.
“Come on Taria, we have to go.” Link said helping her up.
          Taria got up and followed Link out of the town. The picture of the child stuck in her mind.


© 2008 Kire


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

165 Views
Added on August 14, 2008


Author

Kire
Kire

Prince Albert, Canada



About
I love making AMVs. I throw them on Youtube alot or Veoh depending. more..

Writing
Turning of Age Turning of Age

A Chapter by Kire