Night of Flames

Night of Flames

A Chapter by LoperForLife
"

We're just getting into it.

"
After spending hours in that clinical, harshly lit office confessing everything to an elderly woman who did a decent job hiding her surprise, I got a call from a soothing voice. I was told everything would be okay, that I could live more peacefully. If the police thought living in a drifting, burning soul looking for revenge was peaceful, by heck they were right.
After being pulled into another room just as disturbing to the senses as the last, I was released after a few hours. Later that night, I heard sirens wailing down the street. That morning, i heard the news that the guy who's name I forgot was supposed to be behind bars and was deemed a dangerous rapist with a handheld pistol and frighteningly accurate aim. 
He came for me the next night, but I never knew he was there. 
I was home alone. My sisters were at a dance with their boyfriends and my brother was out playing football with a few friends. Mom was working late to try to be on time paying that month's bills. 
I was lounging on my bed, brow furrowed in thought as I pondered an algebra question for lack of something else to do. I'll give him this; he's pretty sneaky and a good planner. 
My music was resonating a deep bass throughout the house, so I didn't hear his footsteps up the stairs. Only when I heard the door slide shut with a click did I look up. 
He was standing there, a cruel smirk on his handsome features and a long coil of rope in a huge hand. I stared at him. I didn't scream. I didn't want to give him the satisfaction. 
"I heard you're the one who turned me in, Jones," his voice spiked against my eardrums, eyes cunning as he walked closer. I scrambled up on my bed, about to jump off when he caught my wrists with one easy motion.
"Let go of me," I said through gritted teeth, pulling back and then stopping because of the strain it put on my wrists.
"You're not going anywhere. Because of you, my life is ruined again. You're not going to get away with that," he said with a half maniacal laugh.
"I didn't... I wasn't..." I stuttered, but shut up quickly as he slammed a fist against my chin. Falling to the bed, I dazedly laid there as he continued talking. My world was spinning. I didn't catch everything.
 But I did hear him say, "burn in Hell, Jones." 
He briskly tied me up against the bed post, turned quickly on his heel, and grabbed a box of matches and a pint of gasoline from his bag.
I bet you know the rest. 


© 2013 LoperForLife


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

What I really enjoy about what you've done so far is that, not only is it narrated well, you are also showing us what is happening with the descriptions. The overall scene comes together and holds steady as the character recounts how everything came down.

Great Ink!
Aaron

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This comment has been deleted by the poster.



Reviews

What I really enjoy about what you've done so far is that, not only is it narrated well, you are also showing us what is happening with the descriptions. The overall scene comes together and holds steady as the character recounts how everything came down.

Great Ink!
Aaron

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This comment has been deleted by the poster.
O.o oh my. This is scary-fying!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Wingless Fallen Angel

11 Years Ago

Well, yeah, knew that...
LoperForLife

11 Years Ago

Gee thanks. Much appreciated.
Wingless Fallen Angel

11 Years Ago

YUP!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

103 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 24, 2013
Last Updated on January 24, 2013



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by LoperForLife