Mother Dont You Know?

Mother Dont You Know?

A Poem by Secret Lullaby

Mother, Mother can you see,

What your words do to me?

The things you say,

And things you do,

Make me want to run from you.

I see the anger in your eyes.

But still I smile,

 And hide the lies.

I fear that soon we both will break.

I dont know how much more I can take.

At night I cry myself to sleep.

But you will not hear a peep

I'm damned if I do,

And damned if i dont.

But one thing I know,

Is that you love me so.

 

 

© 2013 Secret Lullaby


Author's Note

Secret Lullaby
Dont you know....How you make me feel.....Do you care?

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I can relate to this completey

Posted 11 Years Ago


In a very good way you have presented mother. Good job. Go ahead.

Posted 11 Years Ago


I like this :) A mother is someone you can hate and be angry at but you can never stop loving her.. Good work

Posted 11 Years Ago


Wow, I can really relate to this. I think you did a great job at capturing your feelings in such a small amount of words.

Posted 11 Years Ago


She is always besides....
light fragrant incense...smurf- the house..
be safe in the 5 walls of the mind

Posted 11 Years Ago


OOH This really got to my spirit........God used every single word and i felt the pain and emotion...........that is the way my mother reacts to me.....thanks ever so much
can i share your poem on Facebook and of course i tell them it doesn't belong to me .
Sort of healing for me i never really had a good relationship with my mother as an child nor as a adult ...she has a mental health problem and now has cancer throughout her body .....wow the tears are steadily flowing down my cheeks i need to heal tonight I'll spend time with God to feel close to his loving presence God bless you always ........

Posted 11 Years Ago


Secret Lullaby

11 Years Ago

I dont mind if you share it and I am so sorry about your mother:( I will keep her in my prayers
ROSALIND

11 Years Ago

Awe thank you Secret Lullaby
ROSALIND

11 Years Ago

:)
My mom has said some hard things to me, things that broke me down to tears, but never once did I doubt that she did it because she wanted the best for me. Sometimes what they say to you hurts and cuts deep, but if they sever the ties to a road that would lead you to destruction, no matter how beautiful it looks, they have done you a favor. I used to think at times that mom didn't care what I thought and all she wanted to do was gripe at me...but now I see (as hindsight is 20/20) how many bad things she kept from me even though I hated it at the time. If your mother loves you and you know it, unless she's abusing you, then she's probably doing it out of love. It'll all be clear in the future, so just hold on.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Leslie, this poem is well-written and I sincerely hate that you have these sort of feelings about your mother. As my mother always tells me when she's mad at me, "I'm here to be your mother and protect you, not be your best friend." Sometimes we feel as if we're the ones that are right, but our parents have lived way longer than we have and has experienced a lot of situations that you may be going through. They have answers that you may not want to hear at some points in your life. I can totally relate though, so you're not the only one. I am sure your mother does care that she hurts you. Don't let the hurt stay bottled around your heart. It will begin to sting more and more and eventually leave a huge scar that might not ever go away! Maybe a long talk will make things better between you two. I love the rhyme scheme and the flow of the poem. I must say, you have developed as a writer more and more each time I read your work. Keep up the wonderful job!

Side note: Don't be a stranger :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


ya......some feelings are spread here..well writ:)

Posted 11 Years Ago


Short but sweet and has a good flow, keep up the good work!

Posted 11 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

512 Views
14 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 3 Libraries
Added on February 28, 2013
Last Updated on February 28, 2013

Author

Secret Lullaby
Secret Lullaby

Hell on Earth, AL



About
It a new year and a new me. I have deleted my old information and have decided to start over. Life is full of ups and downs, disapointments, regrets, mistakes...but all these things make us who were a.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..