The Memories Fade

The Memories Fade

A Story by Michael

  The alarm clock goes off and like always you roll over onto my side of the bed and move on top of me ever so slightly just to annoy me and to disrupt my slumber. You hit snooze on the alarm clock then wrap your arms around me. My back finds your chest and we perfectly lie together like a Ying-Yang symbol. I enjoy the silence and keep my eyes close as you run your fingers through my hair. 
  Five minutes later, the alarm clock goes off again and we now get out of bed. I make my way into the shower, pulling the curtain closed and turn on the hot water as you stand by the sink and brush your teeth. We then alternate. You in the shower and I brush my teeth. You sing and your voice is like a thousand angels which it then distracts me and I find myself staring at the shower curtain as you pull it back. Giving me a smirk when you see just what I'm staring at. A blush creeps onto my cheeks and I hurry then rush out and throw on some clean clothes. 
  Both dressed and ready for the day, I get into my car and head off but I don't go straight to work, not today at least, because I remember what day it is. 
  Pulling up now, I park and get out. I can almost here my phone vibrating in my back pocket and I hope that it's you. I hope to God it's you but when I feel the phone in my back pocket I find it's only my imagination. 
  I walk forward and find your tombstone and that's when the memories fade and reality sets back in. The tears start to pour from my eyes and I place my hand against the cold stone, muttering under my breath how much I miss you and love you and how you were everything to me and how I still feel you with me. That I will love you forever and ever and that no one will ever replace the love that we once had.

© 2014 Michael


Author's Note

Michael
Just something I came up with on the spot.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

The imagery at the start is powerful and the ending really turns it on it's head. I love some of the cheeky bits that hint at sexuality without blatantly stating it.

The only bit I didn't like was 'Then we alternate.'
It was a little too direct and in your face.

Otherwise, a good piece of writing.

Posted 9 Years Ago


You really did it, the last part got my attention. nice story, it was wonderful reading it

Posted 9 Years Ago


It's a shame that you didn't go through it to fix some mistakes. Other than that, a good, heart wrenching.


Posted 9 Years Ago


Wow what a twist, I love it!!!!!

Posted 9 Years Ago


Well written, twist in the end was great and a great use of imagery. Well done, keep it up.

Posted 9 Years Ago


This is really good! There is some editing needed, some grammatical and some moving of words around, but the layout of the story is great. The plot twist at the end tore at my heart strings. Which is sadly a good thing in my book. Hehe.

Posted 9 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

177 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 7, 2014
Last Updated on December 7, 2014
Tags: Sad, LGBT, Fiction, Relationship

Author

Michael
Michael

Weaverville, NC



About
I'm Mike. 20. I like to write and read. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Michael


Untitled Untitled

A Book by Michael


I'm Listening I'm Listening

A Story by Michael



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Forgotten Forgotten

A Poem by Afraa


Focus Focus

A Poem by Afraa