Chapter Two: Prosperity in Woe

Chapter Two: Prosperity in Woe

A Chapter by Dylan L. T. Goodman
"

The chapter shows the growth and changes in the novel and introduces much more

"
Chapter Two: Prosperity in Woe

In the months after the attack on the city of Woe, things began to calm down. The fight between east and west seemed to almost completely halt and the demons seemed to have all gone underground. This lull in violence made way for a new way of thinking in terms of rebuilding the planet back to the way things were and even better.
Being able to build something without lifting a finger was a boon to the ways the angels lived and in a short time, small cities like Woe, became giant figures of skyscrapers and monuments. Testaments to the humans that came before, monuments were built in the honor of great peace keepers who tried to unite people instead of destroy. Soon land masses were constructed to bridge the gap between contents and even begin the makings of cities under the oceans. Radiation and pollution were filtered via machines and eventually angels emerged with gifts to absorb these things and use them like massive fuel systems for their own bodies defensive mechanisms.
Economies began to emerge and only acted as a simpler way to understand what lead to one thing or another as a large figure in the humans final war was the economies they relied upon. Jobs became a thing of study to understand better the efforts humans put forth in all their ways. Jobs like technology driven pursuits, archeology, farming, and expanding the world’s biodiversity all became important aspects of angelic life. Very fast, angels realized they could breathe underwater and even those who could fly found they could do so without worry on breathing into the outer atmospheres and even to the moon.
This new found ability made for boons in creativity as only heat and other such things were a concern but still not needed. Angels seemed to only be harmed physically and even then, the force needed to be very strong to prove fatal to and angel. The oceans became a new force of life as cities constricted below were made with water technologies like a waterfall in a room became a hologram interaction station and creatures like manta-rays and whales became friendly telepathic creatures that could tell of their past lives in the ocean. Reefs came back to life, animals of all kinds, even mythological creatures were given life like unicorns and minotaurs.
Space became a new frontier and the solar system began filling with cities preceded by atmospheres and biomes made from a planet’s unique style or a moon’s unique perspective upon it’s beholden planet. Observatories were made as far as Pluto and still, the angel’s lust for creation and learning knew no boundaries. At some point, the demons gave up the fighting and only wanted homes to call their own and came flooding from the planet onto other planets and the angels choose to give them a chance. Peace was made and even the demons that wanted to fight rested their battles and became citizens in their own cities angels even helped make for them.
Angels and demons began to usher in a new age and this was known as the ‘Garden Era’ where angels and demons taught one another, thought there was some fighting, the worst of it was like a spat between groups over things like resources and land. The angels always solved their problems by creating vast recourse pits and mining stations so the demons could work for what they needed. Some became lovers and little Penelope became one of those at age seventeen, she began to fall for a demon in her human history class named Scythe. The two weren’t and immediate match until Scythe showed up to a show and tell with his pet and best friend who was a robot named Codey that could shoot lasers and fly.
Codey was a demon infused AI robot that could think and could feel and as soon as Penelope’s teddy bear Benge and Codey met, the two began arranging play dates where the two would spar against each other and that’s where the angel and demon found a common spark that began a twinkle of love. Atom served at their wedding ceremony where Codey and Benge were the ring bearers and this marked the first wedding between an angel and a demon. They lived in a homestead at age twenty on Mars and together came up with creature designs for other angels to make. Life within the entire solar system was booming and all thought to be lost to hatred was rebuilt upon love.
Soon came a new found threat though, a demon planet came into the solar system and began to destroy homes and slaughter entire cities. The planet itself was a demon that was always hungry and never found anything alive it did not try to devour save for the minion demons upon it’s surface. This planet came to be known as Hunger and a new war broke out just to try and destroy this foe from another solar system and bring peace once more to the Sol system. Armies came into being and the angel and demon alliance gave way to the Solar Force Army that fought to destroy the demon planet and save all that had come to be within the solar system. This fateful time when a new giant war came to be is when the bunker opened.
From the Earth’s moon Luna, a giant red metal structure raised from the dark side of the moon and humans in their suits began to wander out to find the moon was completely covered in grass and they could breathe without helmets. This would have been a time to celebrate but with the war being fought, Atom was the only angel the noticed until the demons felt a deep fire within them that was felt much farther beyond the solar system. The angels and the demons of the alliance instantly decided to aid the humans and fight off any others that came to harm the humans but a force from beyond the solar system began to awaken.
The force was felt in all beings even though it was unknown what this force was. A dark and hateful force was the core of this feeling and some demons began to go insane and the to destroy the humans they swore to protect. This is when the ‘Garden Era’ had its first war and it’s first outbreak of an Insanity like disease that spread across demons of all kinds. The age turned to a dark and bloody time and Atom was the only angel prepared and soon he told of his fourth gift. He told of what was to come and how it might be fought. But another angel came to call, one who was supposed to find the bunker came to be the other fourth gift bearing angel and her purpose became fining another bunker, hidden far, far away in another solar system called Eden.
An angel began to emerge that also could cure demons of the disease and more like her too. Chaos and turmoil spread through out the system and allies nearly turned upon one another but a great many angels and demons had put together such a force they bore a hole through the planet Hunger and killed it and its minions. This planet became a new home for defensive strategies and other planets just like it were created to spawn minions in the wake of an attack upon the solar system. One planet was made between each planet and these were called the Temple Planets where life was created daily and improved upon to live in peace until war came to the solar system once more.
Meanwhile, the angel who came to be known as The Seeker conversed with Atom and was the first to ever see his fountain beside him.
“If you seek answers, here you must ask.” Instructed Atom to The Seeker.
“I have so many questions, where do I begin?” she stated as she trembled before the fountain that was connected to the father.
“What is your real name child?” he asked before he gave her the answers she was looking for.
“Sarah.” She stated simply.
“Well Sarah, this place is a place beyond time. We can sit here and ask any and all the questions you care to ask, we have no rush here.” He replied assuring her of their time and how much she truly had.
“What does Eden look like?” she asked the fountain.
A planet filled with colors and oceans that seemed to be endless littered glowing trees and light filled ponds. This planet was surrounded by other planets and could be the perfect home for angels, demons, and humans alike. Waterfalls fell into rainbow colored rivers and creatures of pure lights seemed to play through the forests. Temples filled with food growing trees and libraries filled with scrolls littered the temples.
“What are those scrolls?” she asked.
“The mysteries of magic and divinity are but one of the gifts given to the new world. Find this and all the cosmos will be written within” she heard a voice from within her own soul.
“How far is it?” she asked once more as simply as she could.
The fountain lifted from an image of the solar system and showed the entire Milky Way and a few spots seemed to twinkle. A message showed up in the fountain and said ‘your gift will only know its home by the warmth within your heart’.
“Atom, can I come back here whenever I need to?” she asked once more but to the angel instead.
“You are always welcome here, this gift is no longer mine alone.” He said back in reply with a great grin and his eyes shut from how wide his smile was.
First, The Seeker and the rest of the solar system taught the humans about the end and all that had happened in their absence and the humans tried to learn while grieving for the lose of all Earth’s former populace. The process was slow at first but soon the angels got all the humans up to speed and gave them firearms to protect themselves should the worst come to pass. Training day and night, the humans wore armor from the angelic figures who lead them to fight like true warriors that were fit to fight angel and demon alike. A new kind of human was breed and these fighters became known as The Remnants.



© 2019 Dylan L. T. Goodman


Author's Note

Dylan L. T. Goodman
This story will cross many paths and not belong to just one genre like normal.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

38 Views
Added on January 19, 2019
Last Updated on January 19, 2019
Tags: In The Name of Atom, Angels, Demons, post appocalypse, Chapter Two


Author

Dylan L. T. Goodman
Dylan L. T. Goodman

Council Bluffs, IA



About
I began my writing at an early age when I would watch movies and send my grandmother books I made based on what I had seen. During middles school, I began to find my passion when a certain teacher sho.. more..

Writing