Bird-Song

Bird-Song

A Poem by Linda
"

In these complicated times we are living through, the sound of a Bird singing holds me captive .....

"

BIRD-SONG

 

I’m holding onto that bird-song,

way beyond necessity,

Into the morning, the day,

the dark night that threatens after �"


Into the possibilities of tomorrow,

of Dialogue, Honesty, 

Hope.


Is it ridiculous to imagine that one sound can travel through time ?


Can Break down barriers

Repair old wounds

Create a common language that no-one

Takes offence in ?


Can Strengthen hearts

And Minds.


I’m still holding onto that bird-song-

Are you ?

© 2020 Linda


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review


Hello and welcome to the Cafe.. I enjoyed these words ... and will surely visit you again.. am unable for some reason to respond to your recent review of my post.. I will try again in. A few days when I get home .. these phones are handy but awkward :)

Posted 3 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Linda

3 Years Ago

Thanks, Neville Modern Technology eh ? Love it. Enjoy your evening.
Neville

3 Years Ago


.... Absolutely, you too :)



Reviews

This is such a wonderful write, I enjoyed this

Posted 3 Years Ago


Hi, Linda. I love your poem. If there is one thing that we might all be able to agree on it could be the beauty of bird-song. How can we possibly become divided over that beauty. I really appreciate that you shared this moment of inspiration and reminded me how the simplest things can help to lift the funk. And that maybe those things should be the ones we are focusing on. Really enjoyed reading this.

Posted 3 Years Ago


I appreciate your optimism, but all I can say for certain is this too will pass. It's always been the only sure bet anyone could make.

Posted 3 Years Ago


Another excellent piece with its roots in nature and an appreciation of the simpler things in life. It kind of says 'stop and smell the roses'

Posted 3 Years Ago


I've been living alone in the wilderness for the past 10 years, so I've gotten very good at solitude before our troubled covid times. Also, since country neighbors are in the habit of keeping their distance, we don't wear masks. In short, I've missed the whole covid stress, out here. But I did have a bout with 3 nearby fires & two different evacuation notices recently. But thru it all, it's the birdsong that reminds me that I love being connected to nature rather than the human race! I love that you picked birdsong to symbolize what comes naturally (((HUGS))) Fondly, Margie

Posted 3 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I love the songs of birds and there's something so healing and nice about them, and you captured all of that perfectly here. It really does feel like they can heal old wounds, and I think they're much more magical than many people think. A lot of people hear bird songs every day, but to me, they're just special. Your wording is wonderful and I hope I get to see more!

Posted 3 Years Ago


Yeahh yayy birdsong is my main fav song that I hold onto on quiet days in these times with prayer. Your poem muse is awesome, lovely, beautifully expressed, birdsong is common language yes and only evil haters of life could take offence in it. Kudos!!

Plz pleez do read my newest poem too, it is one of my best favourites, so plz don't tear it apart ok with unnecessary criticism.

Posted 3 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Hello and welcome to the Cafe.. I enjoyed these words ... and will surely visit you again.. am unable for some reason to respond to your recent review of my post.. I will try again in. A few days when I get home .. these phones are handy but awkward :)

Posted 3 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Linda

3 Years Ago

Thanks, Neville Modern Technology eh ? Love it. Enjoy your evening.
Neville

3 Years Ago


.... Absolutely, you too :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

119 Views
8 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 21, 2020
Last Updated on September 21, 2020

Author

Linda
Linda

Bedfordshire, United Kingdom



About
I've been writing Poems since I was about 13 years old, some of them pretty dire ! There is so much to love about this - the way we grow and change, the way experience colours our perceptions and our .. more..

Writing
FEAR FEAR

A Poem by Linda


If I Should If I Should

A Poem by Linda


You You

A Poem by Linda



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..