The Guns of Freedom

The Guns of Freedom

A Story by Mr. Morningstar
"

We must be proficient in the use of tools at our disposal.

"

You wake up to the sound of your alarm, it is the weekend, as your father see's you get up he tells you to get ready as you are going out. You get in his car and drive to his friend's house, you pull up to the driveway and your fathers gets out of the car, he says wait here, as he enters the house, a few moments later he emerges and signals for you to come inside. As you enter, he introduces his friend to you and you exchange pleasantries, your father asks his friend. Is everything ready? Yes, the friend replies. You turn to your father holding a bag, I'm sorry to do this but I need to put this over your head, fine you reply as you put the bag on your head reluctantly. You are led to what feels like a vehicle and you sit inside with the bag over your head, as you begin to drive away you doze off. You wake up with the bag removed from your head and find yourself and the car in the middle of an empty field surrounded by trees. Something is wrong, this is not your dad's car and neither he nor his friend are in sight, you peak left and right as your heart races and you begin to worry. Then suddenly out of the blue and like a ghost from the past you hear your father call your name from the other side of the car, good your awake I thought you were going to sleep till new year, come on, we were waiting for you to wake up. We? You ask. As you see a group of people with guns firing into a part of the field, you head over to your father and he pulls out his gun, the very same gun he presented to you at the dinner table last night, you think to yourself. The government banned the use and ownership of personal firearms. How do these people have so many guns? He places the gun in your hands and teaches you how to use it after a while he says to you, remember life is like cow ***, it's all ***. after the lesson you get back in the car with the bag on your head and head home. Your father's words ringing in your ears. What does he mean?

© 2020 Mr. Morningstar


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

It's very narrative and descriptive, it felt like I was living the story. The chosen idea may not have my interest, but after reading this, it intrigues me and I am now interested in more works that you are going to write. Continue on writing with the ideas that you like

Posted 3 Years Ago


It's a pretty good story, I just wished the ending had more closure because now it felt short. Overall the story is still pretty good

Posted 3 Years Ago


This story is very deep because of the theme of it. it was very direct and politcal i think, the flow is very good as i could go along with it but the thing is it needs quotation marks because it could be a blur, sometimes. It was a Good story though KEEP IT UP!

Posted 3 Years Ago


Ginawang political ah HAHAHA pero maganda naman!!! :)

Posted 3 Years Ago


Its a very good story. The way it was written made it very easy to follow the events happening and the choice of words made it easy to understand. It was also relatively easy to visualize, although it was a bit confusing to follow the dialogue and who says what, but overall its a good and easily comprehendable story.

Posted 3 Years Ago


Nakakabitin pero ang refreshing ng theme. It also very descriptive.

Posted 3 Years Ago


Nabitin ako ng onti, pero okay lang maganda naman yung story at hindi siya gaano kalalim intindihin word of choice is good too. Nagexpect ako ng ibang mangyayari sa story pero yung nasa story mo ay nakakaamaze :)

Posted 3 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

88 Views
7 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 16, 2020
Last Updated on September 16, 2020


Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Icarus Icarus

A Story by moongirl


Focus Focus

A Story by gabby


A Short Love Story A Short Love Story

A Story by Ysa


her eyes her eyes

A Poem by mariposa