Cosmic Chapter 5

Cosmic Chapter 5

A Chapter by Lazerbagels
"

This is a redo of the previous chapter 5. I've completely redone it, I didn't like where it was going, I didn't like it at all really. This one continues from chapter 4.

"

We had no idea where we were. Isolated in the middle of what seemed like nowhere. I contemplated flying up to see if I could make out any distinguishing landmarks. Alex suddenly grabbed my shoulder,

“Connor listen.”

 Alex held his hand up for emphasis. I strained hard to hear. A subtle whooshing off in the distance, what was it?

“Is it water?” I asked Alex.

“No you dumbass, “it’s cars. We’re near a road.” He paused, “Sounds like it isn’t a busy one.”

“You wanna fly? Or just walk like a b***h?”

“I’ll walk thanks.”

“B***h.”

Alex and I trotted up a small grassy hill over toward the sound of the cars. The sun blinded us to the scene in front of us. We shielded our eyes and looked. There actually was a road about five miles off in the distance.

“You still wanna walk?” I snidely asked.

“Yeah, why not? It can’t be more than seven miles.” He responded.

“Psh, you’re so gay. Now that we can fly, you wanna walk. Only you Alex, only you.”

We strolled down the front side of the hill, thumping along the slope. We made small talk about boring topics that seemed different to me now. They all seemed open and achievable now, the football team? No doubt I’ll be starting. Money for college? I’m sure I could make a sideshow act worthy of money. Bullying? Not that I ever was, but now I look forward to it happening one day. Everything just seemed within my grasp.

I was lost in my thought when Alex refocused me.

“Connor, look, what’s going on up there?”

A small brown car had stopped abruptly in the middle of the road ahead. A man stepped out and was yelling at an unknown other. It was hard to make out, but I remember him yelling,

“Why do you do this?....You know….She wasn’t even there!”

After a bit of that, a woman got out from the other side. She heatedly strode up to him and got in his face. There was some more yelling on both parties and a lot of hand waving.

“No! No! You are a w***e! I know….Mark….Yes you did! Yes you did!”

“I have never talked to…just a friend!”

The man stopped and raked his fingers through his hair. The woman said one passing remark and began to walk away. The man’s head snapped up and he ran at her.

Alex looked at me with fear,

            “CONNOR DO SOMETHING!”

I remembered I had powers. But I stood there for a little longer and watched in stupid silence.

The man caught the woman and pulled her to him, he slapped her hard.

That kick started me into action.

I took off like bullet, running at the couple. I was moving tremendously fast. Pretty soon I stopped running all together and just flew above the surface.

The man had the woman on the ground and was screaming in her face. That’s when I saw the knife.

He brandished a pocket knife that he pulled from his pants. The woman looked to the side and saw me flying toward them. Her face was a mix of shock and confusion. She didn’t register what I was.

The man looked to see what she was so focused on.

He looked too late.

I flew head on into the man, a great flying tackle. I dragged him across the road a few feet and was on top of him.

“Drop the f*****g knife”

He didn’t seem to hear me, he coughed and wheezed and just kept saying, “Get off me.”

I got off him, but I kept my foot on his chest.  I bent down and grabbed his face.

“Hey a*****e.” He still coughed and tried brushing me off, he continued to cough.

“I said LISTEN!” I shouted so loudly that birds flew away. I guessed my diaphragm must be extra strong as well.

He was focusing now, he acted like it was the first time he even saw me. My tackle must have disoriented him.  

“What do you want kid?”

“I said, drop that knife.”

“What knife?”

“The one that- oh never mind it’s over there.”

He dropped it on impact.

“Stay here, I’m going to talk to her.”

I turned to the woman, her bruise was already showing. She looked at me with gratitude and fear, which is a weird combo. I walked softly over to her and touched her face.

“Are you okay?”

The man loudly announced, “Yeah she’s okay! She’s fine!”

“Be quiet.” I threw my hand behind me and made “be quiet” gesture.

“Are you okay?”

She looked up at me and squeaked,

“Are you going to hurt me? Please don’t”

My face crumpled, “I just asked if you’re okay lady! No, of course I’m not going to hurt you.”

She just nodded, she was still afraid.

I shook my head, what is the deal with this lady?

I walked over to where the knife was and I picked it up. It was a cheap thing, a flip open pocket knife. Couldn’t be worth more the thirty bucks, I examined the knife a little longer. I looked out toward a nearby corn field. I readied my arm and threw it as far as I could. The knife sailed off into the distance and disappeared from view.

“Hey! That cost me fifty dollars!”

I smiled, “Well my friend, then you got ripped off, because that thing was a piece of junk. I think lawsuits and other problems you’ll be facing, like attempted murder, will be more pressing to you than a s****y knife.”

I looked to her for confirmation that she would take this to the authorities. She looked at me and gained steel in her eyes. She looked back to him.

“He’s right Scott. You’re in trouble now.”

“Ay you piece of s**t kid, this isn’t even your business!”

He started to get up.

I warned him, “Dude, that’s not a good idea.”

“F**k you.”

He was on his feet and ready to fight. He charged me in what he thought was as surprise attack. I was ready. He threw a fist at me. I batted it aside and shoved him back down with my other hand. He landed hard on his a*s and let out an

“Umph!”

“How the hell are you so strong kid?”

I shrugged and turned back to the woman, she had all traces of fear gone from her face.

“Thank you.”

I smiled and said. “You’re welcome, now call the police, If you like I’ll stay with you until they get here.”

She nodded and dialed  911. I sat and talked with her until the police got there. Once I saw the police in the distance, I stood up and started back to where I last saw Alex.

“Wait! Who are you?”

“Me? Uh, my name is… uh, Alex Gramm.”

Before she could say more I flew into the air away from her.

I heard a voice cry out from beneath me,

“Hey! What did you just say?! I heard that a*****e!”

It was Alex, he was hiding around there somewhere, and then he was running after me.

I laughed and glided down to him.

The woman and the man were both looking at us funny. And the sirens were getting closer.

I grabbed Alex by the waist and flew back to the hill we came from. I set him down and then sat on the top of the hill, I watched the police arrive on the scene minutes later.

“Sorry to put us back here Alex, but I needed to see if she was still safe.”

“Why the f**k did you give her my name? You’re a f*****g cocksucker!”

“Oh yeah, I don’t know. I just didn’t want her to know who I really was.”

“So you thought it was a better idea to give her my name? Why not just say, Jack Nicholson?”

“Relax you queef.”

“Man, the cops are gonna think I did this.”

“And that’s a bad thing?”

“Yeah dude! It kind of is! What if they show up at my house and experiment on me?”

“That won’t even happen.”

“If it does, you have to tell them it was you.”

“Okay fine, deal.”

He seemed more at ease after that. Then he laughed and said,

“Dude, let’s tell Blake you said his name!”  

“We’re lost.”

“Oh yeah.” 



© 2014 Lazerbagels


Author's Note

Lazerbagels
I didn't like the old chapter 5 at all. So I redid it. I think it's alot better, If haven't read the old one, good. It sucked.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Hahaha. I liked the old one as well. but this is better. I like that he used his powers for good. thoooo I still liked the whole BLake could fly too. lol. haha Keep it up I cant wait to see more.

Posted 9 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

130 Views
1 Review
Added on July 11, 2014
Last Updated on November 25, 2014
Tags: Teen, Superhuman, awesome


Author

Lazerbagels
Lazerbagels

Litchfield, IL



About
Hi, I'm Josh. I'm not a real writer. But I plan to be one. (I bet aspiring writers are few on here) I am 16 years old, I like to write crazy outlandish ideas that feel and seem real. more..

Writing
Excerpt Excerpt

A Story by Lazerbagels