Cosmic Chapter 1

Cosmic Chapter 1

A Chapter by Lazerbagels
"

The introduction to all the characters.

"

Ego sum Inspectori Omnium. Video Omnia. Ego sum omnium. Dividimur. Vos revertetur. Cum finis venit, invenies me. Ego sum Inspectori Omnium. Video Omnia Ego sum Deus.

My name is Nium, I am no one important. I am a watcher, an observer, one who beholds. What am I? It is complex and difficult for you to understand. I am otherworldly. Outside your time and space, no I am not god. I am not an alien.  I am…Well, think of it this way, you live in an egg. Your reality, your universe, it’s in a metaphorical egg.  I, however, am outside the egg. I cannot explain my world outside your egg any more than you can explain your world to a chick in an actual egg.  Is this confusing?

 Ok, let me try again. You are a chick in an egg. Your world and all you know is in the egg. To you, nothing exists outside the egg. But me, for instance, I am a chicken outside walking around, eating corn or whatever. I am not the hen. The hen is the creator.  But forget that. Only when you break out can you know what exists outside your boundaries.  The only way out is death. When you die, you break free of the egg and live in my world.

But, in my world, things are different. It is like yours, except there are special positions. Like me, I am a watcher, one who observes your world, and on occasion, interferes a little. 

In this story, my good human friend Connor tells his tale. I will not interrupt his story often. After all, I am the watcher. But, I feel some backstory is required. Connor Winter was a “superhero.” (I may or may not have maybe caused that.) Unfortunately, Connor had a mental breakdown and turned into a super huge dick, he went all crazy and started killing people and whatnot. While Connor was nuts and breaking buildings, something got through to him, and he became a nice guy again. The crazy psycho mind frame was lurking under Connor subconscious, he could feel it. Connor agreed to not kill people for a full psychiatric evaluation.

This is where June Harper came into Connor’s life. June Harper can be credited with saving mankind from ultimate destruction. 

This is their story.  

 

 “Hello Connor."

                The woman glanced up from her clipboard. Her expression was tight. She closed the door behind her with a click and strode toward him. The doctor sat in the chair opposite of him.

“Hey Doc.”

 "My name is June Harper.”

                The doctor was nervous. He could feel it. Deep in her bones, covered by professionalism., however, she kept it masked. Not that he blamed her. Everyone seemed to be scared of him anymore.

Wasn’t always that way.

                Connor looked around the room, it was nice. He was sitting back on one of those futon looking couch things. The curtains were drawn. It was meant to make him comfortable, all the plants, the relaxing sounds, and the soft lighting.  Connor wasn’t fooled, he was positive the room had cameras galore, along with the microphones.  And that banana was definitely not a banana. They were watching him no doubt. The doctor snapped him back.

“Connor, tell me why you’re here.”

“You know why, I’m a threat to society. I’m crazy. I kill people.”

“You weren’t always that way.” the doctor said, echoing Connor’s thoughts.

“No, but I’m not him. He was someone else.”

“Who?”

“You know… him.

“I’m afraid I don’t understand.”

                The doctor cocked her head to the side, set the clipboard down, crossed her arms, and pursed her lips

"Ok, Ok, I get it. You want me to say it. I was Cosmik. I was the Great hero, selfless, caring, powerful, sixteen years old.”

 She smiled.

“What happened to you?”

Connor blew out a sigh.

“What happened?” Connor asked, “I’m not even sure what happened.”

“Just tell me when you stopped caring.”

Connor became frustrated. Why couldn’t he remember? The anger that became a part of him, and made him the way he was, lashed out violently.

“Why do you want to know? Just help me, why don't you quit being such a b***h?”

The doctor was unfazed.

“Look Connor, you can either answer my questions and cooperate, or go back to destroying cities and killing innocent people. I believe you came to us looking for help. We’re trying Connor. Let us try.”

Connor's anger was stifled, he was impressed. He sensed the fear radiating from the doctor, yet her desire to understand and help him was stronger. She deserved it, her will was strong.

Connor let the anger simmer down, he breathed and concentrated on the doctor.

“I can’t. I don’t remember how it happened. I just remember becoming different when I…”

“When you killed him.”

Connor looked at the floor.

“Yeah.”

“Connor, I’m not saying that he didn’t deserve it, but don’t you think it was the catalyst for your downward descent?”

“Who knows? Maybe, Probably. But what I did was right…right? F**k, I don’t know anymore.”

Connor Put his face into his hands and tried not to think too hard. The walls were closing in.

stop. stop. quit f*****g thinking.

“Well, first things first, why did you even come here Connor? You could just wipe out civilization.” She swept her palm in an arc. “And I honestly thought you would. What gave you the change of heart?”

Connor thought about the question, what happened?  Why was he here? Why was it so confusing? He Put his face down again rubbed his temples.

SOMONE STOP THESE MOTHERFUCKING WALLS. STOP. STOP IT.

"Connor? are you okay? Connor, tell me why you came here."

Connor's head cleared a little and he spoke again.

“I... I don’t know. My mind became a labyrinth of right and wrong. Eventually, killing an innocent man was justified somehow. I don’t know what happened, but something broke a hole in the maze walls of my mind. I realized what I was doing, I needed help. And that was you. I promised not to demolish anymore cities if I could just get some psychiatric help. Before I know it, I’m here.”

“So what broke this...wall?”

“That’s what I’m trying to remember. But if I think too hard about my mind before, I can feel the walls closing in again. Maybe they will regardless." Connor paused, "I need to break them down for good.”

The doctor pondered this. She eventually looked Connor in the eyes and said, “Well, it sounds like we need to think through everything that happened before you became aware again. Everything. All of it.

“Everything.” Connor repeated.

“I'll get us something to eat. This could take some time.”

The doctor left for precisely five minutes and twenty three seconds. He was counting. She returned with bags of chips and cans of soda.

"Grape or Orange?" the doctor asked.

"I'll take Grape."

"Okay Connor, whenever you're ready. From where it all started."

Connor crossed his legs, stretched his neck out, and popped it.

“Well, I guess it all started with Nium.”

“Who?”

“Sit back and listen doc, this is a long story.”



© 2014 Lazerbagels


Author's Note

Lazerbagels
I know the spacing is weird. And also the grammar, But forget that. Tell me how much you liked it, and where I need to improve.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This was very good. I really liked the first few lines "My name is Nium...I am not an alien." The way that was written is really amazing. So far it is really interesting. I like the words you use and how things are described. The only thing I think could be changed is the fourth paragraph when Nium is talking about Connor for the first time. The writing just becomes a little blunt compared to the rest of it but that could just be because it is a short backstory. This is just my opinion. Other than that, I think that was very well written. Nicely done.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Lazerbagels

10 Years Ago

Thanks, I agree with the bluntness, ill be fixing that soon. :D



Reviews

This was very good. I really liked the first few lines "My name is Nium...I am not an alien." The way that was written is really amazing. So far it is really interesting. I like the words you use and how things are described. The only thing I think could be changed is the fourth paragraph when Nium is talking about Connor for the first time. The writing just becomes a little blunt compared to the rest of it but that could just be because it is a short backstory. This is just my opinion. Other than that, I think that was very well written. Nicely done.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Lazerbagels

10 Years Ago

Thanks, I agree with the bluntness, ill be fixing that soon. :D

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

221 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on April 29, 2014
Last Updated on November 25, 2014
Tags: Teen, supernatural, Freaking awesome


Author

Lazerbagels
Lazerbagels

Litchfield, IL



About
Hi, I'm Josh. I'm not a real writer. But I plan to be one. (I bet aspiring writers are few on here) I am 16 years old, I like to write crazy outlandish ideas that feel and seem real. more..

Writing
Excerpt Excerpt

A Story by Lazerbagels