A treason of the heart

A treason of the heart

A Poem by Secret Lullaby

I remember how you fell while carrying me to the bed,

And how we laughed so hard that tears were shed.

But all it took was a simple touch of your hand,

To take my heart to a distant land.

One where there was nothing but you and me,

To love for always and eternity.

And the moment I tasted your kiss,

I knew there would never be anything better then this.

But your heart was not truly mine.

Loving you would be a crime.

A treason of the heart.

So we must end before we had a chance to start.

We must do what's right.

Even if it means we put our love off for another night.

 

 

© 2013 Secret Lullaby


Author's Note

Secret Lullaby
Would you put off your love just to do the right thing?

This is about two people who are in love but cant be together because they are both with other people.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Awww this is really sweet!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Wow!! Absolutely amazing poem! Really loved it! :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


I have a boyfriend at the moment and we dont live anywhere near each other, I love him so much but we have our days where we miss the things that couples do, he cant wait to take me out and all, he cant wait to do normal couple stuff. We Skype and call each other often but its hard when you cant be with them anytime you want. I guess it makes me realise that once I have him, I dont wanna let him go. Its hard but we'll make it.

This was very relateable to alot of people, it happens alot nowadays but I guess we all figure something out. It was very well written.

"I remember how you fell while carrying me to the bed,
And how we laughed so hard that tears were shed."

Loved these lines, amazing!

100/100 and in my favorites!

Posted 11 Years Ago


This is a great poem, and I too would sacrifice love to do the right thing. But if it came down to it and I really had feelings for the other person then I'd be with them...

Posted 11 Years Ago


Another great poem! It's well put together, and has an interesting theme to it. If I was in that position, yes, I would sacrifice love if that was the right thing to do. In the end they would always remember each other anyway, would they not? And if their others didn't work out, they would always have one another.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Beautiful poem. How every I would never cheat on anyone and I don't approve of people who do. by the words of Johnny depp "If you love two people at the same time, choose the second one because if you really loved the first one, you wouldn't have fallen for the second. ” :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


There's so much pathos here, simple but so expressive !
The first verses recalled me a maternal love, it was so pure ! It's such a shame they can't be together ! If I were them, I would try it, no matter what. When love happens, there's nothing that can't be done :)

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

349 Views
7 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on April 2, 2013
Last Updated on April 2, 2013

Author

Secret Lullaby
Secret Lullaby

Hell on Earth, AL



About
It a new year and a new me. I have deleted my old information and have decided to start over. Life is full of ups and downs, disapointments, regrets, mistakes...but all these things make us who were a.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


ONLY A MOTHER ONLY A MOTHER

A Poem by afra