CHAPTER THREE

CHAPTER THREE

A Chapter by L.L. Lily

Jake playfully pulls his sisters leg from under her bed sheets as she groaned. It was a weekend and Jean wanted to catch more shuteye after the stress she had to endure throughout the monthly final exams. Persistent Jake sneaked on the top of her bunk, tickling her to death. Jean gave in rubbing her eyes as she sat up crossing her legs.

“What’s with you, the suns not even up! Plus it’s a Sunday too!” she roared irritably, usually she’d have a laid aback expression put on, but she really was sleepy. Jake drapes an arm around her shoulders as she irritably brushed it off. “Today’s the first Sunday of the month.” Jean rolled her eyes at the understatement, she was sure it wasn’t anyone’s birthday, or any other special day besides church, attended every Sunday by the family with at least one member unable to join them. “So what?” she snapped yawning. Jakes eyes widened. “It’s been a while since we went on our traditional beginning of the month beach celebration.”

Jean scowled unconvinced it’s been a while since they went to the beach. The last time they did go to one was when she was twelve. “Okay spit it out, what did you feed them?” She joked jumping out of bed to play with their fluffy dog below them.

“Maybe they had woken up in the bright side of the bed this morning… but it gets better,” Jean looked up to meet her brother’s graze, he was enthusiastic as usual “Everyone’s going to church!” Jean’s eyes widened to the point that they were about to pop out “No way, for real?” Jake nodded meeting her below. “And after we are going to beach!”

Jean was surprised to hear that the whole family would go to church together for the first time ever. Jean’s parents were busy every week and sometimes missed the morning worship. If they did, had time to go there would be at least one of them who aren’t able to join and complete the family. The last time they were complete was during father’s day where her father had agreed to go to church with them. She was happy that one of her wishes had come true and wished it would always stay that way.

In church, Jean sat at the far end besides her mother, besides her was a vacant seat fit for at least one more person. That day, their church was unusually crowded and the family was thankful they were in time to catch the last few seats. Before the morning worship began, a voice asked Jean if someone was sitting on the vacant seat beside her, in which she replied with a quick nod. It became a habit for her to look at the person she was talking to thanks to Tristan who had helped her interact with other people, but to her shock when she did look up to meet the stranger’s graze, it was in fact Tristan who flashed a quick smile as he sat beside her.

“What are you doing here?” she whispered glaring at him as he freely draped his arm on the armrest of the bench near her shoulders. “I go to church here.” He chirped. Her eyes widened in disbelief, “Liar!” she beamed regretting what she had said as her mother turned towards her. “Is something wrong?” Jean shook her head. “Nothing, excuse me. I have to go to the bathroom.” Without wanting to hear what her mother had to say, she had already gotten up excusing herself as she powerwalked towards the bathroom with Tristan following her.

“Why do you keep following me?” Jean scowled sighing as she placed both hands on her hips with and obvious annoyed expression she was cute when she threw a raging tantrum. She had become even more irritated when he just stared at her with a wide grin spreading all over his face.

“I’m not stalking you or anything. It just so happens that we go to the same church and I needed the restroom as well.” He perked up. Jean scowled at him, not believing his lies “S-T-A-L-K-I-N-G” she spelled out impatiently, doing this just made Tristan even more amused.

“Who would have known, we went to the same church together.” He rubbed, Jean rolled her eyes as she crossed her arms at the understatement, she can’t accept the fact that they’d be together even in church.

“You look cute in that flora dress by the way.” Tristan cooed, voluntarily tucking the strand of her hair behind her ear as he admired the beauty who had tied her hair up for the very first time since they’ve met.

“I don’t know you.” Jean muttered stumping her way back to where they sat, seeing the worship had already begun. A few moments later, he had followed and sat beside her once more.

 Ironically, that day’s lesson was about marriage, she could tell Tristan was humoring her as she wrote word for word what the preacher had said, and as soon as the morning worship was over, she was eager to get out of there, away from his presence but yet again stalled by the monthly potluck.

Jean’s irritation had grown every second that passed by, she sat alone on the far bench near the exit beginning to gnaw on her meal when Tristan had approached her, carelessly plopping beside her. He leaned over to whisper something on her ear.

“It’s a turn on to hear Jean sing.” He mocked his breath tickled her ear, igniting that usual heated blush he’d always make her do. “Don’t you have any shame, flirting inside a church?” Tristan gasps, “I was simply complimenting you my dear apprentice.”

Jean frowns, “I don’t know you.” and got up meeting her family who had been taken their seconds, she had lost her appetite and begged them to pack everything they need so they can go, insisting that their picnic would spoil if they didn’t head to the beach early.

Seeing how her plan worked, she had set off being the first in the car, still heated as she crossed her arms angrily staring into empty space. Tristan suddenly pops up on her open window, having her tumble over the back seat. He laughed at her embarrassment but quickly brushed it off with a serious calm expression. “I just came over to say, have a safe trip back home!” she dismisses him with a hand and he disappears as soon as the rest of her family had joined her in the family van. “How annoying.” She muttered, still flustered. Her brother lifted an eyebrow in which she had dismissed the thought immediately.



© 2013 L.L. Lily


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

104 Views
Added on September 1, 2013
Last Updated on September 1, 2013
Tags: romantic comedy, teen & young adult, fiction


Author

L.L. Lily
L.L. Lily

About
Everyone has a beautiful life story, you lead it, life writes it to what we call past or history. No matter how small, every little detail counts. My paper, your pen our hands joined as an beautiful i.. more..

Writing
authors note authors note

A Chapter by L.L. Lily


BUlletproof BUlletproof

A Story by L.L. Lily