CHAPTER FOUR

CHAPTER FOUR

A Chapter by L.L. Lily

Jean plopped on her seat irritated, it was troublesome already that Tristan had bothered her in class, now she had to endure two hours of torture by sitting with him in the most harmonious days in church. The small world they once live was slowly shrinking and they had become close even when she didn’t want to, at this rate if he kept on appearing in her life, she can’t help not forget his face.

He had appeared in her dreams for the past few days, his playful smirk and laid aback expression permanently tainted on the back corners of her mind and it only became worst when she just couldn’t focus on anything whenever he is around her.

            The monthly finals had just ended and they are moving onto their biggest project of the year Jean is supposed to take 10 top beautiful scenes of her choice to highlight with at least three other shots to support the scenery. Anything would be fine as long as there was creativity in it, with a personal experience, and she’d present it in a power point presentation later within the deadline no later than a week.

            Jean was nervous she didn’t know how to use a simple cellphone camera, now she had to use a professional delicately handled camera. She was even more nervous at the fact that she had to present it in class. Tristan noticed her troubled expression and sat at the empty space beside her.

She had been staring at the contraption for more than ten minutes without even noticing he was right beside her. Tristan takes out his camera snapping a picture of her position; she looked up blinking and frowned at his sudden action.

“Hey!” she retorted reaching up high to reach the camera, he extends his hand up high making her life difficult. “Just adjust the background effects and this could be one out of the nine pictures for your project.” He cooed flashing the camera in front of her.

There was nothing special about the picture. It was simply a side view of her looking glum on the school bench, there was no need for her to use the picture and pleaded him to delete the shot at once. Tristan shook his head stubbornly he insisted that it was indeed a good view for her project. Tristan suddenly grabs hold of her arm dragging her in front of the dolphin statue in the center of the school, where he urged her to lay flat on her belly along with him as he poised the camera in an acute angle towards the large statue.

The two had waited for the right moment until the sun had shone far enough above them at a certain moment, and Tristan snaps a picture of the scene in front of them. The picture had come out with the two statues of dolphins creating a heart with aide-mémoire in the center the sunny effect shining above was a perfect view they both understood this.

“This would highlight the school mascot, the dolphin, as well as serve as a memento for future generations.” He said extended an arm to help Jean up; Jean in return thanked him as she adjusted her glasses, dusting off the imaginary dirt on her blouse.

“Two shots down eight more to go.” Tristan reminded, focusing on the camera. Jean looked at him in admiration she thought of how cool he was once he was in his photography mode. Compared to him a few moments ago, he was more mature and serious, knowing his grounds when it came to his area of expertise. He was like a different person once he sunk into his passion, and Jean admired him for that.

“You don’t really need to help me you know.” Jean muttered examining the few shots they had taken. They were simple, but unique, and it was all thanks to Tristan who had a fine eye in the art of photography. “But I love helping especially if it’s you.” Tristan insisted teasing her tresses as she continued on examining the picture not meeting his graze.

The two had walked side by side touring the campus as they searched for beautiful scenes for Jean’s project. Seeing no progress as they day passes, the two had rested on the bench where they had chatted for a while.

"It would be really hard to find something unique if we just explore the whole campus, we need to go outside where there are more things as beautiful as statues. Why don’t we go on a friendly date every day until the due date to complete your project?" Tristan beamed crossing his legs as he turned to faced Jean, he was more eager to go on a date than actually help her in her project. The excuse of her project gave him the opportunity to ask her out.

"What? I can’t go on a date with you!" Jean choked turning bright red, she was shocked at the sudden proposal, she can’t believe he had time and nerve to joke around especially when she was dead serious on working on her project.

"Didn't you hear the word friendly?" he cleared out draping an arm over her shoulder once more. Jean nodded agreeing. "Then it's a date." He snapped, dismissing her chance to reject the offer. "Wait, I didn’t agree to this!" she wailed confused at the sudden turn of events. "You are now." He joked snapping a picture of her pouting.

Tristan flashes the camera in front of her where she tries to steal it and falls on top of him. "We really are in a good position." he joked having her blush. "You're so weird!" she screamed running off. Tristan sat up nodding, he didn’t understood what she had made a fuss off, maybe his joke was a little overboard, but he did like that cute expression she made.

Jean buried her head under her pillow, “What’s wrong with him.” She whispered grimacing at the vivid memory of Tristan even with her eyes closed, she hated the fact she could still see him even in her own home, the fact that he always teased her at the same time making her feel weird. She wanted him to disappear, wanted him to leave her alone. She wanted him to stay at his college and not her precious high school. If he didn’t want to disappear, she wanted to move to another school or at least change classes, away from his presence.

It was too late for that now, they were in the middle of the school year, all of her hard work would just go to waste, especially seeing how she had grown to like and learn a lot in the class. On the other hand, she just wanted him to leave her be, she wanted to be invisible so that he won’t be able to see and tease her. She hated how he’d make her heart beat fast, how he’d instantly make her face heat up in embarrassment. She wanted to die, hypothetically speaking.


© 2013 L.L. Lily


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

118 Views
Added on September 1, 2013
Last Updated on September 1, 2013
Tags: romantic comedy, teen & young adult, fiction


Author

L.L. Lily
L.L. Lily

About
Everyone has a beautiful life story, you lead it, life writes it to what we call past or history. No matter how small, every little detail counts. My paper, your pen our hands joined as an beautiful i.. more..

Writing
authors note authors note

A Chapter by L.L. Lily


BUlletproof BUlletproof

A Story by L.L. Lily