Chapter 4: Nightly Visits

Chapter 4: Nightly Visits

A Chapter by LamiaCor

CHAPTER 4:

 

My eyes opened and I bolted upright in my bed, feeling that heavy aura. Not like this morning in the music hall, but the feeling that someone else was in the house.

I breathed slowly, listening. But my mp3 was already on sleep mode and only the sound of my air conditioner passed my ear.

Looking towards my clock, I saw it was only 1 a.m. I knit my brows with a little annoyance. How can I suddenly wake up like that?

Right then, I heard a loud screeching noise from downstairs-as if the sofa had been dragged across the floor.

My brows knit up and I pulled my blankets away, pushing my feet into my slippers and heading to the door.

“Skye?” I called, opening the door and peeking out.

All the lights were off and only the light of the moon and streetlights bathed the floor by a bit. Craning my neck, I tried to look for Skye but he wasn’t on the sofa anymore.

I knit up my brows and decided to go downstairs and check to see if Skye’s doing something or dad’s home and ended up tripping over the sofa again.

“Dad?” I called this time as I walked down the stairs. Once I got down, my eyes scanned the place and I switched the lights on.

The chandelier blinded me momentarily, making me squint as I kept walking towards Skye’s room.

After a few hits on the sofa and fumbling over the carpet, I reached Skye’s room and peeked in to see Skye was fast asleep, his TV left on as usual. I sighed and relaxed learning that the screeching sound was probably coming from the show on the TV.

I walked into Skye’s room, staring at the TV. I didn’t know the series but it looked like it was some kind of suspense show. Rolling my eyes I switched on Skye’s nightlight and turned off the TV.

Carefully, I slipped out, leaving his door open and heading back to my room.

After switching out the lights and getting to my room, I slipped back into bed, getting ready to sleep again.

Right when I was about to fall asleep, there was that heavy feeling again. I gritted my teeth, willing that feeling to go away and let me rest.

And soon my bed started moving a bit as if there was some kind of earthquake. At that thought, my eyes flew open and I sat up in my bed.

My eyes looked around the room, and staring at the glass of water next to me, I froze.

The only thing moving was my bed. Soon, my bed started shaking even more violently.

Oh my God. My breath hitched and all of a sudden, the air was all too cold. The only thing passing in my mind now was that I hope what I saw in school won’t be the one to come out from my closet.

I gasped, slightly whimpering and as I was about to jump off the bed and run to Skye, the bed immediately stopped moving, making everything calm again.

Gasping, I tried to pull my blankets off when I suddenly heard the loud thumping off footsteps coming up the stairs. And it wasn’t just like someone was simply walking up the stairs but it sounded as if someone very big was running hysterically up my room.

My body froze up and I stared at my open doorway, quickly pressing my back to the wall. All of a sudden, the thumping stopped, making my heart stop as well.

I took a deep, shaky breath, feeling my body tense and my arms shaking. After a while of waiting, nothing else happened. A sigh escaped my throat and I gulped, feeling exhausted all of a sudden.

My eyes glanced up at the clock. Once I looked up, I froze, blinking many times to make sure what I was seeing was real.

Before I left the room, it was 1 am. Now, it still said the same thing. When I thought it was just the batteries, I suddenly felt dizzy. As in really dizzy.

I pulled my head up a bit, shaking it. Looking up again, my vision turned blurry and I found myself looking towards the balcony. And there was someone there.

My eyes couldn’t completely make out the figure but, standing at my balcony, there was a tall person with long, messy hair. Judging from the person’s figure, it was a guy. But I don’t know any guy who has long black hair and glowing red eyes.

Huh? Glowing red eyes?

I froze, feeling my body go tense and my heart go into a sprint. Holy s**t.

I tried to move my body but when I turned my head, my heart stopped to see the most frightening thing I’ve seen since that black dog.

Sitting comfortably right beside me and its face inches form mine, was a lady wearing all white. As I stared, absolutely frightened, my eyes went up to her face which was all mauled and very bloody as if she were attacked by a lion or something equally as ferocious.

The woman stared at me, her figure eerily still-so still that I start to think that my head’s just making all this up.

I wanted badly to get up, run out of my room and scream. But I couldn’t. my body was paralyzed with fear.

Suddenly, the woman slowly raised her arm and I whimpered to part of her forearm had been ripped off. As she lifted her arm towards me, the red liquid dripped on my black blankets, coloring it with the horrible shade.

Before I could even scream, there was a sudden bright light from behind me and it just made me want to cry and scream even more.

At the sudden brightness, the woman shrieked a blood curdling sound and I saw her mauled face in detail to the last hanging piece of flesh. Her eyes went wide and crazy and to my utter fear, she grabbed the sides of my face.

My mouth fell, along with my heart as she screamed at my face, her head shaking back and forth at the most violent rate as she shouted my name in head aching frequency.

 

“CYREEEEEEN!” someone else screamed.

 

My eyes flew open and the top half of my body sprang up as fast gasps escaped my lips. Looking around, I realized it was morning when I saw the sun rays ripping into my room from the balcony’s glass doors.

 “A-A dream?” I asked myself with absolute disbelief as the sweat dripped down my forehead.

Impossible! It all felt so real! From all the nightmares I’ve had ever since….that time, this by far had been the most horrifying and real. My head won’t stop bringing up the lady again. Her hands, the coldness of them. and her face. God her face!

My body shook, and I frantically pulled my blanket together, almost letting out a scream as I threw the heavy covering to the wall, crying into my pillow with absolute annoyance and fear.

S**t! If this keeps going on I’ll go insane! They won’t go away.

“Just what the hell do I do?” I whimpered into my pillow.

“Cy…..reen?” someone suddenly called.

I frantically looked around and I almost jumped when I saw Skye standing at my door, looking horrified as tired gasps flew out of my mouth.

Skye was holding a cup of something hot in his left hand and his 3DS in the other. My little brother stared at me with wide and worried eyes.

“Hey….are you alright?” he asked, taking a step in my room but stopping at that. Staring at my expression, he probably knows I don’t want anyone to come near me right now. Not even him.

I gasped, taking a breath and time to control myself. Panting, I carefully wiped my face of the tears and hung my head, lying on my side and turning my back to Skye.

“Where’s dad?” I asked.

“He’s….uh, still sleeping. Cy, are you really okay?” Skye asked again.

“Yeah.” I simply replied, staring at my balcony and remembering the guy standing outside my balcony and looking at me with glowing red eyes. Could he actually be the black dog I saw in school?

No, I’m not gonna think about that. I don’t believe in all this craziness. The brain is a powerful tool and it can mess you up. It’s just my head.

Now listening to all these thoughts, I’m starting to think I’m actually insane.

“Cy.” Skye called, shaking me from my trance.

“I….I had a nightmare too.” He suddenly said.

I froze up and slowly, I sat up and turned to him.

“What?” I asked with bewilderment. Skye gulped, setting his jaw and he walked to my bed, placing the cup of hot chocolate on my side table.

“Actually, I haven’t been all that honest with you.” he said as he slowly sat on the floor, looking up at me with worried and slightly frightened eyes.

I blinked at him and waited for his story.

“I…uh, about the dog you said you saw….I saw it too…in school.” Skye said. I froze up, my body slowly straightening up.

“A-are you okay though?” I asked. Skye laughed weakly at me.

“You’re the one screaming in the morning and you’re asking if I’m okay?” he laughed. I glared at him, making him chuckle.

“Anyway, it didn’t do anything but it scared me like crazy.” He said, scratching the back of his messy head of hair.

“My friends were telling scary stories to each other while we were at the library and when I went to the lavatory, there was this big black dog standing at the far corner of the room. I thought I just played too much the other night but it growled at me and its eyes started oozing out….blood.” Skye explained, cringing as he told me his story.

I stared at him, scared. What on earth is going on?  Skye stared at me.

“What did you dream about Cy?” he asked. I blinked at him and was about to say I didn’t want to tell him but he stopped me.

“Tell me.” he ordered. I stared at him, trying to see if I can talk him out of this but something in his expression said trying won’t work. And the voice at the back of my mind was also begging me to tell someone about what I’ve been seeing.

I told him about my nightmare and as I did, my little brother seemed to look calmer but more serious.

After telling him my dream, I sighed, wiping my sweat.

“Why didn’t you tell me about the dog though?” I asked, feeling a little betrayed.

“I didn’t want to tell you because you might freak out even more. But…now that it looks like the same things are happening to us, I just had to tell you.” Skye added.

I hesitated, but I asked him about his dream anyway.

Skye scoffed at me, partly amused, annoyed and a little scared.

“Your white lady was nothing compared to what I saw. Mine was black but…..she was horrifying. And it wasn’t like the monsters from video games or movies. It was much more….eerie. I actually thought I was gonna die…..There was also someone standing outside my door.” he said, taking the cup and drinking up the hot chocolate.

“Someone at your door?”

Skye nodded.

“I thought it was dad at first but it wasn’t. I don’t know anyone with that person’s figure either. I got dizzy too and the same light appeared but mine was blue and much stronger.” Skye said.

After all this, the room went silent and all I could hear were the birds tweeting outside-which was a little ironic thanks to last night.

“Should we tell dad?” Skye asked. I blinked and looked at my little brother who seemed like he wanted to go running to our father right now but he also had that unsure look on his face.

“W-why are you asking me?” I asked. Skye sighed, hanging his head and looking annoyed.

“Cause you’re my older sister.” he said in a questioning tone. I stared at him and he rolled his eyes.

“I know you only asked that because you wanted me to admit I am inferior to you. But ha! I got past a black lady! A black lady is far more worse than a white one” Skye laughed, pointing at me as he snickered.

I stared at him and rolled my eyes. “Whatever.” I simply said, taking his cup and drinking from it.

Well, I’m thankful he said that. The atmosphere was getting heavy.

“Anyway, telling dad….I dunno. I don’t think he’ll believe us anyway. He’ll just say we watch too many horror movies.” I said, getting out of bed and carefully heading to the bathroom. It seems I’ve regained my composure.

“Well, we wouldn’t have that disadvantage if you hadn’t introduced that to me.” Skye said pointedly. And I could literally feel his eyes rolling at me.

“Hey, you wanted to watch those movies.” I replied.

“But, anyway….you were screaming earlier.” Skye said.

“Yeah, but I’m still fine.” I replied as I washed my face and brushed my hair.

“These things could hurt us mentally you know?” Skye continued.

“Well, we’re stronger than them aren’t we.” I said, getting out of the bathroom.

Skye looked up at me with an agreeing nod and sighed. I stared at my little brother, feeling both relieved and frightened-relieved because Skye saying that he had a nightmare proves that I’m not crazy. Or maybe we both are. But, I’m also scared ‘cause we’re seeing these things too much.

“Whatever. Well, you’re right about us being better. We have been playing morbid games since we were younger.”

“That we have been doing, younger brother.” I said as I walked out my room with Skye trailing after me.

 

Once we got out of my room, I looked down to see dad sluggishly walking towards the kitchen in his pajamas, yawning and scratching the back of his head.

I then made my way downstairs and jumped into the kitchen, feeling a little better since Skye told me everything about his dreams and experience with the same black dog that I saw.

Dad saw me walk in and yawned again. “Good morning.” He greeted with a smile as he turned the coffee maker on.

“Mmm.” I simply replied, walking to the pantry and taking out the peanut butter then heading to the pantry to get some peanut butter.

“Dad.” Skye called, also coming into the kitchen and sitting on one of the chairs as he glanced at me. I knit my brows at him, taking out a piece of bread and smearing the peanut butter on it.

“Me and Cyreen are seeing weird things.” Skye suddenly blurted, making me fumble at the cabinet and curse as the bread I was holding fell into the dirty dishes from last night.

I stared at the bread for a minute and clicked my tongue in annoyance.

Breakfast…goodbye.”

Dad grunted from behind me. “Well, that must be because you love watching horror movies too much.” he simply said.

I made a face and turned to Skye, mouthing: “I told you.” to him since dad had his back turned to me while he read the newspaper.

Skye made a face at me too and sighed.

“Well, we just want you to know…..we’re really freaked out.” Skye said. I stared at my brother with amazement.

I knew he was straightforward but, wow. Saying that I’m scared is a little too hard for me.

Dad chuckled at Skye then sighed, putting down his newspaper.

“Alright then, tell me. What have you been seeing?” dad asked, deciding to listen to us.

If dad were only joking around, I’m gonna storm to my room and fume at him for thinking of this as a joke but then again, if he thought this was something else, say, insanity, it’ll be bigger trouble if he decides to throw us into the hands of child psychologists.

Skye sighed, measuring dad then he started, telling dad everything-from the black dog, to his black lady and my white lady nightmare.

All throughout, dad has been quiet, looking as if he were listening intently. I nodded at myself, impressed dad was actually listening to us.

 But then again, stories like these are amusing, especially if the stories were coming from kids who love horror movies.

Once Skye was done, I turned back to dad, munching on my peanut butter sandwich which I thankfully didn’t drop into the sink.

Dad was silent in his seat and Skye was staring at dad with a bored look, probably thinking; “Yeah, he’s sending us to the asylum.”

I on the other hand was thinking dad was gonna say: “Stop watching horror movies!” to “I know a psychologist a few block down.”

But dad surprised both me and Skye.

“Huh.” he said, putting down his newspapers and straightening himself as if he had a revelation. I knit my brows at him, wondering if our stories were too extreme for him. Dad cleared his throat and unexpectedly, he stood up, looking up at the wall clock.

“Well, that’s really interesting kids. Well, your stories are long and it’s already 9 am. I need to go to work.” He simply said, leaving his coffee and leaving the kitchen, heading to his room.

I stared at the air, blinking with bewilderment.

Skye had the same reaction.

“Dad must be thinking his kids are insane.” Skye said, hanging his head down in defeat. I sighed, carefully walking to the table and sitting down in front of Skye.

After a few moments of silence, I clicked my tongue.

“Nah…maybe…maybe dad’s had these dreams too. He just doesn’t want to say.” I said assuringly. Skye scoffed at me.

“Yeah, right. Dad? He’s not scared of anything.” Skye said with a trace of pride in his voice, sipping his hot chocolate. I blinked and sighed, deciding to let this go.

 

“Should we take them already? I mean, Rick doesn’t have a clue anyway. He thinks his children are just too…..imaginative.” Luke said as we both looked down at the two siblings inside the kitchen talking to each other.

I clicked my tongue then raised my brow at my mentor. “Jeez, this guy. You’re the one making the shots. You tell me.” I scoffed.

Luke sighed at me then shook his head in annoyance.

“I was just askin’. Kids these days. Anyway, let’s wait till’ tomorrow. They’ll be goin’ to Baguio right? It’s gonna be more interestin’.” Luke said.

I rolled my eyes. “If they get attacked by other demons, it’s your fault.” I sighed, jumping down the electric lines and landing softly on my feet.

Luke followed. “Whateva! Let your old mentor show you how it’s done!” he chuckled.

 

Cyreen’s POV:

 

Hours after dad had already left in a hurry, I was already changed into black jeans, a blue tank top under a white sweater and my favorite converse shoes.

“Tsk, Dan Brown, Dan Brown.” I muttered as I stood in front of my already stuffed and closed backpack, thinking of where I put my copy of Dan Brown’s Inferno.

Right after dad gets home, we’ll be heading to Baguio already. And I won’t hide it. I’m excited. Finally after enduring the hot days in Makati, I’ll finally get to my cold paradise!

As I was relishing my imagining of the fog in Baguio, someone knocked on my door. I turned, seeing Skye standing at the doorway.

He was now wearing white high tops, ripped jeans, a black v-neck shirt and his favorite black anime cap that had the wings of freedom from Attack on Titan at the front. He also had his grey jacket full of chains over his arm and tons of bracelets along with a dog tag necklace around his neck

 My little brother is very cute but he really thinks he’s a tough guy. Tah! Yeah, right.

Skye suddenly held his hand up, showing that he had my copy of Inferno.

I made a face at him. “There it is. I thought you have your own copy.” I said, taking my book from his hands.

“Yeah but yours was in my room for some reason.” Skye replied as he took out a strawberry and cream flavored lollipop and popped it in his mouth as he checked the time on his watch, probably trying to look cool.

As I said, he thinks he’s tough but right now, I think I’m looking at those little chibi drawings. I couldn’t help myself so I just said:

“You look like a little puppy.” I said with a look of awe on my face.

At my comment, Skye jumped, his jaw fallen as he flinched.

“A-Ah, shut up! I’m not!” he yelled stubbornly, making me giggle. Skye growled, crossing his arms.

“You done packing? Dad said he’ll be here in a few minutes.” Skye muttered, fixing his cap and trying to hide the redness in his cheeks. I giggled again, nodding at him.

He then walked into my room, taking my backpack with annoyance as he stuck his tongue out at me before he left to take my bag downstairs.

I sighed, walking to the balcony and locking it. I then went back to my closet, taking my smaller pack and stuffing it with the things I usually use;

MP3, DS, books, tons of books, cd’s and my cell phone. Once I was done looking around my room to check if I got everything, when nothing else was left, I left my room, heading downstairs.

 

After a few more minutes of playing Tekken with Skye, dad finally got home, looking energetic and happy.

I blinked then glanced at Skye who had the same look saying; “I’m weirded out.”

“Alllllright you two! I’ll just change into better clothes. My friend and his kid are already on their way to Baguio.” Dad said, already heading to his room.

We stared at dad, bewildered.

“I know dad’s really cheerful and happy all the time but….really? Did you hear him?! Allllright you two!” Skye said, mimicking dad really well.

I blinked at him, staring at his horrified face. a chuckle left my mouth and I punched in commands on the controls, killing off Skye’s avatar.

Skye gasped and stared at me with disbelief. I smiled innocently.

“You copied dad too well. It’s disturbing.” I smiled. Skye glared at me and sighed, getting to his feet when dad came out wearing simple pants and a white shirt. In his hands, I saw him carrying his pack.

“Locked everything? Is everything plugged off?” he asked. I switched the PS off, getting to my feet.

“Yup. Let’s go.” Skye said, being me to it and pushing dad out the door.

 

We were now on the road, dad playing Bon Jovi in the stereo and me and Skye playing I Spy as we passed through fields filled with cows and goats.

“Hey, kids.” dad called, making us look up at him.

Dad stared ahead, a serious look on his face.

“Any of those dreams bothering you again?” he asked, looking up at us from the rear view mirror.

I pursed my lips.

“Well, no.” I simply said, glancing at Skye, knowing that nothing really has happened since I was together with my brother the entire day.

I didn’t realize it at first, but dad’s shoulders were tensed and as soon as I said nothing has happened, his shoulders relaxed.

“Well, that’s good.” He said and before we knew it, the car zoomed through the road.



© 2014 LamiaCor


Author's Note

LamiaCor
Hope you guys like this, please comment and review~ ^_^

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

231 Views
Added on March 18, 2014
Last Updated on March 18, 2014
Tags: horror, adventure, comedy, action, magic, supernatural


Author

LamiaCor
LamiaCor

Philippines



About
Hello~ IMPORTANT: JUST TO MAKE SURE THE PEOPLE THAT'VE READ MY STORIES, I ALSO HAVE ACCOUNTS IN WATTPAD-LamiaCor ,FANFICTION- NoctisFlame, BOOKSIE-shiningexotic66 Shawol, ELF, Bana, .. more..

Writing