Red Rose / Blue Rose

Red Rose / Blue Rose

A Poem by Karina Longo
"

Being different is alright. ...isn't it?

"

sometimes i hate flowers.

especially when they are stunning.

the most voluptuous roses.

the red blood ones - full of thorns.

there's blood in their humanly-like smiles -

there's blood in their lack of purity

and into their bloody nasty kisses

 

there's blood in my hands

i'm just a blue rose

grown by accident

notable rose

but if i sliced the petals

over and over

would you still see

and love

the rebel

barely unique -

beauty?

 

let them red flowers

rule the world

thorns in your eyes

thorns in their souls.

 

as for me, i don't care

i don't want to

be seen 

if to be noticed means

to be touched by sin

__________________

You are GREAT

Apr 7, 2011


© 2011 Karina Longo


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I find this poem to have a powerful message. Yes, the beginning is sad, however it is full of emotion and if that means being emo???? Sometimes I want to kick the skinny italian you know whats down the escalator too, does that make me emo? No. Just human. Some ideas,I probably would use the term blood less. For the color, you could use crimson, or sanguine for others. The ending is a little contradictory, Your'e asking to be sliced open and be recognized for what is inside and at the end you say you don't want to be seen. I would love to see the ending a bit more rebellious, as the blue rose is. All that constructive criticism, yet this is still one of my favorites of yours.

Posted 13 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

YES it is alright to be different, being different makes you unique! So your a blue rose, blue is beautiful color, People these days are hooked on appearance and forget what inside, where the beauty lays!

Your poem is stunning and many can relate.. even me! well done!!

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Flows so easily! The imagery that you used was great, another excellent write!

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder or so it has been said I think beauty is both in the eye and mind of the beholder what one sees on the outside isn't nessasairily what's on the inside but once you get on the inside perhaps the inner beauty overwelms the outer at least that is my experence for instance my lady's outter beauty is well beautiful but her inner beauty is STUNNING!

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I agree with Crowley. It's truly a shame in this day and age, vanity tends to be everything. One will not look beyond ones physical to see what lies within the perimeter. Beautiful words.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Overall a great social comment about conformity and the lack of most to look deeper than the physical appearance I think. Could be way off base. Even what we think is beautiful has its issues. Nice job.

Posted 13 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Great flow, strong solid write! Kinda dark and sad!

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


2
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

6834 Views
16 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on February 24, 2011
Last Updated on April 7, 2011
Tags: rose, red, blue, different, original, black sheep, dark, lovely, flowers, poetry, poetic

Author

Karina Longo
Karina Longo

Further Away, Somewhere



About
More about me: Music I like: Manic Street Preachers. Depeche Mode. Chris Cornell. Soundgarden. Smashing Pumpkins. Suede. Pulp. Oasis. The Clash. Tears for Fears. Stereophonics. John Lennon. Da.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Curious Alice Curious Alice

A Poem by OT


Black Swan Black Swan

A Poem by OT