When the moon goes away, So do the stars

When the moon goes away, So do the stars

A Poem by LeDiisco
"

I really like this poem. Especially the last line... =3 <3

"
Looking at the stars and thinking what we used to be. 
Doing things alone, when it used to be a we. 

Remembering is a waste of time, when we could be moving on,

I cannot make feelings appear where they will not spawn. 

It's best we look forwards and don't look back, we can't rewind our time. 
Feelings change, they rearrange, Its really not a crime. 
Im forcing myself to keep moving on, Although i want you here.
But I know the moment that you're here, I'll no longer want you near. 

Turns out I made the perfect guy who lived within my head. 
You played along and sadly I believed everything you said. 
I only liked the thought of you and what you could have been.
But every way I look at it, There's no way I could win.

At the end of the day, I'm still alone left looking at the stars. 
No length of time or silly rhymes will ever raise these bars. 
Oddly I'm not angry from the crap you said to me.
Thankfully you can grow flowers from where dirt had used to be. 

© 2011 LeDiisco


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

First of all....I think this poem is very special because of your spectacular use of rhyme. It is a very difficult thing to capture such honest and sincere emotions and do it well. I have to applaud you for making it look so easy. Nothing was forced. It all flowed out as it would in an attempt create closure. This poem is a real beauty and it establishes yourself as a true writer. This is work that you should definitely be proud of.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

"Turns out I made the perfect guy who lived within my head." As a guy I've done the same thing with girls. I'm sure most of us do the same thing at one time or another.

The bigger the gap between idealism and reality, the bigger the disapointment. Imagine a guy who can't wait to get a car he's been dreaming about for so long. He finally gets it and as he's driving he notices the shocks aren't too good. Then he notices it doesn't steer the way he thought it would. The seats are harder then he thought they'd be.

We do the same thing with people. Our imaginations get away from reality. You did a good job of showing the essence of that in this fine poem with a great last line.


Posted 13 Years Ago


Wow such amazing rhyme scheme and flow. You are very talented. I like what I read and it caught my attemtion {Very nice writing style!}

Posted 13 Years Ago


First of all....I think this poem is very special because of your spectacular use of rhyme. It is a very difficult thing to capture such honest and sincere emotions and do it well. I have to applaud you for making it look so easy. Nothing was forced. It all flowed out as it would in an attempt create closure. This poem is a real beauty and it establishes yourself as a true writer. This is work that you should definitely be proud of.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

324 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 7, 2011
Last Updated on April 8, 2011

Author

LeDiisco
LeDiisco

NY



About
Hey. My name is C. Lee. Im 26 and im not much of a writer.... but I love to write, so I do. I try to stick to things I have gone through, but sometimes I just write about things that I hear about. more..

Writing
Trapped Trapped

A Poem by LeDiisco



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..





Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5