Fighting For Her

Fighting For Her

A Poem by Secret Lullaby

They say befor you start a war,

You better know what you're fighting for.

I was a soldier fighting to save your heart.

Completely committed from the start.

I didn't care if things got a little tough.

For me enough was never enough.

As long has I had you by my side,

I never had a reason to run and hide.

You not only made me strong,

You gave me a place to finally belong.

To me you were worth it all.

Even if that ment I would fall.

But as I lay here with this knife in my back.

I realized there is something I did lack.

I didnt know how cruel you really were.

Now looking at you laugh at me I know for sure,

That you were just a lying w***e.

And I was fighting a useless war.

© 2012 Secret Lullaby


Author's Note

Secret Lullaby
This week I lost my bestfriend. I have been trying to keep her away from an old ex that had done nothing but break her heart. It felt like he and I was in a a war fighting over her. Well I finally realized that I was fighting for the friendship of someone who treated me like crap. She started rumors about me and told lies about me just to make her look better. She stabed me in the back!

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I know this feeling all too well. I've had so many people tell me that they can't talk to me because their boyfriends wont let them. I used to try and argue with them and try to convince them not to end a friendship, but I've stopped trying with people like that.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Very nice. I'm sorry that you lost a friend but everything happens for a reason. I'm helping a friend that is going through something similar. Her new-found best friend has been talking bad about her and is spreading nasty rumors and then lies and says it wasn't her. I like the rhyming. :) It seems like you really cared for her. But at the end of the day, no friend is truly there for you.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Wow! Lovely poem, and truly heartbreaking!

Posted 11 Years Ago


An old adage: Treat your friends like your enemies, and your enemies like your friends, Rings out loud in this piece. The Only problem is, when one does that, They sacrifice a heart, that was supposed to be special to them. You are a special person. That Friend, Stabbing you in the back, was never your friend in the first place. She was an enemy. You though heart broken, need to rise up above it, and Stand strong! It seems like to me, you did allot of right, and she did allot of wrong. Be Proud that you were such a wonderful friend, and be even more glad that you have a wonderful heart to stand up for your friends.
This is a wonderful write.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Wow...well, I totally feel for you Secret! I've kind of drifted from a best friend myself (not sure what's going on with us at this point...) and I'm not really sure what she thinks about me and I, her.
But this so called "best friend" of yours, is sooooooo not worth your time! She never disserved your friendship or trust in the first place! As my best friend and I used to say "Chicks before dicks!"
I bet you're probably hurt about this and all, but maybe it's better you aren't friend anymore. I'm sure you'll find someone who will be a better friend to you then your "best friend" was
Anyway, great poem and I definatly shows how you feel and tells the story perfecly.
"I was a soldier fighting to save your heart" This line and And "I was fighting a useless war" Were my favourite lines in the poem. Good job.
Again, sorry to hear about losing you friend and I hope you find a new even better friend than the last :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


this is an awesome poem! I'm sorry about your loss of a friend...you never know she may come back to you

Posted 11 Years Ago


some people doesn't appreciate things that much
blinded by love, they became blind to their own emotions

for you as her friend, leave an open door, she'll return and realize something
not now. but some time in the future.

great poem btw.


Posted 11 Years Ago


Nicely written... Life is still beautiful i would say

Posted 11 Years Ago


This poem is amazing! More than amazing! The betrayal came and I was just like, "Wut." It was crazy and wonderful and I thoroughly enjoyed this poem(: Also, I'm truly sorry about what happened to you! Losing a friend hurts:/

Posted 11 Years Ago


This is truly so powerful... know nothing of the horrid situation, but just made me ache... Friendship is something so precious, so for someone to step on you like that, it just shakes the whole world. So sorry... truly...

Posted 11 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

693 Views
18 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on October 20, 2012
Last Updated on October 29, 2012

Author

Secret Lullaby
Secret Lullaby

Hell on Earth, AL



About
It a new year and a new me. I have deleted my old information and have decided to start over. Life is full of ups and downs, disapointments, regrets, mistakes...but all these things make us who were a.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..





Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5