Chapter 3

Chapter 3

A Chapter by Chain of Hearts
"

Find out where she is going...

"
Chapter 3

I drove closer and closer.
The ground seemed to zoom under me as my car flew past. What would happen once I reached my destination?
The car came to an abrupt stop as I parked in front of the building. It seemed to tower over me with a forceful power.
I silently crept out of my car, making sure to close the door as quietly as I could. I yelped as voices started to talk behind me.
I hid beside my car, crouching so low that I could feel the dampness of the gravel road.
Once I felt sure that there were no more people, I swiftly ran up to the front door.
The door creaked as I opened it, but thankfully there were no people around. As I stepped into the building, rock music suddenly blared into my ears. People were seen cheering and applauding to the music as they drank out of their beer bottles.
I groaned. Why the heck was he here?! Well of course I knew why he was here. That boy, Jackson, who was singing on the stage with his band, was my ex-boyfriend. We had dated when we were in eighth grade, but after two weeks I realized that that was the biggest mistake I had ever made.
Does he still like me? I don’t know, and I don’t care. I wasn’t allowed to date, but with my parents fighting, I had felt the need to show my disrespect towards them somehow.
But I never knew that they would have turned out divorcing.

My mind suddenly drifted off as I remembered how my life had been in grade 8.

I ran to my room.
“Julie, you come back here right now!!” My mother called.
I ignored her and silently crept up the stairs. I shut the door noiselessly behind me, and threw myself onto my bed. Why do they have to fight like that?! They are like monsters!
Voices were heard from downstairs, shouting and screaming at each-other.
“You do not understand what she means to me! You never have time for us as a family, so stop being so selfish! Go ask her if you need to!” My father yelled.
“Well now you are just accusing me of something I have never done! I always spend time with you and Julie! Its you that is the problem! I don’t have time for you because you don’t have anytime for me!” Mother shouted.
“Now you are just avoiding the truth of what I said!” He snapped back.
I cried for what felt like an eternity until my eyes felt like they would burst.
Why? Why my family?
“I am never getting into a relationship ever!!” I screamed.
Suddenly my parents got silent. I sat up, on my guard as to what had happened. My ears listened attentively for any sign of life downstairs.
I jumped as someone knocked at my door.
“W-Who’s there?” I whispered.
“Honey I’m sorry. Can I come in?” My mother murmured.
I didn’t answer, but reluctantly walked towards the door.
“Can you open it now?” She complained.
I pulled open the door to see my mother and father, standing arms width apart.
“What?” I asked.
“I’m sorry that you have to go through this. But you don’t need to make such an abrupt decision about relationships.” My mother coaxed.
“What decision?”
“About how you never want a relationship.” She moaned.
My blood started to boil, with my anger rising to its highest peak.
“Its none of your business what decisions I make! All you ever do is scream at each other like monsters every single day! Now leave me alone!!” I yelled.
“No, Julie, please! It’s just your father…he’s too stubborn to realize how dumb this fight is and-”
“You are blaming me?! How dare you! You were the one who turned against us-” My father interrupted.
“Us?! Julie is my daughter too! And you are just a hypocrite blaming me that…”
I slammed the door in their faces as they shouted at each other. This was what is had been like for 3 weeks. Or maybe even longer, but I had not known about it.
I have to get out of this blinkin’ house! Where should I go?
Maybe the skate park across from my school.
My room was great for escaping from the house; it had a balcony which I would climb down from and onto the sidewalk. I’d been doing that for weeks now- well since mother and father started fighting and I felt the need to get out of the house.
I walked over to the two glass doors and opened them. A gentle breeze met me as I tiptoed to the end of the balcony with my purse bouncing against my thigh. I swung my legs over the ledge, and hopped down onto the roof. After walking to the bottom, I jumped down swiftly onto the paved sidewalk.
“Oh hey Julie!”
“Ah!” I screamed as I turned around, and then saw him. He was so attractive with his brown locks and sparkling brown eyes.
Okay, lets just say he was my best friend.
When we moved here the year before, he was the first to befriend me at school. After that we had become best friends-not more than that, but we were close.
“Haha, sorry I didn’t mean to scare you.” He said, “Where you going?”
“Oh, just the skate park. You?”
“Well, same thing.”
“Are you sure you were going there?” I asked, giggling.
“Yes, yes! I was and I am.” He said while raising his hands in mock surrender.
I started to walk down the sidewalk, occasionally looking behind me to see if he was following.
“Are you coming Jackson?” I asked.
“Yep, wouldn’t be walking by myself.”
Once we reached the skate park, he turned towards me.
“Ahh, Julie?” He nervously asked.
“Yes?” I replied, distracted.
“Can I, well, talk to you?”
“It looks like you already are, aha.”
He laughed nervously, without the slightest bit of humor in it. So he was serious. Why? I didn’t do anything wrong did I?
Oh look! That skateboarder did a triple flip! That is sick!
“Julie? Are you paying attention?”
“Oh, yeah. Sorry.” I murmured as I stared in awe at another skateboarder.
“Ok, can we first maybe go somewhere less, loud?”
“Sure.” I said as I followed him to a range of trees. “So what is it? Have I done something wrong?”
“No, no! It’s just…I wanted to ask you something that I’ve been thinking about for a long time.” He stuttered while rubbing the back of his neck nervously.
“Ok.” I squeaked out. Did I know what was coming? Or did I?
“Would you like to..ahh…well…?” He asked.
“Just spit it out!” I said, laughing.
Why was he so serious anyway?
“Well would you like to go on a date with me?” He mumbled.
What on earth?! Why the heck would he ask me such a stupid question?! We’ve been friends, and I never knew that he ever wanted to be more than that!
I pondered the question. Mother and father told me I wouldn’t be allowed to date until I was 16, and I’m 13!
Wait a minute.
Why should I listen to anything they are telling me when they are already disrespecting me so much!?
“Of course.” I replied, smiling.
“Really? You will?” He answered, with a relieved look on his face.
“Why wouldn’t I?”
“Do you want to go to Booster Juice and get some juicy smoothies?” He asked.
“Yes that would definitely satisfy my hunger.” I giggled.

Later on I realized he was an idiotic player who had dated everyone in my class. Well only the girls. I think.
He was really cute and took me to some nice places, but he always seemed to find time to flirt with some other girl when he thought I wasn’t around.
I went to school one day to see him chatting with a new girl in the other class, but, of course, once he saw me he immediately stopped and ran to me.
“Hey babe! You’re finally here. I’ve been waiting for hours!” He said, as he pinched my cheek affectionately.
“You back off!” I snapped at him.
“Julie, what’s the grumpiness for?” He said as he laughed.
“Yeah? You think its grumpiness? Like what I saw you doing over there did not offend me? So its just grumpiness?”
“No its not what it looks like-”
“I don’t care what you think it looks like, but to me it looks like we are done.” I yelled as I stomped away.

Why do I need to be in a relationship anyway? They are all jerks just like my mom and dad.

“Julie? Julie Martin?” A man said behind me.
I clicked out of my dreamy state and realized that the music had stopped. I turned around to see Jackson, more than ever, but most likely still the player he had been in grade 8.
His body had taken a look manly look with his broad shoulders, muscular arms, and a tall height.
“Hello Jackson.” I mumbled without a hint of friendliness.
“You look beautiful! You have changed so much over only 4, 5 years?”
“I’m 17, and thank you. Now I must be going.” I replied.
Why was I here anyway?
“Guess I’m a year older than you. Why go now? I only have one more song left.”
“Oh, so you’re a musician now?”
“No, not a musician. I’m a singer that sings with my band!” He yelled with enthusiasm.
“Wow, wow. Great career! You have become such a mature young man! Now its time for us to throw roses at your feet.” I said sarcastically.
“Actually that would be pretty nice! Your rose would be the most treasured of all though babe!”
“Shut up! I was being sarcastic, and don’t call me babe!”
“Sorry, babe!” He said as he smirked.
“You know what? You are a dumb man who takes advantage of woman in anyway you can! Now leave me alone!”

I stormed out of the building, hopped into my car and drove away with a screech from the tires.














© 2015 Chain of Hearts


Author's Note

Chain of Hearts
Sorry this entry is so long...Hope you enjoy! And please, feel free to comment any things that should be fixed up (in grammar etc.)! A piece of writing will always have room to improve!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Teen angst… always so difficult, and so quickly written off by adults around them as just teen stuff…

Posted 9 Years Ago


a great chapter and sounds like a typical teen

Posted 9 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

319 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 18, 2015
Last Updated on April 18, 2015


Author

Chain of Hearts
Chain of Hearts

Alberta, Canada



About
Hey pals! So welcome to my page, I hope you take an interest in my writing- I will definitely look into yours. -------------------------------------------------------------------- TAKE NOTE: Pl.. more..

Writing