Experiment 34.7 HUMAN

Experiment 34.7 HUMAN

A Story by Vian
"

God? What God? Humans are only one of many. Their time has come as had many others' before them.

"

Experiment 34.7: HUMAN

 

            They all continued their existences. Sure of themselves and their cause. They reacted as they were meant, as they were programmed to. First, only one noticed. And she simply noticed because it -quite literally- hit her in the face. Humans. She slowly reached to inspect the substance with her human senses. Finally, she screamed. The humans’ attention was drawn to her, as expected.

 

            They first watched her in morbid fascination, and then they too were enlightened to the terror, which caused them to react in turn. The sky was raining blood. The humans feared the crimson shower. Instinctively, they knew that this could only be their inevitable demise, none tried to use their science or their gods as explanation. The humans knew to fear for their insignificant, fragile existences; they were, after all, programmed to do so.

 

             The thick droplets pushed hard against their numerous creations, ricocheting off of their towering monsters. Their stone dwellings quickly began eroding to the thick streams of blood. As their contraptions were destroyed so too were the humans.

 

            The humans’ unnaturally hairless skins were marred, they were stained with both their own and the falling life blood. The life giving liquid continued to pour down sharply, ripping at their flesh and collecting more of its kind. We will take back what is rightfully ours.

 

            The blood flooded the streets and humans drowned in their essence too. Gurgling and thrashing to no avail. They pushed one another below the ever increasing fluid for only a mere second more of their own.  The oceans turned crimson and so did the earth. Layer after layer everything was coated in the red substance. No being remained. Everything was slowly decomposing unto itself seven nights passed and the moon rose and set to the falling blood.

 

            On the last moon, a barest sliver of a crescent we believe, the storm stopped. The humans were gone, buried underneath the first layers of now stagnated blood. The thick mess soon dried, as blood does. The liquid first turned more viscous and sticky, and then it hardened to reach a texture similar to the land previous. It was a thick dry crust with a moist interior, perfect for life.

 

            Natural rains fell again and the grasses pushed themselves up from deep below the new earth. Baby saplings were coaxed out by the warm sun and the beginnings of creature beings were seen inhabiting the reborn earth. The earth was whole again.

 

            The masters of the land began the next experiment.

© 2014 Vian


Author's Note

Vian
First time, anything is welcome.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I do admit that I did not feel for this one as much as I did your other works. But now that I have read the completed copy it seems I was wrong and it has much potential. As usual the voice in your writing comes out strongest and the twisted idea at that is splendidly done for a topic so odd. I felt you could have gone on about the girl a bit more and given her some more focus, make them more human by letting us know more about them like what they were doing at the time. You could have also talked of the human senses. Of the strong iron smell and the sharp overwhelming taste. Overall, unique work.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

So, you saw it too? Well at least we both know how it's going to end, don't we?

100 red rain drops

Posted 10 Years Ago


Vian

10 Years Ago

I suppose we can wallow in the knowledge of The End together, cheers. Thank you for reading the ramb.. read more
Ufi Auttorri ~ UfoAuthor

10 Years Ago

No.. not gone yet. There's a bit more road around the bend if you choose to go there.
Vian

10 Years Ago

Rather enticing, if I do say so myself.
Brilliant. Just brilliant.
I am not Christian, so please beg my pardon if my facts are askew, but this story seemed reminiscent of the 10 commandments story (or something or other, sorry it's been awhile since I've had a proper world history class). Didn't God turn the Nile River to blood? This is what your story reminds me of, because, the experimenters in your story are practically playing God. In turn, your readers have an opportunity to question this morality, and question this story, and that, sir, is brilliant. To allow, to force your readers to really think! Modern literature lacks that too often.
Brilliant.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Vian

10 Years Ago

Hahaha, I've not read the Bible in it's entirety yet either. I have begun as a side project to bolst.. read more
O.O THIS IS AMAZING! Science fiction, horror, mystery, death! Everything 1 story should have in my opinion!
Very well done!

Posted 10 Years Ago


That was kind of horrifying, in a good way of course. There was some strange wording in parts, but I was too intrigued to let it bother me

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Vian

10 Years Ago

Thank you so much for reviewing, and I'm not entirely pleased with a couple sections but those won't.. read more
Ah, so you have rewritten parts of it.
It's much improved and easier to read and understand now. There is now no need for further focus on the girl and the direction taken is certainly the right one. With this, I can now picture the masters of the land peering over at the screaming drowning humans in twisted curiosity and and I love how you italicized "as expected" although I think you had that before as well.
Much improvement, well done, I can feel that it has been perfected now.

Posted 10 Years Ago


I do admit that I did not feel for this one as much as I did your other works. But now that I have read the completed copy it seems I was wrong and it has much potential. As usual the voice in your writing comes out strongest and the twisted idea at that is splendidly done for a topic so odd. I felt you could have gone on about the girl a bit more and given her some more focus, make them more human by letting us know more about them like what they were doing at the time. You could have also talked of the human senses. Of the strong iron smell and the sharp overwhelming taste. Overall, unique work.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

268 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on November 20, 2013
Last Updated on January 11, 2014
Tags: apocalypse

Author

Vian
Vian

PebbleTown, Snowflake Chasm



About
Lord Vian is a resident of the Human Cage, as He's sure most who can read this are. This Lord unfortunately suffers from Binge-Writing and has a tendency to ignore the thing called 'Life' when consume.. more..

Writing
Mother Mother

A Poem by Vian


Magic Magic

A Poem by Vian


Orange Orange

A Poem by Vian