Making it right

Making it right

A Chapter by Luis G.
"

The life and death of the relationship he ruined. Luis Guzman is the creator and the destoyer of his own love life. From a once smile to tears. Make it right is the result of a heartbreak.

"
Darker shadows, Brighter memories. those contradict each other don't they? Past and present. The past was great a year ago. The present is what will hurt. I'm sorry you're probably feeling confused right now. Let's start with the past.

As I sit up from my chair and walk to the teacher impatiently, I think to myself. I'm never going to play a viola again. I've played the viola since my sixth grade year and I loved it. I loved how the strings vibrated, the squeaks it gave and the beautiful tone it made. but, due to my grades I needed to switch it.
"Hi, you must be Luis, sit please."
"Is there anyway I can keep orchestra, please?" I begged the counselor. she gave me the look of denial. I clicked my teeth and accepted the change. P.E. really why physical education? Do I start today or tomorrow? Is it boring? Why am I being changed? these questions came rushing in like bulls. As I grab my new schedule I look across the room.
"I'll be back to get orchestra back." I swore.
I walk to the gym that is actually out the door and down a long corridor. I take a breath and walk in. I saw her.

I wake up dull to look around the mess I have hoarded in my room. What a pig that I am. I get up and grab my towel. I stumble to the bathroom and start playing music that is depressing. I walk into the shower and I stare and the empty wall. Wiped clean of it's emotions, no pain, no happiness. reminds me of me. I start to look around and grab my soap and it comes on. "Perfect" by the musical genius Ed Sheeran. The song that we danced to. Now I know you are wondering who is she? Now the pronoun cliche is in play. you'll figure out soon. I grab my phone and I change the song. The memories come back to me. How it felt to be in her arms. How skinny she is. How beautiful she is. Her voice and her laugh. The tear drop is turned into running water. If she only knew.

I walk into the class for the eighth time. I like to keep count due to my weird sense that I will be switched to another class soon. I get changed and get out of the smelly locker room. I see her again. This mysterious girl, both beautiful but yet scary. I knew I shouldn't talk to her. I was in a relationship with a freshman while me being a sophomore. But I couldn't stop from staring. I keep my cool and I walk to my number. Names called and checked for present or absence of the day.
"Okay today we're walking around so get to it"
The teacher is lazy so the most exercise I've gotten so far was changing into the physical education attire. I walk around by myself for a while. Looking around and coming close to people and I back off right away. As I do that I accidentally stumbled into a group that was filled with the social rejects of the school. great I thought. I walk away but slow down. there she is, that girl. she seems serious, maybe she isn't single. Wait no maybe she is. Why should I care I'm dating someone, well not really she kissed me. That's sad that a girl had to kiss a guy. I slow down and I start walking with one of them that I know. we talk as a group, then I caught her stare.

I get to walking to the bus. Unlike the other kids in my old school I get three more hours of sleep and two more hours of school. Continuation school, rock bottom of the education system. I start my journey to the bus and I plug my headphones in. Listening to music she comes to my mind. She always does. It's hard not to think of her. It shouldn't have of ended. But I needed to do it. My favorite band is called the Lumineers. they're pretty good. I like them and I follow them on social media. One of the songs reminds me too much of what I did that I had to change it. I walk through the cracked streets and empty houses. Well they look empty. I walk until I get to my destination, by the time I get there the playlist is on the third song. Flapper Girl. This song is really good. It's amazing to see how the music changed today from the last decade. though I am a so called 21 century child I feel like an old soul in the new body that I stole during birth. I get on the bus and I take my prize possession of the book I got from the library. Reading is hard but I try. she always comes up. I told her I won't move on from her, I won't. but I need to block all the s**t that kills me. It'll make the time in this new school go faster. I grab my phone and put my finger on the detection interaction thing. It opens and I see her on my background. I still haven't changed it.
"Man, you are a pathetic guy Luis." I mutter to myself.
Roads pass me by and so do people. I arrive to the school and I get my phone and look at her messages. I study them and I begin to type.

We are instructed to move inside of the gym. I look around and find the social rejects, I like them. I am a social reject as well so I fit in. There she is, wearing the typical teenage girl clothes. A black sweater shirt and these blue jeans mixed with a interesting choice of footwear. I untie my friend anayi's shoe, we'll reffer her to Anaheim. I give a laugh and I look directly at her. I proceed to get closer with my fingertips and do the unthinkable. I untie her shoes. She looks at me and gives me a stare of confusion. I stare back and I give her a look of affection. My heart skipped a beat and had a new rhythm. I swear to anything that is up there. She is perfect to the core.


© 2018 Luis G.


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

223 Views
Added on April 25, 2018
Last Updated on April 25, 2018


Author

Luis G.
Luis G.

San Bernardino, CA



About
I am a person like everyone haha, I am old school and I read lots of books well, I've always been fond of books more..

Writing
2 2

A Chapter by Luis G.