Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Compartment 114
Compartment 114
Chasing the Thought Away: 8

Chasing the Thought Away: 8

A Story by Laurynn Fuentes c:
"

*my part :D*

"
Laurynn

I jolted up as I heard a loud buzz fill the room. It was dark, with the nearest street lamp pouring through the slatted windows. The hum of the fan filled my ears, soothing me to sleep prior to the loud buzz. I looked around the room, trying to find the source of the buzz. I found it once it buzzed once more.

It was my phone, which was lying face down on the end table. I grabbed it, opening it and shielding my eyes. The light was too bright for my eyes. I let my eyes get used to the light, and then I looked at the phone. It was only midnight, and I had four text messages. Two were from Jaime, one of Vic's band members.

Hey, tell Vic for me that the next show is cancelled. Tony and Mike got sick, one of them read. I half smiled, feeling sorry for Mike and Tony. Hopefully they'd get better in time for the tour. I looked at the next text message.

The tour is moved to three weeks later, it read. I giggled to myself and shook my head. I then noticed that I still had two more text messages. So I looked through them. One was from a number I hadn't saved in my phone. And another text message was from a number I memorized clearly.

Hey, Laurynn. I heard that you're in NYC! That's great news! Oh, and btw, it's your old friend from high school. Melissa! We, the group that I'm with, were just wondering if you wanted to come to the bar that we're all at. We will gladly party with you. Just text me back and I'll give you the directions. I smiled, thinking to myself. I hadn't talked to Melissa in forever, and to think that she still had my number. I nodded, looking at the text once more and looking at Vic. I knew that he wouldn't like to wake up in the morning without me next to him, but I was bored.

I knew I wouldn't be able to go back to sleep. So, I quietly got out of bed, grabbing my iPod and playing it low. I picked another Pierce the Veil song. I sighed, rubbing my eyes and grabbing the clothes I'd packed for spending the night. I switched from my pajamas and into the clothes.

I then grabbed my makeup bag, applying it all on. When I was ready to go, I wore a really short cropped shirt. I didn't wear a camisole under it, so my tummy revealed out. I wore dark short shorts, with furry boots. My ears were decorated with feathered rings, and my wrists were covered in Jelly bracelets.

My eyes were rimmed thickly with eyeliner, of course, and my eyelashes were enhanced thickly with mascara, and a pair of fake eyelashes. I had a gold shimmer covering my eyes. I sprayed the bathroom I was in with the perfume I had, shaking around in it. I looked at myself in the mirror, smiling and nodding to myself.

I walked back into the guest room, grabbing my phone and looking at the end table that was closest to Vic. The car keys lay there, begging me to grab them and go off to the club. And I did as they begged for. I sighed, walking down the stairs quietly, trying not to wake Jake or Emma up, who were asleep on the couch.

I opened the front door slowly, walking out of it and closing it tightly and quietly. I walked towards the car, jumping into the driver's seat. As I put the keys into the ignition slowly, the radio blasted Vic's voice. I frowned a bit, turning it down and texting Melissa.

Hey, I'm taking your offer up. Where ya at? I asked. Within minutes, I got a reply.

Go to the Toxic Club, it read. I smiled, nodding to myself and driving off towards the club. I knew there was another text message I'd forgotten to read, but I didn't mind it anymore. Whoever it was, they'd call if it was important.


Once I reached the club, I saw that Melissa and another girl that looked distinctly familiar were standing with her. They were waiting for me, of course, and rushed towards the car as I got out. They smiled, looking at me up and down.

"Where have you been!?" Melissa exclaimed, hugging me tightly. "I've missed you so much, honey." I smiled.

"Melissa, calm down. I'm not a teddy bear," I said, giggling. She laughed.

"To me you are," she said. She looked towards the girl standing with her. "Oh, this is Brianna," she said, putting a paw on her shoulder.

I widened my eyes, hugging Brianna tightly. "I've missed you so much!" I exclaimed. Brianna and Melissa were in the clique that I had in high school, and Brianna and I were the closest. She smiled, hugging me back and laughing.

"I've missed you too," she said. She took out a carton of cigarettes, pointing the box towards Melissa, offering one to her. Melissa nodded, taking one. Brianna then pointed the box towards me, and I nodded.

I had a bad problem with smoking back in high school, and I was put into a rehab center because of it as well. Smoking cigarettes lead to smoking pot. Smoking pot lead to snorting coke. Snorting coke lead to an alcohol problem. But, I've had a long enough break from being sober. Vic never knew about my past, and I wouldn't tell him unless it became a problem again.

I looked at Melissa, putting the cigarette in my mouth and taking the lighter from her as she lit her cigarette. The smoke filled my lungs, making me close my eyes. I hadn't had this feeling in so long, it felt so good.

"Who else is here?" I asked, taking the cigarette out of my mouth and blowing the smoke
out of my mouth. Melissa and Brianna smiled, following me.

"Well, Sammy is here, Megan, Katie, and your other cousin is here. Oh, and Ana is here," Melissa said. I widened my eyes at the sound of that b***h's name. Ana would be getting a fistful of punch tonight. And it wouldn't be the kind that you drink.

"Great," I said. "I swear, if she f*****g pisses me off one time tonight, she's getting it," I spat. Brianna finished her cigarette, walking up to the club's doors and opening them. She left them opened for us as Melissa and I finished our cigarette, throwing them on the floor and stepping on them.

"Let's go," Melissa said with a sly smirk. For some reason, this didn't feel right.


After more than a couple of drinks, I was already drunk. I kept falling over things, and I kept hitting on guys I didn't know. I knew this wouldn't be right. Everyone else wasn't even drunk, except for Brianna.

Aaron, my cousin, had switched seats with Melissa and sat next to me. He grabbed my hand and pulled my chin to where I was looking at him in the eyes. My vision blurred and I giggled. He shook his head.

"Laurynn," he started. "Whatever you do, please…do not go back on your habits, okay?" he begged. I rolled my eyes and took a sip out of my Vodka.

"Yeah, whatever," I said. He looked at me.

"I'm serious," he stated. I nodded.


I checked my phone, reading the time. It read 4:00 in the morning. I'd been at the club with my friends for three hours already, and we were still partying. Melissa, Ana, Megan, Katie, and Sammy had already left. So, it was just Aaron, Brianna and I.

Brianna brought out three little packets, all filled with a white substance. I smiled, staring at the packets and grabbing one. Aaron looked at me with surprise, grabbing my hand and shaking his head as I looked up at him.

"I told you not to do this, Laurynn," he said. Brianna fell off her chair, passed out. "I swear, if you do this, you'll regret it Laurynn." I rolled my eyes and set the coke up. I grabbed a straw, putting it in one of my nostrils and snuffing the substance up.

Aaron shook his head. "I told you you'd regret it. I'm leaving Laurynn," he said, scooting out of his chair. I watched him leave the club, and once he left the parking lot, reality hit me. I was ten miles away from Emma's house, drunk, and a bit high. I was dressed like a s**t, and the only way home I could go was with someone who wasn't drunk.

And no one at the club was sober, at least the ones I could trust. I sat down on the floor, my back resting up against the wall and my head buried in my hands.

"Why did I do this?" I asked myself. I looked at my phone, seeing that it read 4:34 in the morning. Maybe Vic was up already. I opened the phone up, dialing the memorized number, tears staining my cheeks.

I waited for the other end to pick up, crying harder with every second that he didn't answer. Finally, he answered. His voice seemed groggy, like he woke up from the ringing. "Hello?" he answered, yawning.

"Vic," I said, crying harder. "I need you to…" I paused, sobbing and crying even harder.

"Laurynn?" he asked. "Where are you?" I sighed, trying to calm myself.

"I'm at a club, I need you to come and pick me up," I said. "Please…" He sighed.

"Why the f**k are you at a club, Laurynn?" he exclaimed. I winced at his words.

"I'm sorry, I'll explain when you get here, just…hurry. Please," I begged. He hung the phone up without saying anything else.


Twenty minutes passed by and he finally pulled into the club's parking lot. He got out of Emma's car, running up to me and engulfing me tightly in his arms. "Why the f**k are you here?" he asked. I stumbled a bit, shaking my head. "Have you been crying?" He took his thumbs and swiped away the makeup that stained my cheeks. I nodded slightly.

"I'm sorry, Vic," I said. "I can understand if you hate me, but please don't leave me." I started to cry again. He shook his head, hugging me again and combing my hair with his fingers.

"I'm not going to leave you Laurynn, you know that I love you," he said. "But, why are you at a club, drunk, smelling like smoke, with forty year old men, and dressed like a s**t?" he asked. I softened my eyes.

"I thought tonight would be fun," I said. He shook his head.

"And you were wrong," he said as I shivered. He took my hand, leading me to the car. "Let's get you home."

The last text I didn't read, read, Please, whatever you do, do not go to the club with Melissa. They'll try and bring back your bad habits. Just, don't come. You'll regret it if you do. And it was, of course, from Aaron.

He was right. My bad habits would act up again, and I would regret it.

© 2012 Laurynn Fuentes c:


Author's Note

Laurynn Fuentes c:
Feedback please :D
Laurynn's outfit: http://www.polyvore.com/laurynns_slutty_outfit/set?id=46730378

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

68 Views
Added on April 9, 2012
Last Updated on April 9, 2012
Tags: Pierce the Veil, Vic Fuentes, Jaime Preciado, Mike Fuentes, Tony Perry

Author

Laurynn Fuentes c:
Laurynn Fuentes c:

Cincinnatti , OH



About
Hellurr there, my name’s Laurynn :D I’ve tried my hardest to get my story perfect for my likings and other people’s. And over the time I have tried and I’ve learned that it&rsq.. more..

Writing