One Day

One Day

A Chapter by Kitten
"

This is how it was originally posted...each chapter will make more sense than the last.

"

It was the soft pitter-patter against her rooftop that woke her. Glancing to her side, she cuddled further up next to her slave. It was warm and she closed her eyes, the rain continued overhead lulling her to a light sleep. His eyes remained open, though, focused on the ceiling and she mildly wondered where his mind was while hers was losing its control against her inevitable slumber. She continued to sleep while the feeling of losing him settled over both of them. 


She woke up and he was still there. A breath of relief left her and she extracted herself from him gently. She stretched, sitting on the edge of their bed before letting her feet touch the cold floor. She stood for a moment and then she was on the ground.


~*~

Sirius watched her as she moved through the kitchen, pulling out things she thought she needed to make breakfast.


'I'm making waffles.' Were the first words out of her mouth when he woke up and she said nothing more since. He noticed the bruises on her knees and the shaky way she handled the skillet.

'You don't need a skillet,' His tone was soft and he rested his elbows on the counter in front of him. She shot him a look.

'I know, I was just moving it.'

She put it back where she found it.


~*~


A smile worked its way onto her mouth but disappeared behind a frown. She attempted to the movement again but was met by the same result. She did not recognize the reddened face in the mirror. She did not recognize the tear streaks on her cheeks, the disarray of her hair, or the subtle signs of everything not being okay. She didn't notice the weakness she had. Physical or not. She merely tried for the smile again.


~*~

She never cried big, Sirius noticed, it was the small sniffles that gave her away. The house was empty, cold, and noise echoed through it. He could always hear her. He always knew. The pain of loss she would feel- is feeling as the time draws near.


He could not comfort her in her loneliness. He could only watch and know that it was him. He was the reason.


~*~


It was not set in stone. She kissed him. It would never be set in stone. His hand glided up her thigh and she shivered. He was here. Tangible. She squeezed his shoulder just to be sure, kissing him again. She did not care for the saccharine, nor the cliche's...just him. But he would not be there when tomorrow came.


She struggled to remain awake but he urged her to sleep. There was business he had to attend to and he would leave her as soon as she fell. She didn't want to fall.


But she did. He made her.


~*~


She awoke to the sounds of the rain. 


The bed was cold.




 



© 2011 Kitten


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

171 Views
Added on July 5, 2011
Last Updated on July 8, 2011


Author

Kitten
Kitten

Sedona, AZ



About
A demented mind. Obsessed with torture, horror, painted lips, and feint touches. Call me a Sadist. I go by the name Kitten. Don't be surprised if I have a nickname for you, I'll generally forget your .. more..

Writing