Epilogue

Epilogue

A Chapter by Dylan L. T. Goodman
"

A short entry on how the world works, what brought it on, and who the stpry follows.

"
In The Name Of Atom
By Dylan L. T. Goodman

Epilogue

It was a Tuesday when the skies lit across the world. The bombs flew from all continents in all directions and it all added up to the ending of life as the humans knew it. Many never knew why or knew that the bombs were falling at all, but none the less, they all fell on that same Tuesday without any looking back. The humans, who had faced hardships and disasters countless times before; they were the ones that turned out to be their own downfall.
Upon this day, humans had forfeited the Earth and killed all life upon it that couldn’t withstand the bombs. Long before this day, a pact was forged and in it, it was spoken that angels and demons alike would inherit the Earth should this day ever come. Angels would be born anew and would be given three gifts of powers that would come at birth, at puberty, and in a time of a single choice of great need. The demons were stuck with grotesque forms and would not give birth but have to sculpt their kin out of the minerals of the Earth and only had one gift that was chosen for them at the time of their sculpting.
The first angels and demons were separated by land and were left with the same nuclear wasteland that the humans had created but the radiation and toxic nature was part of their immunities. Some creatures survived but were left mutated and shadows of their former selves. Not many creatures survived and those that did were unknown to those who watched the world before the bombs dropped. The angels formed tribes and eventually tried to cultivate farms and homes and the years rolled on and nothing was quite as hard as life was for the humans.
This story follows the angel who abandoned his name and renamed himself Atom after that which killed the humans as he thought it paid them homage. Atom watched the day the bombs dropped and he watched a woman planting daisies in her garden. The blast hit without her even feeling the warmth and her spirit fade. Heaven and hell now held all the souls of humanity and the souls of the tormented became those of demons whom would never know they had ever felt joy or been a human before. Atom wept as the souls of humanity filled their final resting places and angels fell to their new home.
Atom leads a tribe of his own and holds within him a great power that will one day become the most important power of them all. This power was a second birth gift and only he had its power. Atom could leave his body and enter a garden with a fountain that shown images in its waters that came from his father. This gift came to Atom at the cost that he not speak of it until the time came when he was given a mission and through this he could guide the angels to great lives beyond the wastes of a broken world.
His tribe was known as the Children of Woe and his goal was to lead all angels, not just his own tribe, to one day become a beautiful reflection of what the humans were at times and could have been. This peaceful purpose drives Atom and his tribe and they act as intermediaries between multiple other tribes as Atom knows all that he sees in the fountain of his father. The tale begins with the birth of a new angel named Penelope and the celebration of her birth within the tribe.


© 2019 Dylan L. T. Goodman


Author's Note

Dylan L. T. Goodman
This is the first chapter and introduction into a long journey

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

46 Views
Added on January 13, 2019
Last Updated on January 13, 2019
Tags: Epilogue, In The Name of Atom, Chapters, Dylan L. T. Goodman


Author

Dylan L. T. Goodman
Dylan L. T. Goodman

Council Bluffs, IA



About
I began my writing at an early age when I would watch movies and send my grandmother books I made based on what I had seen. During middles school, I began to find my passion when a certain teacher sho.. more..

Writing