Late 2008

Late 2008

A Chapter by Lastwords187
"

When it all started

"

Zadan

     Not long after he moved to Michigan and began working with Jordan and Blake at the construction company he got lonely.  Blake worked too damn much too ever get to hang out and Jordan was a good buddy to hang out with but he was the wrong gender.   Sam was too busy with her boyfriend down in Florida so he decided to get online and take a look around Myspace.  Myspace brought up a lot of girls he could talk to and he did.  Back then everyone seemed to talk to anyone without much worry.  People were more trusting so to speak.  He would send a message to random girls and just wait until they answered.  Finally one did.  Her name was Kristine.  She was a couple years younger than him, blonde hair and green eyes.  She was shy and had a boyfriend but since he was only looking for a friend to talk to she didn't seem to mind.  She accepted his friend request and they began to talk.  He looked at all of her pictures.  He found a few that he favored more than others and they stuck out in his mind.  His eyes drank her in.  He messaged her here and there at first making small talk and the getting to you one another stage.  She had grown up in California but being a child whose father was in the Navy, they had packed up and moved to Texas.  They had been in the same city for over ten years but she still considered herself a Cali girl with a Texas flare. She had a hidden wild side she would show here and there whenever she talked about her nights out with the girls.  Her friends brought out the craziness in her.  Her nickname being crazy K.  This intrigued Zadan that much more.  She was in her senior year of high school about to graduate.  She had two brothers Tom and Ken.  Tom had a girlfriend and Ken was single but had just recently came out to the family. 

     Zadan would message her every day and every day she would reply, more often than not she would be home talking to him back and forth through messenger that he finally asked her what she seen in her boyfriend. 

     She explained that they had known each other for years but lately he had started treating her a little worse each and every day.  He had been a football player and her group of friends, mainly men that played sports and they just got together.  There was another guy in the group that had always fancied her but she was always taken plus she only seen him as a brother.  She laid it all out there for Zadan the more they talked the closer they got.  Zadan of course put his own story out there for her too.  He made sure to tell her about Sam at first.  He wanted nothing to stand in the way.  Not that he had any intention of dating this girl but just in case anything did happen he didn't want her to get jealous of his relationship with Sam, his best friend.  She seemed to understand when it came to her and he seemed to understand that she was with a loser and one night after she came home upset he finally had the balls to stay something to her about him.  She had said they got into a fight because they were drinking in a friends' garage just listening to music and he started acting like an a*s to her for no reason.  She called him on his s**t and he didn't like that in front of his friends.  Zadan didn't like that at all, men speaking to woman in a harsh way was something that would set him off at the snap of his fingers. 

    "You can do better than that K."  K was her nickname and Zadan liked to call her something that her boyfriend didn't. 

     "I guess."  She replied.

     "Plus I mean s**t we already talk all day and all night, I'm just sayin..."  He said smirking into his computer screen. 

     K was quiet for a moment before she typed, "You're a sweet talker Z."

     "Maybe for you."  He said.  "So really, when are you going to leave that douchebag and get with me?"

     "Z..." 

     "I know I know it's not that easy but just know I am here when you are ready K.  You deserve to be treated with respect. 

     She was silent for a moment, "Why do you like me, you haven't even met me yet?"

     Now Z was silent.  This was a fair question after all.  They had only ever talked online, passed pictures back and forth.  They had never met, never had a phone call more than texting through AIM or Yahoo.  But something about her pulled at him and made him want to talk to her more and more.  He couldn't get enough of this girl.  Maybe it was her innocence that was refreshing.  It was for sure her smile and the way she would blush at his comments about her beauty.  It was her laugh, the way her eyes would light up whenever he made comments about her.  It was everything about her.  He was slowly falling for her but he couldn't give that away just yet.

     "I like you because of the way you make me feel.  The way we can connect, how you never get jealous when I have to work or go out with the guys riding.  I love how you make me your priority instead of just someone to talk too."

     She was silent.

     Zadan waited for her to talk.  After a few moments of nothing from her he decided to ask her what was wrong.  "Are you okay?  Was that too much?"

     "No, no it wasn't too much at all.  It was exactly what I needed to hear but I wasn't expecting it.  You left me speechless." 

     "I'm glad. Because it was all true K."

     "I'm glad you came into my life."

     "I'm glad too." 


     A week later the two were officially dating, online of course.  Kristine had told her boyfriend that she wanted to end things with him.  She didn't give any indication that it was for another man but she didn't waste any time letting Z know that she was his if he still wanted her.  And of course he did.  Kristine graduated and it was summer break.  She worked a lot but so did Zadan.  K was working at a gas station at the time.  She would work late night and early mornings but still managed to come home every day and make sure her and Z talked.  She would get on her camera and let him watch her as they talked.  It was easier for her to be able to talk to him and she would read what he wrote and respond to him.  His camera had broken and he hadn't the time to go get another one, but he said he would and that was enough for her. 

     "Hey baby how was work?" 

     "Work was work, but I missed you."  She said sighing. 

     "I missed you too, it was a crazy long day today.  You remember I told you about Dickhead right?"  Dickhead was Jordan's nickname.  It wasn't the first time she had heard his name and normally when she heard it something bad followed. 

     "Yeah?  I know Dickhead, what happened?" 

     "This fool dropped a hammer on my hand today from on top of the house to where I was on the ground." 

     "Oh my God!  Babe are you okay?"  Worried filled her voice.

     "Yeah, I am fine just hurts a little." 

     "I can't stand that man sometimes."  K said sighing.

     Zadan laughed, "It'll heal, I'm not worried about it baby."

     K rolled her eyes, "Of course you're not, but I need those hands." 

     Zadan's eyes lit up, "Is that so?  Why is that?"  He smiled waiting for her response.

     She bit her lower lip, "You know why."

     "Tell me?"  He urged her on.

     "Because I want to feel those hands on my body."  She said.  "When are you going to come and put them there?"

     Zadan was quiet for a moment before responding, "After this big project at work is done, I am all yours." 

     "I can't wait!"

     "Me either."

     "Why?"

     "Why what?"  Z asked.

     "Why can't you wait?"

     "Because I want to see you, and kiss you, and touch you." 

     "MMM, that sounds good to me." 

     "Sounds great to me K.  I've never wanted something so much as the way I want you."

     "You're making my cheeks turn red!"

     "I love when your face turns red!" 

     "Stop!"    

     "No, I like it.  You're beautiful babe."

     K covered her face on the cam she was letting Zadan watch her on. 

     She peeked at him through her fingers, "You're not playing very nice Mr.!" 

     He grinned, "All is fair in love and war."

     She rolled her eyes as they continued to talk about the days to come.  She laid in her bed and her eyes started to close. 

     "Baby go to sleep."  Z said.

     "Not without you." She mumbled her eyes too heavy to keep open any longer.

     "I'm right here."   

     She closed her eyes and her breathing got lighter.  She drifted off into her dream world as Zadan switched on the television and tried his hardest to fall asleep at a decent time.  He lay there as the television was a distant noise in the background and Kristine's breathing soon faded as her computer shut off.  He shut off his computer too.  After all he was trying to be good while dating a girl over 1700 miles away from him.  It was a new experience that was for sure.  Something neither one of them had done before so it was still new but so far it was going okay.  He was sure there would be bumps in the road but as long as they talked every day and could address those bumps things could work out for the best.  He had hope and so did she.  But his heart told him that he loved her, which he wanted to be with her and make things work.  Distance didn't matter when you loved someone enough....did it?



© 2016 Lastwords187


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

147 Views
Added on February 5, 2016
Last Updated on February 5, 2016
Tags: catfish, CorpusChristi, Texas, BlakeRyan, Zadanjaran


Author

Lastwords187
Lastwords187

Houston, TX



About
For the purpose of this page, I will be concentrating on Catfish, however I will still post other bits and pieces of my other stories as well. However the feedback I receive will help me when it come.. more..

Writing
I Am I Am

A Poem by Lastwords187