Cosmic Chapter 4

Cosmic Chapter 4

A Chapter by Lazerbagels
"

SPOILER ALERT: Connor flies.

"

After sleeping in the madhouse for the night, we got up and went back to my home for pancakes. Pancakes are a big deal at my house. Anytime friends stay over my mom made pancakes. I don’t know why. We never asked. I led the charge to the house, once we got to my back porch I signaled to stop.

“Guys, you think I can dash up the stairs?” I asked.

Blake answered in a hushed tone, “What? Dude, you can’t be flippin’ that s**t around all willy nilly! What if your parents or like, the police see you?”

“Calm your tits bertha. My mom’s busy making the cakes, and my dad’s asleep.”

Alex laughed and cheered me on.

“Go Connor! You can do it!”

 I grinned and gave a goofy thumbs up, “Thanks Alex.”

I mentally prepared myself for what I was about to do.

Ok just dash at the stairs and you’ll probably go up.

 I made a noise like, “Hngh!”

And flew at the stairs, again the world blurred and the stairs came at me, I felt my legs go through the wood, I heard the sound of the crunch. The world snapped back and I was faced with a pile of broken wood.

“Oooooh shiiiit!” Alex exclaimed, he covered his mouth and laughed his a*s off.

The little wooden stairs that led up to our patio were now shattered two by fours. I looked at Blake, but he just gave me an “I told you” face. We decided the best thing would be to hide the debris and pretend it never happened.  After sweeping woodchips away and throwing the big pieces into the woods, I announced that dashing again would be a good idea.

“Ok, I think I can dash up to the patio, like a brief diagonal flight”

Blake shook his head, “I’m done trying to convince you.”

Alex smiled even bigger, “Do it! Do it!”

Before Blake could change his mind I dashed to the ledge, I zipped off the ground and my feet connected with the concrete edge in a split second. 

“Hey guys, how did that look?”

Alex answered, “Dude, it straight up looks like your teleporting there.”

“Nice.”

Blake added, “Connor, how far can you go?”

“I don’t know.”

I thought about it, I thought there was no limit. But there was only one way to find out.

“Let’s test it.”

I stood at the edge and tried to dash far into the woods. I flew at the trees but stopped short about twelve feet away. I dropped the distance that I was when I dashed off the patio.

“How far was that?”

Blake ran up to me, “I don’t know, about ten feet maybe, around there for sure.”

“Aw, man, that’s not that far.”

“Shut the f**k up, I can’t go one foot, so quit complaining.”

Alex waved us down from approximately ten feet away, “Hey you dicks, pancakes remember?”

“Oh yeah, I’ll be there in about point oh nine seconds.”

I ran a little ways and dashed up the ledge again.

“That’s so f*****g cool.” Alex said in awe.

After the others climbed up, because they couldn’t dash like a badass, we slid open the sliding door to be greeted by a pancake odor.

My mom called from down the hall, “Boys? Is that you? Pancakes are ready!”

Alex answered, “Yeah it’s us Mrs. Winter.

“Come in and get some of these hot tamales!”

That was my mom, she always said things she thought sounded cool. My mom liked to act cool around young people. I guess moms are just like that.

We ate pancakes because pancakes are tasty as f**k. After, we ran back out into the woods so I could be a badass. 

“Hey kids, what are you doing out there?” my mom asked.

“Just doing…ah…nothing.” I replied.

“Well, okay…don’t hurt yourselves.”

“Okie dokie momma.”

I turned away and proceeded into the forest followed by my sidekicks.

I yelled, “Race you to the madhouse!”

“What?! Not fair!” one of them said.

I sped off pumping my legs faster and faster, I ducked under branches and hurdled logs, I was going faster than I had even moved before.

I spotted a branch up on a tree trunk. I sprinted toward a log, planted my foot on it and sprung high into the air at the branch. I flew at it and latched on, swinging my feet up and over the branch. I arced my legs back down again and swung off the branch. The momentum carried me into a sweet, slow backflip. I dropped to the ground looked back at the branch.

That was cool

“Connor! Hey, Connor! What the hell?” Alex came running up.

“Why didn’t you wait up dickface?” Blake arrived soon after.

They were doubled over, hands on their knees, panting their lungs out.

“Oh, sorry I forgot about you guys.”

“Whatever, let’s test your powers dude” This was Alex of course.

“Okay” I answered, “What do you think I should try.”

“Um, telekinesis?”

“Move things with my mind? Okay I guess.”

I glanced around the forest. I looked past the dense leaves and sticks to find a sizeable log. I crunched the leaves pacing around.

Finally I found a little branch thing.

I focused my mind on the branch and tried to move it. I pushed with all my mental power. Nothing happened.

“No telekinesis.”

“Damn. How about invisibility?” Blake seemed disappointed.

“I can try.”

I tried making myself invisible somehow. I strained and sucked, attempting to make myself clear. It also didn’t work.

“Guys, I don’t think I can do anything else.”

“Noooo!” Alex whined, “At least try to fly.”

I sighed, “Okay, but only for a laugh.”

I shook my arms and bounced on my toes like a boxer. I looked up into the tree tops and thought about flying. How could one initiate flight? I tried speeding off into the sky, but it didn’t work. I tried a sort of jump that lasted as long as I wanted, but that failed too. I started imagining flight, and what it’d be like if I could. I imagined myself as a bird high up, floating weightlessly.

“Holy s**t! Holy s**t Connor!”

“Holy s**t! Dude! Connor! Oh my f*****g god!”

“What!?’ I yelled, I was trying to imagine flight. They were ruining my concentration.

Wait…

Had I gotten taller? Everything seemed lower. Then, of course, I understood. I looked down to see my Nike’s touching empty air.

“Oh my…” was all I could say.

“Connor! Maybe you should come down!” of course this was Blake.

“No f**k that dude! Go higher!” Guess who that was.

I gave my second thumbs up of the day and looked through the leaves into the blue sky. It was tough to get moving. It was like using another limb that grew out of nowhere.

First, when I tried flying into the air, I jerked violently to the left and smashed another tree.

“Aw f**k.” I grumbled.

I tried again but my legs went first and I was flying upside down. Once righted, I tried once more. I finally managed to fly correctly. I was zooming through the foliage and into the open sky.

“Yeah Connor! Go pick up some food! I’m hungry!’

“Yeah!” I screamed back, “And f**k you, you just had pancakes a*****e!”

I continued, “Hey one of you guys grab my back! I’ll give you a ride!”

Blake answered, “No way dude!’

Alex also answered, “F**k yeah! I’ll do it!”

I shook my head at how typical they both were. I gently floated down next to them.

“Get on Alex.” I gestured to my back.

He didn’t need a second prompt, he climbed on and held tightly. He rocked back and forth kicking my sides,

“let’s go cocknugget! Up up and away!”

“Quit humping me b***h!”

We both laughed and I glided up a little ways out of the trees.

“Man, this is so great, I’m beyond jealous.”

I was kind of embarrassed that I could do it and they couldn’t. So I took off like a bullet, speeding over trees and through the dense blue sky.

“Ahhhhhh! Hooooolllllyyy fuuuuuuck!” He screamed.

The wind battered us and the clouds flickered by. I caught glimpses of the ground under the trees.

I let out a primal scream from the bottom of my soul, “Whooooaaaaaaahhhh!”

The sky was my playground and we played in it. I did backflips and corkscrews, I flitted into the clouds and was enveloped by them. Passing birds didn’t seem to care that we were human.

“Hey dude! I’m slipping, let’s go down!” Alex yelled.

“Okay don’t fall!”

I floated down to the ground slowly like an angel. We touched down in some meadow.

“Alex, where are we?”

“Uhh, I don’t know.”

We sat in confusion until I came up with a solution.

“Let’s find a road, then we can make our way back.”

“Yeah we ca"OH S**T!”

“What?”

“We forgot Blake dude! We ditched him!”

“Oh s**t!” I echoed.

“I hope he doesn’t get pissed.”

“You know he will. But whatever.”

“Dude look at this place man, it’s pretty.”

We panned around and enjoyed the beautiful meadow we were in. The sun hit the grass just right, and the vibrant greens and yellows popped out from the blue sky.

Alex stared at me, “Connor, what you can do… It’s really just amazing.”

I stared back at him for a little. Then I agreed.

“Yeah, Yeah it is.” 



© 2014 Lazerbagels


Author's Note

Lazerbagels
So, I'm a little disappointed in myself with this one. I know it's not that good. Sorry.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

This story just keeps getting cooler, Keep it up

Posted 9 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

168 Views
1 Review
Added on May 22, 2014
Last Updated on November 25, 2014


Author

Lazerbagels
Lazerbagels

Litchfield, IL



About
Hi, I'm Josh. I'm not a real writer. But I plan to be one. (I bet aspiring writers are few on here) I am 16 years old, I like to write crazy outlandish ideas that feel and seem real. more..

Writing
Excerpt Excerpt

A Story by Lazerbagels