My Angel Without Wings--Unwritten Law

My Angel Without Wings--Unwritten Law

A Chapter by Lady Miyako-san of the West

Kagome tossed and turned, fighting against the unseen force of her dream. "This can't be! It just can't be!" Hugging her pillow to her chest, she cried out, "It wasn't supposed to happen like this! No!" Normally when this happened, Rin would run into the room and sleep with her mother, but she'd stayed at Sango's for the night, leaving Kagome alone.

Sesshomaru's lids rose slightly. 'Kagome?' Stretching his arms above his head, he slid out of his bed, heading towards Kagome's room, which was still surrounded by the bright blue barrier she'd placed earlier. Fusing his jaki into a barrier around him, he pushed against hers until he was inside. Making his way to her bed, he paused upon feeling his legs sting. Her barrier had somehow managed to lightly purify the flesh on his lower legs. "Hn."

"Why are you doing this?!" Kagome screamed out, her arms folding across her chest and her claws driving into her arm.

"Kagome." Sesshomaru called, but she showed no signs of hearing. Sighing softly, he slid into the bed and pulled her into his lap, his arms wrapped tightly around her. "Kagome, awaken." He felt her aura slowly still, then calm, wavering gently.

Her eyes looked up at him. "S-Sesshomaru, what are you doing in here?"

"You were having a nightmare."

"Oh." She closed her eyes and took a deep breath. "I seem to recall you doing this before."

"Hai. The night you and Rin moved in." He waited a moment, then loosened his grip on her. "I will be returning to bed now."

Kagome grabbed his arm. "No!...I, I mean, stay, just for a moment. For some reason, the nightmares vanish when you are near."

Sesshomaru nodded slightly, grabbing her wrist. He jerked her arm toward him.

"What are you doing?" She asked, her voice strangely weak and unsure.

"..." Without a word, he lapped up the blood around the wounds she'd invoked upon herself. He lifted his head to look into her eyes. "I was tending to your wounds."

"I know." She found herself unable to turn away from his intense gaze. "Wh-why are you looking at me that way?"

'Looking into your eyes
I see all i want to be'



Sesshomaru closed his eyes and laid back against the head board, holding Kagome to him. 'Beast, what ever you are concocting, cease.'

*Whatever do you mean, master?*

'You know precisely what I mean. Our mateship to Kagome is false, a sham.'

*B-but why? Getting to hold her this way is so nice. I never want this to end, Master Sesshomaru.*

'I don't want it to end
If i could only put to words the way
I see you
I only know i have an angel with me now'


*You can't tell me that you haven't realized that she is-*

'Perfection in it's purest form.'

*Exactly!*

'Kagome and I are not meant to be, beast. Just as I stated, she is perfection in it's purest form, and I am perfection in it's most tainted form. We are far too different.'

*But Master-*

'Leave it at that, beast.' Sesshomaru ran his long, narrowed fingers through Kagome's gracious black hair before closing his eyes and falling asleep, only to be plagued by her in his own dreams.

'And when i fall asleep
You're all that i see
You're in my thoughts
And all of my prayers
I wish i could be
All that you mean to me

My angel without wings
My angel'


___________________________________________________________________________

"Sesshomaru, wake up." Kagome nudged her 'mate'. "Come on. We have to have lunch with Koga."

"The wolf?" He questioned with a small yawn. "The wolf is unimportant."

"His uncle is the second in command on the Daiyoukai counsel. Now, get your butt up!"

Sesshomaru growled, rolling over. "Your screaming last night awakened me."

Kagome scoffed. "You're a demon. When was the last time you slept?"

"Four months ago."

"Wow, really?" She blinked. "Perhaps you should get some more rest...when we get back. I took the liberty of finding your clothes for the day." She laid the ironed dress shirt and slacks beside him.

Glaring at her, he grabbed the clothes and entered her bathroom, closing and locking the door.

"You could've used your own."

"Consider it punishment, Kagome." Sesshomaru answered.

"Ugh. The nerve." She sat on the bed, pressing her face to the pillow he'd slept on. "Hm."

*Smells good, doesn't it?*

'Go away, beast.'

*You like Master Sesshomaru! You like Master Sesshomaru!*

'I do not! And don't call him master. I'm your master and-'

"Kagome."

She whipped around to face Sesshomaru. "Yes?"

He cocked a brow. "What were you doing?"

"Nothing. What do you want?"

"You left these in the bathroom." He smirked, swinging the lace underwear on his finger. 'Hm. I've never seen her blush before.'

Kagome avoided eye contact as she snatched the underwear and tossed them into her garbage can. "It's my bathroom, anyway, you b*****d." She grumbled.

Chuckling silently, he reentered the bathroom. 'Strange woman.'

*She was sniffing our pillow!*

'What did we discuss last night?'

*But-*

'Silence.'

*Fine then.* The beast forced himself into control, snatching the underwear from the garbage can and stuffing them into his pocket before pulling back. *Ha. That oughta teach ya!*

Sesshomaru frowned slightly as he regained control, looking around him to see if his beast had done anything. But from what he could see, he hadn't. "Hn."

__________________________________________________________

Sesshomaru cut his eyes at Kagome, watching her flirt with Koga. They'd been like that all through breakfast, laughing at each other and touching each other. It was sickening.

"Man, Kagome. You're breaking my heart. After all the offers I slung at you, and you mate with this guy?"

"What's wrong with Sesshomaru?" Kagome asked, immediately taking offense.

"Nothing, if you like that type. I had always thought you were for the more rugged type, like me and dog breath."

Sensing Sesshomaru's anger building, Kagome grabbed his hand. "Koga, Sesshomaru is strong. He's powerful. And he cares about me. I'm glad I mated him." She wasn't the only one shocked by the words she'd said. Sesshomaru was as well.

Koga shrugged. "Whatever. You two don't seem that in love. I mean, the most you've done to him is sitting your hand on his. If you love him, kiss him."

"Fine." Kagome answered, though inside she was cringing. 'Crap.' She turned to Sesshomaru, forcing herself not to stiffen when he wrapped and arm around her waist and pulled her closer. Pressing her lips to his, she closed her eyes and wrapped her arms around his waist. 'Well,' she thought when he withdrew, 'that wasn't half bad.'

Sesshomaru licked his lips and smirked. "Satisfied, Wolf?"

"Keh. I still don't see a mark."

"As you know, some marks take longer than others to appear. However, the next time you see her, my mark will be showing."

"Thank you for breakfast, Koga." Kagome smiled, grabbed her purse, and stood. "We simply must do this again sometime."

Sesshomaru stood as well, reaching into his pocket for his wallet. He froze when he felt something soft. Looking down, he spotted the underwear and growled.

Kagome frowned. "Is something wrong, Sessho-" Her eyes widened, then narrowed at the sight of her underwear. "Hentai. What are you doing with my underwear?"

"Kagome-"

"Wow. Maybe you really are mated." Koga shuddered. "Ugh. I'll see you later, Kagome." He sped off.

"Kagome, it is not-"

Kagome growled and slapped him. "Hentai! That's the last time you ever kiss me!" Whipping around, she stormed away from him.

Sesshomaru fisted his hands. 'BEAST!'

*Master, I did not mean to upset her.*

Sesshomaru ignored his inner youkai, setting some yen on the check and going after Kagome. Sliding into the driver's seat, he began, "Kagome, I did not-"

"Did not what? Mean for me to find out that you're a sick b*****d? Too late." She crossed her arms and stared out the window. "And to think. I thought that we could at least be friends. Let's just go get Rin."

Sesshomaru glanced at her as he drove. There was no way he could explain it to her so that she wouldn't be so angry at him. And he didn't quite understand why it hurt him to have her upset with him. Pulling up at Sango's, he spoke, "I apologize." What could he say, he wasn't a man of many words. "You are my....'friend.'" That hadn't been what he'd meant to say.

'I wish you could see
All that you mean to me
But i can never find the words
To tell you'


Kagome didn't have a reply. She watched Rin as she sprinted toward the car and hopped into the backseat.

Rin grinned. "Hi, mama. Hey, Sesshomaru-sama."

"Hello, Rin." Sesshomaru answered back, but Kagome said nothing.

"Is something wrong?" She could sense it in the air. And she'd dreamt about them fighting. 'This isn't good.'

 



© 2009 Lady Miyako-san of the West


Author's Note

Lady Miyako-san of the West
When in bold and italics, it is a song, when in bold and astrics, it is the beast...

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

129 Views
Added on May 21, 2009


Author

Lady Miyako-san of the West
Lady Miyako-san of the West

Forks, WA



About
I am a young inspired writer who is striving for success!!! I don't do fancy and I don't do fake. I am me and I always will be, there's nothing you or anyone else can do about it, so deal with it!.. more..

Writing