Chasing the Thought Away: 14

Chasing the Thought Away: 14

A Story by Laurynn Fuentes c:

Laurynn

As I looked at the tile on the table, I wondered to myself what Vic and Jake would be talking about. Vic sat across from me, his big, chocolate, soft brown eyes staring at me, contemplating on what exactly he should say.

I sighed, looking at Jake and seeing the same thing. I knew what was going to happen, I knew what they would be talking about, I knew that they both were disappointed. My behavior lately, it's been rough, but I knew I could change, again.

Vic sighed and started off. "Laurynn," he said, looking at Jake and then to me. I looked up at him, watching his head twitch side to side. "We…need to talk." I stared at him, nodding as my heartbeat increased.

Jake nodded and interrupted Vic. "And remember, we aren't out to change you. We're here to help you," he said. Of course, start a hard topic with a phrase that meant bull. I clicked my nails against the table, waiting for Vic to go into his speech.

"Look, you probably already know why you're here, or why we're acting this way. But, Laurynn…your behavior lately, it's…" He trailed off for a moment, thinking of a word he should use without offending me.

"Unexpected," he said, nodding to himself. "And I don't know how to change it. This is your problem, not mine, but I love you, so now it is my problem. Laurynn, I don't want you to be the way that you were in high school." I sighed, leaning back in the chair, crossing my hands on my stomach and looking up at Vic like a lost puppy.

"I know, I know," I said. "And I'm sorry, I truly am," I lied. To be honest, I wasn't sorry. I was on a high just because of my behavior, and I didn't want to change.

"Laurynn, we're serious right now," Jake said, taking my hand off my stomach and holding it. He looked up as Emma crossed the threshold from the kitchen. "Good morning beautiful," he said. I scowled, looking up at Emma and smiling softly.

"Hello, morning bird," I said. She looked at me, blinking her eyes. "Never mind." I rolled my eyes and faced Vic.

"I'm serious Laurynn, don't do this anymore," he said. I shook my head as my phone dung. I grabbed it quickly as Jake reached out for it.

"This," I said, pointing to it. "Is mine. Not yours." I walked out of the kitchen quickly, grabbing my keys and walking outside.

"Laurynn, please!" Vic exclaimed, running outside towards me. I sighed as I opened the door, looking at him.

"What, Vic? What?" I said. He grabbed me, hugging me tightly.

"Please, don't leave to go where I think you're going," he said. I softened my eyes,
hugging him back lightly.

"Vic…let me go," I pleaded.

"No, not until you promise to not leave." I looked over Vic's shoulder towards the front door, where Jake and Emma were standing. I stared at Emma, pushing Vic off of me and getting in the car. I rolled my eyes and started the ignition.

It all happened in slow motion, but one, quick, swift move. Me starting the car up, backing out and staring at Vic with softened eyes. He looked back at me, surprised and desperate. I sighed, choking back the tears as I drove down the street, not wanting to look back at the house. But I looked back anyways.

Vic still stood in the driveway, staring at where the car once was, holding his arms out. His eyes were softened and a frown was painted on his face. I watched Emma walk towards Vic, hugging him tightly and shaking her head as she looked up at him. She said something, something I couldn't make out. But I could see Vic shake his head, before I turned the corner.

I balled my fists up, grabbing my phone and calling up Melissa and Brianna. They both answered, surprised and welcoming. "Hello?" they both said. I smiled softly as I heard their voices.

"Anyone up for a killing?" I asked, smirking evilly. I thought back to the first night I'd left to meet up with Melissa and Brianna. The looks on Ana's face the look of fright, the look of evil. I needed to smack it off her face.

"Who are we going to kill?" Brianna asked. I smiled.

"Who do you think?" I sighed, looking behind me and seeing Emma's car following me. "S**t," I spat.

"What's wrong?" Melissa asked. I shook my head.

"Vic's following me," I said, staring at the car behind me. "Look, are we going to do this, or no?" Brianna must've looked at Melissa, who must've nodded.

"Yeah, let's do this," they both said. I smiled with relief.

"You're going to have to pick me up from the rehabilitation center, though," I said, thinking of a plan.

"Whatever you say," they said, hanging the phone up. I smiled, turning the radio on and singing loudly to it.

Me, killing someone. Me, in a rehabilitation center. Me, doing what I'm doing. Me, insane. I'm insane. I swear, this was going to kill me.

And I'd be killing her.

© 2012 Laurynn Fuentes c:


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

114 Views
Added on April 11, 2012
Last Updated on April 11, 2012

Author

Laurynn Fuentes c:
Laurynn Fuentes c:

Cincinnatti , OH



About
Hellurr there, my name’s Laurynn :D I’ve tried my hardest to get my story perfect for my likings and other people’s. And over the time I have tried and I’ve learned that it&rsq.. more..

Writing