Momma's Gone

Momma's Gone

A Poem by LivingDeath
"

To my mom, I miss you.

"
Gone in the wind 
a whisper in the dark,
a picture on my wall
a tear from my heart.

The words she wrote
linger in ink,
clinging to my heart
and making me think.

I miss her hug
I miss her voice,
I miss her love
I hate God's choice.

She was my mother
my life's companion,
I miss her now
and the relationship that had been.

Day in and day out
I sit and I cry,
wondering this
oh why God why?

Gone in the wind 
a whisper in the dark,
a picture on my wall
a tear from my heart.

I miss my mom.

© 2010 LivingDeath


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is such a beautiful and sad poem. You describe the anger and pain towards the death of your mom. a poem that comes from the heart. Very well written.
And I'm sorry for your loss. It must have been really hard.

Posted 13 Years Ago


breathtaking!! i can feel the saddens inside me. :(

Posted 13 Years Ago


Very sad, but at the same time very loving and well written.

Posted 13 Years Ago


This is so sad and sweet. I have my mom still, so I don't know how you feel, but I've lost many people in my life. It's always hard in the beginning, but it gets a lot better as time passes. All you can do is pray, think of the good times, and meet new people to create new relationships and new lasting memories. Best of luck. :D I'll pray for you.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Man. I really hate what you are going through. My heart is aching for you. Message me if need be. Praying for you.

Posted 13 Years Ago


I feel terrible for your loss. :( And I hope that some of these words coming from your viewers helps you in some way. This is a very touching yet very saddening poem that pulled at my heart. It sincerely made me realize just how precious one's life can be, and make you realize you just don't know what you really have until it's gone. Love will always remain in our hearts though, long after the departure of any loved one. It may be incredibly difficult, but in time you will make it. You will remember and mourn her, but all in all things will be ok.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Awwww.... :( I know how you feel. Beautiful verse to express your feelings. We can't bring them back and it's sad because our lives will forever be incomplete without them. But remember - nothing loved is ever truly lost. I KNOW this. Hope this is of some comfort to you.

Posted 13 Years Ago


A very sad poem. Those kind people who made our life complete leave a empty place till we can see them again. I believe by remembering them in words or thoughts allow us to recreate the good memories. A excellent poem.
Coyote

Posted 13 Years Ago


This is truly beautiful - full of heartache yet overflowing with love. Beautiful poem.

Posted 13 Years Ago


it's so full of grief and despair, radiating heartache like the heat on a summer day near the equator.
beautiful and miserable at the same time.


Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

566 Views
21 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on July 4, 2010
Last Updated on July 4, 2010

Author

LivingDeath
LivingDeath

Abbotsford, British Columbia, Canada



About
"I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I am not." ~Kurt Cobain. Wasssup guys! I am me, if you want my name, ask me for it. Life in every breath, is my motto. 22 years old, living .. more..

Writing
Stardust Stardust

A Poem by LivingDeath



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..