Saving

Saving

A Chapter by Kitten
"

In the end

"
It was quiet when he arrived back home and Sirius dropped his bags on the floor regardless. He watched as his girl popped up from where she was sleeping on the couch. She fixed him with her cold stare, ice blue eyes illuminated for a split second in the darkness.

'Sirius?'

He grinned at her, making him seem all the more wolfish, 'One and only.'

He was not prepared to be rushed into a hug, the tiny red head fitting perfectly into his arms as she trembled.

'It's only lightening and thunder, Yvonne.'

~~~

A cruel gleam shone in her eyes as she fixed the adjustments of the ropes, tying them securely to her victims limbs. She gave a quick tug for security and let them magically string themselves up, pulling each human limb taught. A groan escaped the unconscious man before his eyes snapped open and he woke up to his worst nightmare. Ice cold eyes stared intently back, examining him from the tip of his nose to the arch of his foot. She slammed a knife through the arch of his foot, letting the animalistic screams carry through the dungeon. She slit his foot in half.
'Now you won't be able to run. Coward.'
She spat and did the same with his other foot.

~~~

'I did bad things, Sirius.'

They were sprawled out in a field, her head resting against his chest while he mindlessly ran his fingers through her hair. He raised his head to look down at her.

'What makes you say that?'
'I did.'
'-did-, as in past tense.'
'Yes.'
'You're better.'

She left it at that, letting his gentle fingers coax her into some much needed rest.

~~~
It had all gone wrong. Everything. Sirius clutched his head, a cry shattering the silence.
'It's not your fault.'
James is dead.
'It's not your fault.'
Lily is dead.
'Sirius...Sirius...'
It had all gone wrong.

~~~

These were the little things. Things she couldn't remember. Things she chose to forget. Her memory was fading and so was she. Soon they would be nothing but dust. Together. And she can't think of anything better.

The pillow was soaked in one spot, seemingly from the rain leaking through the ceiling. She had resorted to using pillows now that she didn't have him. She couldn't call upon Sirius anymore to fix it. Sirius wouldn't answer.
He answered -him-, he answered and left, and now Sirius will never return. She lay on her side, the water droplets did not seem to stop now that they found a hole in her roof. The rain invaded her home, turning everything cold and miserable and wet. She blinked but the rain continued to fall.

~~~
'Sirius, there is a leak again.'
He wiped her cheeks free from tears and kissed her forehead.
'All better?'
She nodded quietly, a small smile breaking across her face.
'Thank you.'




© 2011 Kitten


Author's Note

Kitten
It's late.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

124 Views
Added on July 21, 2011
Last Updated on July 21, 2011


Author

Kitten
Kitten

Sedona, AZ



About
A demented mind. Obsessed with torture, horror, painted lips, and feint touches. Call me a Sadist. I go by the name Kitten. Don't be surprised if I have a nickname for you, I'll generally forget your .. more..

Writing