we are

we are

A Poem by Loribeth215

we are

like poetry together

flowing in motion

bracing and pulling

breathing

hearts beating

hands kneading

and mouths demanding more

 

we are

where the ocean and the desert meet

we are

music without words

pounding to a pulsing beat

 

we are

heat and sweat

flesh meeting and melting

and trembling like the wind

 

together

we are like....

poetry.

 

© 2008 Loribeth215


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Okay, perhaps I am not the best person to write a review for this particular piece. Face it, I am twisted; and I cannot help but twist the way this made me though - lol. Yes, when some think of love - they think of it as being poetry, and you do a good job of weaving us into that image with the work you have here. Still, when I think about it - I think of all the different kinds of poetry, and I could not help but think of some of the poor souls out there that end up with a particular poetic form over another. Imagine the couple that ends up with a haiku... imagine the couple that ends up with a limerick... imagine the couple that ends up with an acrostic for poopie head... :) This was a great poem, making me feel both warm at the thought of love and smiling at just how twisted I could take it... thank you for sharing this!

Posted 15 Years Ago


The flow of this poem is absolutely amazing, I could hear the words being sung into my hear. Like whispered words of affection spoken from a lover.

Stunning!

Posted 15 Years Ago


Aw that is so beautiful, I can see it being read for children or at a school or something since its so inspiring! Very nice work, and it wasn't cheesy at all, was just moving. :)

Posted 15 Years Ago


Oh, that was beautiful.
In the very depth of affectionate love, there is a sound made by the beating of two hearts, and that sound is like poetry.
Your poem caused me to remember when I felt like that, and even though the remembrance is bittersweet, it is also exquisite. To see those feelings of love transmuted into poetic words and feel that way once again, if only for a moment, is like a fresh breath upon emergance from a dusty room.
Once again your words move me, and shed a bit of light onto a darkened soul.
Very nice.

Posted 15 Years Ago


we are

music without words

pounding to a pulsing beat -----------this is a wonderful part.. so deep...

So you made of reality a fantasy... that is really possible.. for I often
say to myself, when I am feeling like trying to make of fantasy reality...
that this can't work... but the way you did - it always works. beatiful poem !
thanks for your reading my long piece "Earth is made in heaven". Much
appreciated. L.Gandr�

Posted 15 Years Ago


Wow, very eloquent and metaphorical. The flow is nice, the descriptive words are very provocative. And it is a really wonderful poem. You write well.

Posted 15 Years Ago


That is so beautiful. To have a relationship with someone like that is what most people(including me) dream of. Poetry well defined. Excellent!

Posted 15 Years Ago


this is beautiful. the imagery, lovers meeting, flowing, melting together, like words to form a poem, is brilliant. wonderful read.

Posted 15 Years Ago


ahh.. yes, poetry is much like love, connection, and all the other wonders of the world... beautifully expressed :)

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

294 Views
9 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 20, 2008

Author

Loribeth215
Loribeth215

CA



About
I write poetry and stories, but you'll see more of the former than the later, as I am trying to sell several stories to online publishers. You can see many of my stories on the following websites: .. more..

Writing
Far Away Far Away

A Poem by Loribeth215



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Ode To Oak Ode To Oak

A Poem by Marina