Chasing the Thought Away: 4

Chasing the Thought Away: 4

A Story by Laurynn Fuentes c:
"

*My part :D*

"
Jake

I slid the coins into the vending machine, pressing the corresponding letter and number with the drink that I wanted. As I watched the drink fall from the space it had once been in, I realized that this girl that we were visiting, her life could easily fall just like the drink.

I shook my head, grabbing the drink out of the machine and walking back to the girl's room. I opened the door, looking in and seeing Vic sitting down on the chair in the corner, with Laurynn resting her head on his chest. I smiled and went to sit down in another chair that was on the other side of the room.

Vic looked up at me, smiling, and then frowning. He must've thought the shuffling of my shoes was the girl stirring around in the bed. I sat down, staring at Laurynn and Vic intentionally, making sure that none of them cried. I looked towards Laurynn, furrowing my eyebrows.

"What's her name?" I asked, confused. Laurynn looked up at me, her piercing blue eyes looking through me.

"Emma," she said. "And I believe she'll wake up." I nodded, looking up at the girl. She had scratches all over her face, her shoulders, and she had a cast on her leg. This girl, Emma, she was scratched up, badly. I overheard Vic talking to the nurse once she walked in; he had asked her if there was any one else hurt in the accident. The nurse had nodded slightly, searching Vic for any emotions that she wouldn't be able to take. She explained to him who it was and how he or she died, but I couldn't hear the conversation while I walked to the vending machine.

"I believe she'll wake up, too. I mean, I know Laurynn and I don't know this girl," I said, walking over to her side and studying her. "But I bet she's stronger than she looks." Laurynn nodded, sliding out of Vic's arms and over to Emma's other side, studying her as well.

Even though Emma had cuts all over her face, she looked like the most beautiful girl I'd ever seen. I don't even know this girl; I didn't know her age, her voice, her personality, I barely knew her. But I do believe in love at first sight. So, you never know, maybe she was someone I'd fall for.


I looked at the time on my phone, nodding to myself and resting my head on my arm and dozing off. It was only 9:42 at night, but when you've been on tour for almost two months, the time changes get to you. As I dozed off, I listened carefully to Vic and Laurynn's conversation, even though Laurynn seemed to be dozing off as well. Vic must've noticed that we were tired, because he offered to take us home.

"No, I'm not leaving you, Vic," Laurynn said. "I'm going to be here for you if she does die." I nodded.

"Same here," I said, with a comforting smile. Vic half smiled, glad that he had friends that were there for him. I rest my head on my arms again, dozing off.

Laurynn went back to resting her head on Vic's chest, nodding in conformation with every word Vic had said. "Emma and I have known each other for ever, and her brother, he died from a car accident. The driver who had hit him was drunk, of course. He died just like Emma's boyfriend had died; snap of the neck and a quick death."

I scrunched my nose up, feeling sorrowful for Emma's boyfriend and her brother. This girl was very beautiful, and really thought I was falling for her. I widened my eyes as Laurynn shrieked, and Vic ran over to the side of the bed.

I looked towards the noise; Laurynn and Vic were on the left side of Emma's bed, staring at her. She must've been waking up. I smiled, walking towards her right side, studying her face, her eyes, her everything.

"Emma," Vic said carefully. "You…remember me, right?" I watched the two stare at each other. Her big, green eyes stared into Vic's chocolate, brown eyes. Emma nodded slightly.

"Vic," she whispered her voice a bit scratchy. She looked around the room, staring at Laurynn and furrowing her eyebrows. "Who…are you?" she said.

"Laurynn," she said, smiling. "I'm Vic's girlfriend." Emma nodded, looking at Jake and furrowing her eyebrows once more.

"And you?" she asked. I looked into her eyes, melting a bit.

"Uh…I'm...Jake," I stuttered. She smiled a bit, nodding. I looked towards Laurynn and Vic, smiling widely. I fell for her, already.


The next week, Emma was able to leave. Her cuts had already healed once we picked her up, but she still had a cast on. We'd have to take her to the doctors in another week to see if it's healed. I smiled as I watched Vic help her into the seat next to me. Laurynn sat in the passenger's seat, and Vic was driving. Once he made sure she was secure, he ran to his seat and got in, driving off.

"So, Emma," he said, looking back at her in the mirror. "How've you been?"

"Confused, a bit depressed, the normal," she said, sighing and looking out of the window. Vic nodded slightly, Laurynn following him.

"Well, I know what will cheer you up," Laurynn said, looking back at her. She stared at Laurynn, confused and a little frightened. "Let's go…somewhere!" she exclaimed, smiling.

"Where do you think we're going, honey?" Vic asked. Laurynn smiled at the word 'honey'. I looked at Emma, smiling as she looked up at me. She blushed and smiled back.

Maybe she liked me back, just as much as I liked her.

© 2012 Laurynn Fuentes c:


Author's Note

Laurynn Fuentes c:
Feedback please :D

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

61 Views
Added on April 9, 2012
Last Updated on April 9, 2012
Tags: Pierce the Veil, Vic Fuentes, Jaime Preciado, Mike Fuentes, Tony Perry

Author

Laurynn Fuentes c:
Laurynn Fuentes c:

Cincinnatti , OH



About
Hellurr there, my name’s Laurynn :D I’ve tried my hardest to get my story perfect for my likings and other people’s. And over the time I have tried and I’ve learned that it&rsq.. more..

Writing