Chapter 2

Chapter 2

A Chapter by Chain of Hearts
"

Where was she going?

"
Chapter 2

I pulled into a parking spot. At 17, I was pretty swift with my driving.
Well at least that’s what dad used to say.
I opened the door and stepped out of my car.
“Where did my vaseline go?” I mumbled as I rummaged through my purse.
“And if it wasn’t the star, Julie Martin!” A voice declared behind me.
I turned around.
No, why did it have to be him?
The biggest flirter, bully, football star, teaser…Jerry. Why the heck was he here?!
“Well aren’t you going to answer?” He laughingly asked me as he glanced at his friends.
“Hey.” I said nervously.
“What are you doing at the library?”
Why would he ask me such a ridiculous question? He knew that I was the class nerd; the hard-working kid! Was he just playing around or something?
 How should I answer? Should I play it as if I’ve changed into the cool, preppy kid, or act normal?
“Just grabbing some books. How about you?” I asked.
“Same thing.” He said, snickering with his friends.
I turned as if to walk into the library.
“And where do you think you’re going?” Jerry said as he grabbed my shirt.
“Let go!” I yelled in fear.
“You can’t get away.” He said, laughing.
“Hey! What do you think you are doing?!” A girl exclaimed from behind me.
It was Jerry’s girlfriend, Laura. She was wearing a tight-fitting black dress that went way too far above her knees.
“Just havin’ some fun babe.” He charmingly said.
“That didn’t exactly look like you were just ‘having some fun’! I hope there is nothing going on between you and this girl-”
“Hey! There is nothing going on between us!” He yelled.
I took the opportunity to slip out of Jerry’s grasp as I walked towards the front door of the library.
All I heard from behind me was voices yelling at each other. Presumably Jerry and Laura fighting.
I walked into the cozy library which had a sweet-smelling aroma. Now where were the history books located?
Oh yes.
Behind the fiction shelf right beside the DVD aisle.
“Hello Miss.Ferguson.” I said as I nodded politely.
“Oh hello dear! How are you doing today?”
“Um, alright I guess.” I stuttered.
“You poor thing! Something seems to be going on, eh?”
“Oh, nothing… Sorry but I need to get some history books now.” I answered.
“Well remember you can talk to me about anything hun.” She coaxed.
I nodded as I started to walk toward the History book aisle. I selected a few books, some weighing a ton, and walked towards the checkout desk.
I swiped my library card under the scanner and started to scan the books.
Then I walked outside and slowly went over to my car, checking that the boys were gone.
Satisfied, I climbed into my car and started the engine.
I flipped radio stations until I arrived to a Christian gospel channel.
“Awe no…” I mumbled disagreeably.
I didn’t feel like having another person tell me how I was so wrong in what I am doing, and how I need to ‘turn my life around or I will go to hell’. Like seriously?! Why do they think I would believe that?
I flipped radio stations until I came to the channel I usually listened to. The music blared as I sang along.
“And do not forget that I’ll be waiting on your doorstep. Cuz’ I love you more than the sun...babe!”
People stared at me from passing cars, but I didn't care.
When I reached the turn that would take me home, I decided to keep going straight. What would be the point of going home? All that would happen is my mother would take me for a ‘girly time’ day that would be a disaster. I’m not 8 anymore! I’m 17, and don’t need all that stuff in my life.
I kept going straight until I reached an intersection. Where should I turn? Left, right, or keep going straight?
Where was I anyway?
I had a weird tingling in my toes that spread up into my fingers. It was like a prickly sensation telling me to do something.
But what?
I turned right as I rounded the corner of a building. The beating of my heart came quicker now in short, quick pumps, making me feel as if my chest would burst.
I was driving closer and closer to a street that was coming close fast.
And then it hit me.
I know where I am.
I had known all along.





© 2015 Chain of Hearts


Author's Note

Chain of Hearts
What do you think of the second chapter?

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
dan
C.O.H., I'm anxious to see where she was going. Do the history books have something to do with her destination? Hmmm...I'm glad she got away from that a*****e jock. Muscle-Head! Don't forget to send me chapter 3, OK? Nice story so far, keep it up friend. take care...dan

Posted 9 Years Ago


This comment has been deleted by the poster.
sounds like a normal teenage girl,i enjoyed the read,you never found your vaseline

Posted 9 Years Ago


This comment has been deleted by the poster.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

117 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 24, 2015
Last Updated on April 18, 2015


Author

Chain of Hearts
Chain of Hearts

Alberta, Canada



About
Hey pals! So welcome to my page, I hope you take an interest in my writing- I will definitely look into yours. -------------------------------------------------------------------- TAKE NOTE: Pl.. more..

Writing