My Drug Dealers Promise

My Drug Dealers Promise

A Poem by Secret Lullaby

You say you'll do it just one time.

That you will never again commit a crime.

But what happens when the money gets too good?

Do you really want to stand where "he" once stood?

Don't you remeber the pain?

When he went to jail baby you went insane!

And now here you are.

Doing the same thing that didnt get him far.

I pray that you will not serve his fate.

But looking at you now makes me think its too late.

 

 

 

 

© 2013 Secret Lullaby


Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Author's Note

Secret Lullaby
About a boy that starts selling drugs...and his promise that it was just a one time thing

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I'm guessing "he" is his dad? Nice work. Kinda reminds me of Circle The Drain by Katy Perry.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Great poem!!!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Love the flow of this poem! great job

Posted 11 Years Ago


It's very touching in a way but some kids now are
acting very dumb and stupid by taking drugs for
some kids their probably end up selling drugs
or dead. But on the other hand it's a uplifting poem.

Posted 11 Years Ago


It's sad how things are now days. I just learned recently that most of my friends from 7th grade have been doing drugs since 5th, and something that shocked me even more is that my best friend was smoking weed too. It shocked me but only a little bit because I had figured her a*****e, dip-wad, cheating, man-w***e boyfriend would force her into it. But I was disappointed in her, because then she started drinking beer and lying to people. She has just been going down hill and it's all because of drugs. My other friend used to be a drug dealer and that kinda scared me because next thing I know he was being arrested on campus and it was still only 7th grade. He got clean afterwards though but I still worry.
Well now that I spit that out I think you really worded this well and it flowed too. I think it was a very good example of life outside right now. Good job, and I hope your friend doesn't get into deep.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Sad, very touching you got to my heart's door you didn't open it yet... but this poem made it to the 2nd to the last doors entrance.

Posted 11 Years Ago


I can relate, and could tell you some true horror stories about this kind of thing. It's sad but true...some people will just never learn

Posted 11 Years Ago


It's a great poem.!!

Posted 11 Years Ago


That's so bad !! Make him read this, show him he's making a mistake !
Wonderful poem, btw, metrica and flow are outstanding as always :)

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

336 Views
9 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 3, 2013
Last Updated on April 3, 2013

Author

Secret Lullaby
Secret Lullaby

Hell on Earth, AL



About
It a new year and a new me. I have deleted my old information and have decided to start over. Life is full of ups and downs, disapointments, regrets, mistakes...but all these things make us who were a.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


ONLY A MOTHER ONLY A MOTHER

A Poem by afra