CHAPTER TWO

CHAPTER TWO

A Chapter by L.L. Lily

Jean didn’t know why Tristan paid so much attention towards her in one day. The first time she had met him, he had did more than just helping her with her glasses, he introduces himself to class and keep staring at her like a perverted stalker,  following her to the girls bathroom, and put her at the most uncomfortable position of her life, suddenly lying for her sake, and even winking at her. She didn’t know why he had made her heart race instantly. Could she be in love? No. She brushed the thought off, her family and studies were important to her at that moment seeing how her mom had high expectations for her, she can’t let her down. Love and guys were out of the question.

“Besides, what’s so good about a relationship,” Jean mumbled to herself as she let her feet dangle from the top of the double deck. “It’s just filled with weird emotions, it’s unstable and some way or another one of them would get hurt.” She concluded pounding on to the pillow that had manifested into Tristan’s figure right before her eyes. Jean groaned as she stared at the fluffy white sack, she just wanted to hit him badly for making her feel that way and took out all her anger on the poorly abused pillow.

She was always distanced and didn’t want to be close to others especially those of the opposite sex. She didn’t want to be like her brother who took risks in the past and had his heart broken once. He was a brave love enthusiast falling repeatedly with different girls as they come. Since they shared the same room, and technically the same bed, there is no escaping when it comes to knowing each other’s secrets. She knew everything about him and unlike other siblings, who’d fight they were as twins despite the one-year age gap between them.

Jake, playfully tugged on her leg tickling the bottom as she tried to kick her way out of his hold. They really were close, and they can thank their room for that mutual understanding. “That’s because you don’t like taking risks big sis,” He teased laying back down hugging his pillow against his chest. He blew his silky brown threads off his head as he engaged himself into his cupid mode with his eye’s staring ever so admiringly at the ceiling above him. “Being in love, can be a really wonderful feeling, however depending on where it takes you, it could make you or break you.” He advised, he was an expert when it came to love and Jean was thankful she had told him instead of someone else.

Jean got down, sitting at his share of the bunk bed “Such feelings can be troublesome, studies should be our number one priority.”  She huffed letting her chest up high to act high and mighty. Jake pulls her down beside him, hugging the life out of his foolish sister.

“Don’t get me wrong big sis, you really are pretty, it’s just that you keep telling yourself you are not, that’s why you don’t have a lover.” He giggled humoring his sister. Jean flicked his forehead giggling “Thanks for insult.”

Jake wore a pouting expression, “But it’s true, try opening up, or mix things up by change your image, maybe someone would ask you out.”

“I told you Jake, I’m focused on my studies I won’t let emotions get in the way.” Jean insisted wrestling her way out of his hold, climbing back up to her bed. Jake sighed resting his head over one hand as Jean peaked down to hear what he had to say. “But if you do find someone that’ll spark your interest, don’t say I didn’t warn you!”

The next day, Jean was mentally prepared to face her worst fear, she can’t lose to him, and she won’t fall for him, she was smart and prioritized her studies more than her emotions. Tristan had beaten her to class, truthful to his words when he told her teacher that he’d help mentor his students. She thought he was just like those type of guys who’d flirt with innocent girls like her, pretending to be kind but in actually trying to settle the score board with the rest of the guys, and as much as possible tried to avoid any interactions made by him.

Tristan had just finished tending his business in a random computer across the room when he noticed her enter the classroom. She dismissed his zealous wave with a light wave back, and moved to her assigned seat, the computer at the far corner of the room.

He was instantly by her side pulling a seat besides hers resting his chin on his two arms on the seat armrest, staring closely at her every move.

Jean moved back, adjusting her glasses. “W-What do you want now?” she retorted, although she was angry, there was a hint of intimidation in her tone of voice, which amused Tristan as he smiled playfully towards her. “Need any help?” he asked. Jean shook her head “No.” she snapped focusing her attention on the screen in front of her.

The screen froze, and the cursor was missing. “W-What happened? D-Did I b-break it?” she stuttered looking from the monitor to the key board and back to Tristan who seemed amused as he watched her in the state of confusion.

            “No. It probably hadn’t shut down well.” Tristan nodded moving behind her, his body against her back as his strong arms wrapped against hers. He takes her hands placing the respective fingers on ctrl, alt, and delete. The screen took its time before the task manager had showed up as well as the mouse and this time Tristan took her right hand on the mouse and directing it to the shutdown button.

She didn’t know why he did that when he could have just told her. After rebooting, her computer was back online and ready for use. Jean thanked him sincerely, but was still insecure as he continued to watch her. How could she work when he was invading her personal space? The close interval between them made her heart beat even faster.

It had been that way as every day passes Tristan would always pick on her whenever she entered the building and talked to her ever so casually as if they were friends. Jean who would distance herself at first but she would eventually give into his small convo’s that would eventually turn out pretty well for their unknown relationship. Jean was content of whatever relationship she had with Tristan they weren’t really friends but enjoyed the simple interaction. She was thankful because of Tristan she wasn’t the loner who was always focused on her studies anymore, she had somewhat overcame her fears of opening up with others and joined group activities in other classes, which made her happy and content.



© 2013 L.L. Lily


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

139 Views
Added on September 1, 2013
Last Updated on September 1, 2013
Tags: romantic comedy, teen & young adult, fiction


Author

L.L. Lily
L.L. Lily

About
Everyone has a beautiful life story, you lead it, life writes it to what we call past or history. No matter how small, every little detail counts. My paper, your pen our hands joined as an beautiful i.. more..

Writing
authors note authors note

A Chapter by L.L. Lily


BUlletproof BUlletproof

A Story by L.L. Lily