We Were Doomed

We Were Doomed

A Chapter by Kitten
"

And Broken. In which it all makes sense.

"
From the beginning, Sirius mused, we were doomed. Her head rested on his chest and he glided his fingers through her hair. She slept on peacefully like she always did, never plagued with nightmares when he was around. He smiled sadly and kissed her forehead causing her to shift against him in an attempt to get closer. He closed his eyes.
We are doomed.

~~~

Yvonne awoke to the sound of dripping and then she felt it. Cold. She opened her eyes only to have to close them again as another drop of water fell on her face. The inconsistent annoyance reminded her of someone. Someone she knew in a time before.

Long ago...

~~~
It started with pain. Sirius' face pressed up against the cobble stone steps by a absolutely livid red head.

'What do you think you are doing?' The hairs on his neck stood on end as she whispered harshly in his ear.

'Who the f**k are you?' He thrashed against her and, realizing that he was a much more stronger adversary, she jumped back off of him. His curse hit her hard and she flew back. The lacerations appearing on her skin began to bleed profusely and she suppressed the scream that had erupted from her throat.
'Petrificus Totalus!' Sirius fell back, his body bound together and stiff. She barely managed to lean forward to grab him before she disapperated back to her apartment. The snap of his nose gave her satisfaction and she put her foot back down, her wooden floor stained with his blood. A few transfigurations and a summons later, she had him tied to chair. She released him from the curse, an accusatory glare pinning him.

'Death Eater.'
'I'm not a death eater.'

She swayed and leaned against the wall for support.

'You targeted someone who is innocent.'
'I wasn't going to -kill- the man.'
'Liar.'

Sirius kicked and squirmed as if to get out of the chair or at least -move- it. She was bleeding damn it.
'I'm not a liar.'
'Prove it.'
'I can't! You'll just have to tru-,' she slumped to the floor, vision blurred,'untie me. Quickly. You're just going to bleed out if you don't...'
'No. You are a murderer. You killed your friends.'
'You don't know anything about that,' His voice became dark, threatening.
She felt it then, a slight stirring that indicated that she did indeed have a heart.

He felt the rope loosen and with only a moment of hesitation, he gets up from the chair, healing her with the counter-spell. She fights him all the way.

Don't touch me. Leave. Go.Away.I can do it myself.

~~~

They were long, hard years. Years filled with too much pain for two people to bare. It was an excess of everything. Love, Hatred, Betrayal, Hope...Everything.
~~~

Assassin.

She felt the word leave her lips but dared not to believe in what she once was. She glanced hesitantly at Sirius. He stood in front of her, haunted grey eyes hidden behind too long, dark hair. She reached forward and brushed it out of his face. A small, sad smile present on his lips as she did so.
'You're done?'
'I'm done.'

The darkness in his eyes seemed to clear if only a little.

~~~

The air was crisp so Yvonne thought it necessary that all the windows be left wide open to let the cool air in. She puttered around the house doing absolutely nothing but looking as if she was. Sirius curled onto the only comfy chair they had in the house. He was cold.

'Yvonne, close the windows.'
'No. It's nice.'
'Yvonne...' his voice was a low warning.
'What?' She turned to him, eyes lit with a happiness from good weather.
He let out a sigh, 'nothing.'

He could handle the cold.

~~~

'To you, Book. May your wisdom of woman anatomy serve a poor bloke in the future,' Sirius was undeniably drunk. Drunk and talking to a book titled 'Woman and Sex'. Yvonne found him in the library, the smell of heavy drink burning her nose.
'Sirius, You're drunk.'

Yvonne admonishes quietly, pulling the half empty whiskey drink from his hand and throwing it in the flame. She doused the flames with her wand, controlling the dangerous explosion. Sirius pulled a cigarette from his pocket.
'Sirius, smoking is bad.'
Yvonne took his cancerous poison stick from his lips, replacing it with her own. She gazed at him intently.
'There is -one- and only once vice you may have, Sirius.'

She kissed his cheek before cuddling into him, the smell of alcohol no longer bothering her.
'So, I guess that'd be you, then?' He wrapped his arms around her, pulling her close.

~~~



© 2011 Kitten


Author's Note

Kitten
three hours of sleep and just a need to regurgitate on paper. Drabbles on their life. You saw the violence...so I thought why not a different side?

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

97 Views
Added on July 9, 2011
Last Updated on July 21, 2011


Author

Kitten
Kitten

Sedona, AZ



About
A demented mind. Obsessed with torture, horror, painted lips, and feint touches. Call me a Sadist. I go by the name Kitten. Don't be surprised if I have a nickname for you, I'll generally forget your .. more..

Writing